Med's Done....
29-12-2014 and again 07-01-2014 "med recieved" 14--1-2014
Passport Req..
22-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
15-06-2014
Hi everyone, just received test invite today for April 12!! Family of 4 from Vancouver.
Please update,

Thanks,
ManjuCa

Yerushalayim

Jan 28, 2014
Hi folks,

Under what kind of circumstances would be asked for finger prints and will you get an email or regular mail for that notice?

Thanks,

W

mia.tx.00

Nov 25, 2017
In process since Jan 10 at the Calgary office here.

Going by the spreadsheet, it appears no one from the November group has received a test invite from the Calgary office (except for 1 that requested urgent processing - and that was back in December). The last time an October applicant received a test invite from Calgary was mid Feb.

I have a theory....I think the Calgary office booked tests so far in advance that they have run out of test dates (they were sending invites in Jan for March testing). Other centers seem to book tests 2 - 3 weeks in advance. Once they get through the the current backlog of tests, they may send out another bunch of invites. But that's just me hypothesizing. Until then, no news is good news.
No I don't think so, a friend of mine and his wife applied in Jan and got test invite for next month from Calagary office. I can't make sense out of it.

Reactions: Balboul

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi folks,

Under what kind of circumstances would be asked for finger prints and will you get an email or regular mail for that notice?

Thanks,

W
You or someone with a similar name/date of birth has been charged with (or convicted of) an indictable offence.
You would be sent a letter.

Reactions: Yerushalayim

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
No its ok. You were right!. My reason is not valid for my son's trip but I keep my patience every single day to wait. Thank you. Goodluck to us.
Did you contact them with the request? Who did you contact? The IRCC head office or the test center? Thanks in advance for providing the information as I might have to send a request too.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you contact them with the request? Who did you contact? The IRCC head office or the test center? Thanks in advance for providing the information as I might have to send a request too.
I don't think they went for urgent processing. They got a test date through the regular application.

Reactions: tikya

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi folks,

Thanks,

W
From what I know, they request fingerprints if your name (partial or full) and/or biographical profile results in a hit in the RCMP database, they need your fingerprints to make sure it's not you. It's nothing to worry about, and is quite common.

FP request is sent by regular mail. ECAS will update saying some correspondence has been mailed out to you, but won't mention what it is.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
In process since Jan 10 at the Calgary office here.

Going by the spreadsheet, it appears no one from the November group has received a test invite from the Calgary office (except for 1 that requested urgent processing - and that was back in December). The last time an October applicant received a test invite from Calgary was mid Feb.

I have a theory....I think the Calgary office booked tests so far in advance that they have run out of test dates (they were sending invites in Jan for March testing). Other centers seem to book tests 2 - 3 weeks in advance. Once they get through the the current backlog of tests, they may send out another bunch of invites. But that's just me hypothesizing. Until then, no news is good news.
We have discussed all possibilities and theories that could rationalize the significant drop in Calgary office work but we could not reach the reality, do you know why! because we are just guessing. There is no way to contact the local office and definitely the IRCC call center's agents are not helpful for always their answer is " the processing time is 12 months, you need to be patient".

I think both of us on the same page about the huge number of applications The Calgary office deal with, but as you mentioned above the last test letter according to the SS was on Feb 15 to do the test on March 28, means 2 weeks from now. However, Calgary office has not opened any in April and we are in mid of March!! and what about the people are waiting for oath after passing the test and their status is DM for a while now!!

One of the members here who went through interview recently was told by the officer that the background check reports take forever these days! the oath ceremony wont be soon! commmmmmme on !!
The only thing we can do, is just keep praying for Calgary office :)
Good luck.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Calgary Office is back to October and older applications, I am guessing they require the background checks before the test interview invitations, but I agree with everyone they are too slow....
They are not slow, they almost stopped working!
I think Calgary office does like all other local offices, they offer the test before receiving the background check report.
Its gonna take forever if they want to wait till every applicant to pass the check and wont have the full number at the test day.
Some applicants wait 2-3 month after the test to receive DM because of the background check. I think the only advantage we are getting now as Calgarians that by the time we do the test our background clearance report is going to be ready, or I am just dreaming :) .

Reactions: edmonds

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi members ,

I sent 2 web forms to CIC for my coming vacation plan one for my myself and one for my spouse (I did so because I do not want to be representative for her )

1- For myself i got response to my email saying they informed to respective office for my absence period
2- For her she got response in her email yesterday saying
---
Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

IRCC is always striving to improve our customer service. Rest assured that our priority is to answer your needs.

If your enquiry has yet to be answered via other channels such as our phone agents, paid representatives, community centres, etc., please write back to us using the IRCC Web form.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

· Download application forms and guides

· Change of address

· Check your application status

· Help Centre

We thank you for your understanding and patience as we seek to provide existing and future Canadians with the best client service.

Sincerely,

---

My Question :
- why CIC act differently in response for same kind of request , in above example for me they informed to office for her they are asking to submit again web form if it is not answered yet (obviously that is not answered or confirmed to her yet )

Any clue what is this ??

Thanks
It seems that your application no is the file no for your wife. If this is the case, which I believe is the case, then you are good. This seems to be reason that your wife got this kind of response.

cohen

Nov 15, 2016
They are not slow, they almost stopped working!
I think Calgary office does like all other local offices, they offer the test before receiving the background check report.
Its gonna take forever if they want to wait till every applicant to pass the check and wont have the full number at the test day.
Some applicants wait 2-3 month after the test to receive DM because of the background check. I think the only advantage we are getting now as Calgarians that by the time we do the test our background clearance report is going to be ready, or I am just dreaming :) .
No you are not dreaming....who knows ?! may even you have the test and cermony at same day....I guess they will get back to nov applications next month....

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Hi, was yours urgent processing ? Just curious.
Mine is regular and Scarborough office is going at the usual pace but the problem is all of GTA applications are being done at this center now and even on my test date, there were 4 testing blocks and total of nearly 100 applicants were tested. The oath letter and oath date has a progression of one month for each step and some of my friends have not received their oath letter even after 2 months. That what worries me that the work load might be affecting the timelines. My situation is changing and I might have to change oath early but there is no guarantee as I asked them the probable date of oath, they replied it would be any time before nov 2018, within one year of your application, which is a standard answer. I was just wondering if there is a mechanism to appeal for an earlier date and hence posed the question.