+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Kamal.Aly

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Is Calgary Office very slow or members aren't sending their timeline updates? Calgary office seems to be stuck in "IP" with no test invites since mid December!!

Quiches

Star Member
Nov 26, 2017
@ADMINS

Correction on my IP date: it is actually 2018/02/13 instead of 2018/02/14.
I must have gotten too excited at the sight of IP yesterday and didn't read the actual IP date.

Merciiii!

ohhhhusa

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Is Calgary Office very slow or members aren't sending their timeline updates? Calgary office seems to be stuck in "IP" with no test invites since mid December!!
The Calgary office is booked for tests until the end march because they received so many applications in October. If you look carefully at the Calgary applicants on the October spreadsheet, you can see that even if they sent you a test invite today, it would be for April or May so maybe that's why they're waiting. Personally, I have been IP since Feb 9 so I'm expecting to go for the test in May or June.

Dimma

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
@Dimma and @shan30 kindly confirm if you traveled out of country before meeting the physical presence requirement.

I am wondering if the travel during that time could cause processing delay as I traveled to US 17 times before meeting the physical presence requirement.
Yes, several times.. I couldn’t find any pattern, have seen people waiting for months ..though they didn’t travel

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
our time line is almost the same. Unfortunately, Calgary office looks so busy and has a waiting list of the test, and there capacity is not that much. And keep in mind that Calgary office got the biggest number of applicants after Toronto in Oct. We will be lucky if we get the invitation by end of this month or beginning of March.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
The Calgary office is booked for tests until the end march because they received so many applications in October. If you look carefully at the Calgary applicants on the October spreadsheet, you can see that even if they sent you a test invite today, it would be for April or May so maybe that's why they're waiting. Personally, I have been IP since Feb 9 so I'm expecting to go for the test in May or June.
I agree with you, I just took a look at the spreadsheet and figured out that Calgary office is not sending out letter like before and even when they do the test date not before end of March. looks like they are so busy and having like a waiting list. Mine IP since Jan 03 and am ready for the test but I need to wait till I get my turn.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Look bit north in Edmonton. This office is horrible. Barely issues test requests and people wait 2.5mo for oath AFTER DM.

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Look bit north in Edmonton. This office is horrible. Barely issues test requests and people wait 2.5mo for oath AFTER DM.
God knows what's happening at Winnipeg CIC. Nobody from Nov. applicants got test invite so far as per spreadsheet. Any idea experts what is the average timeline from IP to test invite in Winnipeg?

Jan 29, 2018
that's weird, I and My husband sent our application and it was received on November 3rd. I've got my AOR almost a month ago but my husband still waiting for AOR. Is not the PR number and Client Id the same?
No, they are different. Client ID is what you see in previous work permit or study permit document. PR card number is at the back of the card start with P.

He should check ECAS with different combinations. Perhaps his case is like mine.

Jan 29, 2018
I am being asked to bring all my original documents per the document check list when I take the test.

Is it applicable to everyone? Do you know it covers photos as well? I submitted to photos with the application and do not have extras.

What do you think?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I am being asked to bring all my original documents per the document check list when I take the test.

Is it applicable to everyone? Do you know it covers photos as well? I submitted to photos with the application and do not have extras.

What do you think?
Yes, everyone has to carry all originals. No, you don't need to take new photographs.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Wow we are at 90% AOR and 60% IP ..I like the speed. Also we saw some test invite this week. I am hoping we should see some more IP to bring it up to 70% by end of this week. I am hoping to see at least 10% test invite by end of this month. For the ones who have not received AOR can you all check and update us if you are still active member on this thread - please help the admins keep the tracker relevant. I have copied all the applicants who have applied in November but have not received their AOR or have not updated us.

@rav69
@shankari
@shankett
@MonzB
@kb Rallan
@metrovancouver
@dhillozcanada2
@dchoudh
@Balboul
@anilkumar925
@Farebox
@ameralmani
@axal22
@Highlanderses
@Prash
@azizfaqiry
@canbabu
@pdargini
@Hamohd
@43040
@Rockbhrrr
@Nube
@snowyz
@Enjoylife
@kh0
@Tuarus
@Karachi1
@outflare
@canehh
@maxmoore
@birdthunder
@Mike053

I received my letter via email today from CIC.