+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

takamasa

Jan 31, 2016
I would like to share my story.

I have spent enough days base on the new bill, In Nov, I submitted my application through the agent/lawyer and just last week, he informed me that immigration canada is missing my IELTS result, I clearly remember i gave him already, anyway i requested a new one and will soon drop it off to him again in person.

my question is as i go through an agent or lawyer as my representative, am i able to check any status on ECAS , i start to wonder if my lawyer lied to me since i haven't received any email from immigration canada however he said he received a letter from immigration canada saying i am missing the IELTS result.

anyone has a thought or situation that you hire a lawyer for the application, thanks a lot for sharing :D

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017

I have spent enough days base on the new bill, In Nov, I submitted my application through the agent/lawyer and just last week, he informed me that immigration canada is missing my IELTS result, I clearly remember i gave him already, anyway i requested a new one and will soon drop it off to him again in person.

my question is as i go through an agent or lawyer as my representative, am i able to check any status on ECAS , i start to wonder if my lawyer lied to me since i haven't received any email from immigration canada however he said he received a letter from immigration canada saying i am missing the IELTS result.

anyone has a thought or situation that you hire a lawyer for the application, thanks a lot for sharing :D
If you think your lawyer is lying, ask him/her to show you the letter from immigration.

Reactions: ChippyBoy

pablo_cv4

Nov 24, 2014

If you apply through a lawyer or representative, Immigration Canada will send all communication to him/her.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
My application is in process as well. Please update. Looks like Ottawa apps is moving. Kan_Sri check your ECAS soon :p

Single application received Nov 30
AOR Jan 19
IP Feb 6

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If you think your lawyer is lying, ask him/her to show you the letter from immigration.
Also, the question arises of whether your application has even been accepted, or returned as incomplete, due to missing documents.

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013

My first question is why use a lawyer... and I would imagine that that will be the first question of CIC as well. It raises too many suspicions... as if you are hiding something. The application process is easy enough. Either way, I don't know how he got a correspondence from CIC... usually they just send the entire application back when you are missing something. Anyway, good luck ;)