+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. I received AOR a couple of days ago, still no IP. I just realized that there are a few short trips (same day or single day) that I made to the US that I forgot to include in the physical presence calculator. I have a very good buffer that should cover those days. But I was wondering if it would be better to update IRCC about this. How can we send updates regarding our application? Do I need to fill the presence calculator again with the missing absences and print it?

Also, the I-94 travel history on the CBP Web site seems to include inconsistent information such as two departures in sequence or a departure on a date that is later than the date I actually left. Also for some trips in the list, I don't even have an entry stamp for and I don't recall traveling on those dates! Is this something that usually happens with CBP entry/exit records? If I request a FOIA, would it be more accurate?

Last edited:

Nick Manickam

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. I received AOR a couple of days ago, still no IP. I just realized that there are a few short trips (same day or single day) that I made to the US that I forgot to include in the physical presence calculator. I have a very good buffer that should cover those days. But I was wondering if it would be better to update IRCC about this. How can we send updates regarding our application? Do I need to fill the presence calculator again with the missing absences and print it?

Also, the I-94 travel history on the CBP Web site seems to include inconsistent information such as two departures in sequence or a departure on a date that is later than the date I actually left. Also for some trips in the list, I don't even have an entry stamp for and I don't recall traveling on those dates! Is this something that usually happens with CBP entry/exit records? If I request a FOIA, would it be more accurate?
It sounds a bit complicated and confusing too. If it's just a day trip, I feel it should be OK as you were present in Canada on that day.
I couldn't understand the second paragraph so I hope someone replies to that section. All the best.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
It sounds a bit complicated and confusing too. If it's just a day trip, I feel it should be OK as you were present in Canada on that day.
I couldn't understand the second paragraph so I hope someone replies to that section. All the best.
No, the faq section on CIC website explicitly stated any trip, including day trip, would need to be reported

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
No, the faq section on CIC website explicitly stated any trip, including day trip, would need to be reported
That is correct and I understand that. Even the physical presence calculator mentions that and I don't know where was my head when I was filling it! My question is about the best way to proceed now. I believe I should send them a letter explaining the mistake and listing those missing absences. I just wanted to know how I can do that. Is there a specific address to send case-related information/updates? Or maybe a Web form? The AOR letter doesn't mention any local processing office. Should I just send a letter to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney.

Thank you Nick. Apart from one trip where I spent the day and returned the next day, they are all same day trips indeed. To clarify the second paragraph. I wanted to make sure that I did not forget any other trips so I checked the US CBP Web site for my I-94 travel history. And the list had the issues that I mentioned. So I was wondering if making a FOIA request to CBP for my entry/exit records would result in a more accurate list.

racxx

Oct 12, 2017
In Process as of 27th Dec.

(Application sect 12th Oct, Delivered 16th Oct, AOR 11th Dec)

Could someone update the spreadsheet for me please?

Currently line 599 in October applications

Reactions: thegentleman

axal22

Nov 24, 2014
Hi,

I'm a November Applicant as well, still have not received AOR. I sent my application on November 8th, and according to Canada Post it was received on November 14th.

Reactions: Konan1982

axal22

Nov 24, 2014
Just wanted to share my timeline so far:

Presence Days: 1263
Number of Applicants: Single
City: Calgary
Application Sent: Nov 08, 2017
Application Delivered: Nov 14, 2017

Happy New Year to everyone!

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Hi,

I'm a November Applicant as well, still have not received AOR. I sent my application on November 8th, and according to Canada Post it was received on November 14th.
Hey
Same here ,
My docs received on November 17th still no AOR
Apparently, we applied almost same time and from the same city ..lol

axal22

Nov 24, 2014
Hey
Same here ,
My docs received on November 17th still no AOR
Apparently, we applied almost same time and from the same city ..lol
Glad to hear a lot more people is on the same spot as I am! I was starting to get worried... lol. Hope to get some news soon!