+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

daman2214

Nov 13, 2017
i would first give a call to canada post and see what happened, if you did request the signature.
I was on the phone with them since yesterday and they could only say that the package was delivered but no reason for why signatory name was not signed. I just wanted to find out if that happened to other guys on here ..

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am currently studying in University so should i give the information of enrolled in uni as its not finished yet or should I give my secondary school diploma along with my high school transcript which is completed for proof of language. Or should I give them both school and uni proof?
I would attach both along with the credential evaluation certificate of completed diploma, if studied outside Canada.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I called today CIC to find out whether the year in which applicants wait for their immigration process outside Canada is considered as part of the 183 days (which requires one to get a PCC0..the agent told me NO. They take into consideration the absence of 183+ days AFTER becoming a permanent resident in Canada. I asked why isn't this clearly mentioned on the form to avoid confusion??? He said it's still a new form and they are receiving a lot of complaints regarding this matter. Is there a link to their confirmation on Twitter as you mentioned above? Thanks
Strange, they would have added "after becoming PR" in the question to avoid this confusion.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Did anyone use Secureship(dot)ca to ship the application?

secureship(dot)ca has good prices! has anyone used this service? How reliable is it?

Do you just create a new account and print the fedex lable?

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
HI EVERYBODY.
I SEND MY APPLICATION BY UPS YESTERDAY. UNFORTUNATLEY I MADE A MISTAKE IN ONLINE CALCULATOR.ANY SUGGESTION?
IT WILL BE THERE BY TOMORROW.CAN I ASK FOR RETURN OF MY PACKAGE/
What mistake

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
hey all,

I was wondering any guys on here who sent their application package with Xpresspost (canadapost) and it was delivered but was not signed for ...

App sent :14 Nov 2017
App delivered: 17 Nov 2017 not signed :(
I mailed mine with Canada Post on Wednesday 11/15th, & I paid the extra one dollar fee for them to get me a signature-on-delivery. I can see by online tracking that my XpressPost envelope has made it as far as Halifax, NS, so I'm expecting it to be delivered on Monday. But as it's going to a PO Box number, I think that Canada Post will put a little notification card in IRCC's physical PO Box at the Post Office in Sydney, NS. So I'm guessing that "delivered" means that it's at the Post Office but waiting to be signed-for by an IRCC mailman/worker/rep?

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Hi. Question for the forum members. I prepared my citizenship application for myself and my wife. Wen I was making payment online, there is an option to select quantity and I selected quantity=2. My receipt consequently shows a payment of $1260. I was expecting two separate payment receipts of $630 each however I got 1 payment receipt of $1260. Will this be a problem when I send in the applications for me and my wife. Do I need to provide a note. Has anyone made a combined payment .. Appreciate your thoughts.

rea11

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
How many ID proof do we have to submit with the application? Can health card be used as ID proof for the application?

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
Hi. Question for the forum members. I prepared my citizenship application for myself and my wife. Wen I was making payment online, there is an option to select quantity and I selected quantity=2. My receipt consequently shows a payment of $1260. I was expecting two separate payment receipts of $630 each however I got 1 payment receipt of $1260. Will this be a problem when I send in the applications for me and my wife. Do I need to provide a note. Has anyone made a combined payment .. Appreciate your thoughts.
Print 2 copies and attach one copy to each application. That’s what I did for myself, husband and kid. Applied in October and received AOR.

rea11

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
I got tourist visa for 10 years with max stay of 6 months in a go before becoming PR. I stayed for 2 months in Canada as a visitor and then went to India for PR and returned to Canada as permanent resident. So what will be expiry of my tourist visa? What date should I put...expiry date mentioned on visitor visa or date when I left Canada to go to India?

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
How many ID proof do we have to submit with the application? Can health card be used as ID proof for the application?
I submitted passport copy, PR card, drivers license and CoPR.

Reactions: ibry