+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if someone can answer my question. My application was delivered on November 22nd 2017 and i would like to know how long it would take before i get an answer or a sign that my application is in process? I haven't received any confirmation that they received my application. All i got is a confirmation from the canadapost that my package was delivered.
Typically it takes 30-45 days to get AOR (acknowledgement of receipt). After AOR, you can start checking the status of your application online on ECAS as well.

Keep monitoring the tracking spreadsheet.

amerabouissa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Typically it takes 30-45 days to get AOR (acknowledgement of receipt). After AOR, you can start checking the status of your application online on ECAS as well.

Keep monitoring the tracking spreadsheet.
Thank you! fingers crossed the sooner the better. I've been waiting to apply for 4,5 years, but i am sure everyone here is!! good luck for all

rea11

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
For Question 10 a: Where have you lived during your eligibility period? Please list all address inside and outside of Canada.

If I went for a 1 week vacation to Dubai. Do I need to mention

1. The Hotel address under the column "Number and Street name"?

Last edited:

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
For Question 10 a: Where have you lived during your eligibility period? Please list all address inside and outside of Canada.

If I went for a 1 week vacation to Dubai. Do I need to mention

1. The Hotel address under the column "Number and Street name"?
No, you didn't live there, you were there on vacation only. You need to mention this absence in the residence calculator only.

rea11

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
No, you didn't live there, you were there on vacation only. You need to mention this absence in the residence calculator only.
But my passport has got in and out stamps for those dates. How can I write I was in India for those days...when I was not actually

gg08

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
But my passport has got in and out stamps for those dates. How can I write I was in India for those days...when I was not actually
The question is : where have you 'lived' during the eligibility period? There is a difference between living and going on vacation. Just mention the vacation period in the eligibility/residence calculator as absence. cheers!

Quiches

Star Member
Nov 26, 2017
Hi,
From following the bill for the last year and a half to finally applying, I am so excited to go on this long-awaited journey of citizenship with you guys!

Please add me to the tracking,
Application type: Minors under B(1) (No Canadian parents or adults applying concurrently)
Physical Presence: 1242
Application Sent: November 23, 2017
Application Delivered: In TRANSIT

I am wondering if anyone is familiar or has been through the Minors B(1) application process? I am quite nervous as it seems uncommon and there is not much info on the process timeline. As far as I've researched, no knowledge test or language test necessary, but there is a mandatory PI interview. Anyone who can comment

Reactions: nofrills

rea11

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
The question is : where have you 'lived' during the eligibility period? There is a difference between living and going on vacation. Just mention the vacation period in the eligibility/residence calculator as absence. cheers!
I cannot enter those dates in the physical presence calculator as I do not have date I left and entered Canada. As during that time I was not connected to Canada at all...So shall I stay for those dates I was staying in India? and give Indian address rather than writing those days as vacation?

Cookiespuppy

Nov 26, 2017
Just joined forum
application sent November 11
Application received November 16
No AOR yet

I might have made an error on years of filing taxes l think l stated l fliled for 2017 taxes by error will my application be returned any one with answer?

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
The people at ircc file taxes too, they would know you made a mistake.