+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

jeuniii

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
From the Oct sheet I see some people have their Oath on the same day as their test/interview. Whats the deal with that ? Is it upto the discretion of CIC ?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
From the Oct sheet I see some people have their Oath on the same day as their test/interview. Whats the deal with that ? Is it upto the discretion of CIC ?
For people who live in a remote location (300-500km) from the nearest CPC or regional itinerant service
Only Calgary and Edmonton have been doing that, AFAIK

Reactions: tikya

Endlescc

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
I submitted my application on Oct 25 and was received by Oct 30. Yesterday they sent me request for FP :s.
They document note that they need proof of landing (omg who would keep that paper after 4 years?!). I do have my PR card tho i am not sure if that is sufficient

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
I submitted my application on Oct 25 and was received by Oct 30. Yesterday they sent me request for FP :s.
They document note that they need proof of landing (omg who would keep that paper after 4 years?!). I do have my PR card tho i am not sure if that is sufficient
Your record of landing is a very important document. You land just one time for life (unless you lose or renounce PR then apply for it again, which is very rare), so I think everyone should keep their landing record for many many years to come :)

Reactions: Kamal.Aly

Endlescc

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013

tikya

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
Following.... I have the same questions before. Our Test center is at Canada Place Edmonton which is 264 kms away to be exact. I am not sure we can take the Oath after we passed the test and interview? Before there were two families here in Fox Creek who took citizenship test and Oath ceremony at the same day. Any thoughts? TIA

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
lol awesome thank you. I will try my luck then
I honestly did not know where I throw that paper lol (or if the border even gave it back to me :p)

So i think if everything goes right I will be invited to write the test some time soon now that they asked for FP. It is faster than i thought because the website said one year for process time
Your landing paper is very important ..More important than your PR card

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Bro I need it they told u the same day u landed that u would need it for ur citizenship and u have to keep such document

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Bro I need it they told u the same day u landed that u would need it for ur citizenship and u have to keep such document
You don't need it for your FP at most places. You may want it for your interview.

You can request it here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-verification-status-replacement-immigration-document.html

edit: CIC website states 1 month processing time, so plenty of time to get it.

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
I scanned my COPR and sent it to myself via email so that I would always have access to it if I need it.