Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
AUG 28
File Transfer...
NOV 23
what is the processing time to become a citizen? I've been a pr and living in Canada since 2008

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
what is the processing time to become a citizen? I've been a pr and living in Canada since 2008
12 months from the date the application is delivered, according to IRCC. Could change in the future.

Typically people get it sooner than 12 months, depending on their location.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Fellows,

I was working in one of the middle eastern country when I got my PR and made a move to Canada. I had submitted PCC from same middle eastern with my PR application at that time. With my citizenship application, I had to attach PCC from the same middle eastern country as I have lived there just under 1 year in last 4 years but was missing an imp document to apply for PCC. I sent citizenship application with an explanation letter providing valid reason of not attaching PCC. My application is now In Process. Even after applying citizenship, I continued my efforts to acquire PCC and at last, succeeded to obtain it. I called IRCC to check how and where to send PCC after receiving AOR ( before In Process) but agent advised me not to send unless asked. According to the agent, since my application has been accepted with waiver of PCC so I don't need to send it unless asked by officer.

What should I do? Any similar experience would be helpful.

Reactions: Shining Moon

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Dear Fellows,

I was working in one of the middle eastern country when I got my PR and made a move to Canada. I had submitted PCC from same middle eastern with my PR application at that time. With my citizenship application, I had to attach PCC from the same middle eastern country as I have lived there just under 1 year in last 4 years but was missing an imp document to apply for PCC. I sent citizenship application with an explanation letter providing valid reason of not attaching PCC. My application is now In Process. Even after applying citizenship, I continued my efforts to acquire PCC and at last, succeeded to obtain it. I called IRCC to check how and where to send PCC after receiving AOR ( before In Process) but agent advised me not to send unless asked. According to the agent, since my application has been accepted with waiver of PCC so I don't need to send it unless asked by officer.

What should I do? Any similar experience would be helpful.
Hi Abu Hassaan,

My case is similar to yours except that I have submitted PCC from my earlier country with citizenship application and it (family of 3) is in process now. I think, it is better to follow the advise of the IRCC agent and keep the PCC handy if they ask for it in future.

Reactions: Abu Hassaan

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Abu Hassaan,

My case is similar to yours except that I have submitted PCC from my earlier country with citizenship application and it (family of 3) is in process now. I think, it is better to follow the advise of the IRCC agent and keep the PCC handy if they ask for it in future.
Thanks a lot for the valuable suggestion.