+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Quiches

Star Member
Nov 26, 2017
Two days into my vacation and just when I ceased to think about my application semi-obsessively every day, an interview/test invite made it to my email inbox! I am truly ecstatic!

Here are the stats:
Invitation sent: 2018/03/20
Interview (no test since it is a minor application) Date: 2018/04/18

Other remarks:
Checked ECAS, and it is not updated yet.

Also, although I live in Surrey, the test location is the Vancouver office, and the test invite is issued by the Vancouver office. I wonder if that indicates my file is being processed at the Vancouver office or I am just going there to take the test/ do the interview. If anyone knows anything about this, I would love to know.

If anyone else applied with a Minor B(1) application and is curious (like I was), the test invite is generic for all applicants. However, it does say that if the applicant is under 18, no test is necessary on the invite.

Please update! Thanks, admins!

Reactions: thegentleman

Love2HelpU

Mar 20, 2018
Two days into my vacation and just when I ceased to think about my application semi-obsessively every day, an interview/test invite made it to my email inbox! I am truly ecstatic!

Here are the stats:
Invitation sent: 2018/03/20
Interview (no test since it is a minor application) Date: 2018/04/18

Other remarks:
Checked ECAS, and it is not updated yet.

Also, although I live in Surrey, the test location is the Vancouver office, and the test invite is issued by the Vancouver office. I wonder if that indicates my file is being processed at the Vancouver office or I am just going there to take the test/ do the interview. If anyone knows anything about this, I would love to know.

If anyone else applied with a Minor B(1) application and is curious (like I was), the test invite is generic for all applicants. However, it does say that if the applicant is under 18, no test is necessary on the invite.

Please update! Thanks, admins!
If your Test/Interview is in Vancouver then your Physical file is there(Containing your application and documents) ,which means you are being processed in Vancouver :)

Reactions: Quiches

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
Apparently the Montreal office suddenly realized they were being productive and someone decided they needed to put an end to that nonsense.
Thank you, I needed that laugh! :D:D

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
Good luck on Thursday - hope everything goes smoothly.
Thanks! I'm here studying now. Will let you guys know how it goes for sure!

Quiches

Star Member
Nov 26, 2017
If your Test/Interview is in Vancouver then your Physical file is there(Containing your application and documents) ,which means you are being processed in Vancouver :)
I see, thank you so much! So much for me tracking the Surrey's office's movements all these past months then. (Not that I am complaining because the Vancouver office seems to be faster.)

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
So I have a question and perhaps those who have already done the exam and have seen this question on there can give a far more accurate answer.

So for the question "How is the Prime Minister chosen?" I would have taught the most obvious answer would have been, "The Leader of the party with the most elected Members of Parliament becomes the next Prime Minister." :rolleyes: But apparently, that is wrong according to this one website that states that "The Prime Minister is appointed by the Governor General." o_O

From the book - Discover Canada
Page 29
The Sovereign is represented in Canada by the
Governor General, who is appointed by the
Sovereign on the advice of the Prime Minister
usually for five years.

Page 31
Ordinarily, after an election, the leader of the
political party with the most seats in the House
of Commons is invited by the Governor General
to form the government. After being appointed
by the Governor General, the leader of this party
becomes the Prime Minister.

The GG appoints the PM and then the PM advises on the GG? A bit confusing if you ask me. Let me know please if anyone has seen this question on the test and gotten it right. Thank you.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
So I have a question and perhaps those who have already done the exam and have seen this question on there can give a far more accurate answer.

So for the question "How is the Prime Minister chosen?" I would have taught the most obvious answer would have been, "The Leader of the party with the most elected Members of Parliament becomes the next Prime Minister." :rolleyes: But apparently, that is wrong according to this one website that states that "The Prime Minister is appointed by the Governor General." o_O

From the book - Discover Canada
Page 29
The Sovereign is represented in Canada by the
Governor General, who is appointed by the
Sovereign on the advice of the Prime Minister
usually for five years.

Page 31
Ordinarily, after an election, the leader of the
political party with the most seats in the House
of Commons is invited by the Governor General
to form the government. After being appointed
by the Governor General, the leader of this party
becomes the Prime Minister.

The GG appoints the PM and then the PM advises on the GG? A bit confusing if you ask me. Let me know please if anyone has seen this question on the test and gotten it right. Thank you.
The question is a bit weird. In all the practice questions I did, the first one was always the correct answer. The Governor General appoints the PM, means ceremonially. But the leader of the party with the most elected MPs becomes the PM, that's how s/he's chosen. If the GG's term is nearing to an end (5 years as opposed to 4 years for PM), then the PM advises on whom to pick as the GG, and the Sovereign appoints them. That's my understanding.

From Discover Canada,

"Ordinarily, after an election, the leader of the political party with the most seats in the House of Commons is invited by the Governor General to form the government. After being appointed by the Governor General, the leader of this party becomes the Prime Minister."