+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

amazonpatel18

Nov 14, 2017
Disclaimer** not an expert, just want to be helpful =]

1. Just make sure to list all of those jobs and all of those residences, even if the timeline overlaps. I am currently working 2 jobs so in the first line I put my newest job 2017-06 to current then my older job I put 2014-07 to current, so those overlap. I had a month where I was in between jobs (actually just enjoying a month off for the stunning BC summer) so I wrote in 2014-06 to 2014-07 as unemployed and just put my home address at the time and myself as the contact. I ticked both the 'I was employed' and 'I was unemployed, a homemaker or retired' boxes. If you're filling your form out on the computer just keep hitting the + button until you've got everything in within your eligibility period. Adding an extra sheet wouldn't hurt if you needed, better to give more than less in my opinion.

2. I feel like the answer is yes, put her under homemaker from July 2016 to current and whatever her previous job was up until July 2016 and make sure she ticks both boxes at the top of the question.

3. That sounds right. So it should look like;

2016 Yes Yes
2015 Yes Yes
2014 Yes Yes
2013 No No
2012 No No

Thank you so much!! It does clarify a great deal :)

Reactions: benjis_monikuss

Divine Favour

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
When you say app received Nov 1st, have you received communication back stating they received it? I ask because I submitted on Oct 15th and have not received anything back yet. I tracked the package so I know it arrived... thanks!
I meant application delivered.

RguhsDUDE

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Could you add my name to the sheet?

Name: RguhsDUDE
App Type: Single
Physical Presence: 1271
App Sent Nov 07 (Regular post)
Received : Note sure (may add today's date)
Note : 3/5 rule.

mkh_on

Nov 15, 2017
For the question Where were you physically located in 11, should I use my office/school address or the address where I lived (i.e., apartment or house address)?

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
For the question Where were you physically located in 11, should I use my office/school address or the address where I lived (i.e., apartment or house address)?
Place(s) where you were working/studying; offices/schools/factories/shops/etc where you were and which IRCC could call to double-check if they want.

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Please add me to the spreadsheet.
Single application
Total physical presence days: 1493
Application Couriered: November 15, 2017

Karachi1

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
That's correct. In any case, you will have to provide copy of birth certificate. You don't have to prove that children are living with parents if custody was never transferred to anyone else. Also, remember that child benefits come to mother and CRA has a record that both parents are living together.

Would you mind to share the strategy why parent is applying for children only?
-3 adult siblings are also applying with 2 minors. would that be okay like in one package or they should apply separately?
-Parents won't be applying because father's days are not yet completed for citizenship and mother is a 45 years old, home maker and learning English language as she have never learn English before so struggling with it, still in level 1 of ESL class but her time here is more than what is required for citizenship. And I think without the required English literacy level she can't apply, as later on there is a test right so she wont be able to do it.
- Is there anyway she can apply with children and give a note regarding she's trying to learn English since 2013 but couldn't progress.

Last edited:

rea11

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
In Q14 a) Tell us about passport covering your eligibility period.

In my eligibility period I had two Indian passports. Old one was before marriage that got cancelled after name change and new passport was issued. For my old passport when I mention expiry date as June 2019 for new passport expiry date Aug 2023. After looking at table of expiry dates, it gave me an impression as if I'm carrying two passport as both of them are showing date that is yet to be expired. How to handle this situation?

Also for old passport the expiry date would be the date it got cancelled or the expiry date that is mentioned when passport was issued. I'm very confused about the old passport expiry date.

rea11

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
or the date of issue of new passport becomes the expiry date for the old one. I'm not sure...please help

Karachi1

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
when in application asking about passport dates, they say there should not be a gap but the case is old passport from Pakistan expires in Nov 2012 and the new was issued in April 2013 so there is a gap, at that time I was staying in Pakistan and didn't need the passport for any travelling so may be that's why went a little late for renewing passport. Should I give the reason for the gap if yes, what should I say in there ? or is it normal so I should just put in the dates of passports that's it?

globalpandit

Nov 15, 2017
Hi - I applied today. Please add to the spreadsheet. Please post the link of the sheet.

App type: Single
File sent: Nov 15th
Physical presense: 1229 days
Place: Brampton, ON
Citizenship: Indian

Thanks

Karachi1

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
In presence calculator if I file in this Nov it says I should provide absences from Nov 2012 till the filing date. But at that time, I left Canada in Aug 2012 so should I put Aug 2012 in the calculator and go back a little according to my ticket date of departure from Canada in 2012, would that be correct?
or I should start from Nov 2012 according to the calculator and not worry about the departure date ?

HeroMember

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
In presence calculator if I file in this Nov it says I should provide absences from Nov 2012 till the filing date. But at that time, I left Canada in Aug 2012 so should I put Aug 2012 in the calculator and go back a little according to my ticket date of departure from Canada in 2012, would that be correct?
or I should start from Nov 2012 according to the calculator and not worry about the departure date ?
I think the calculator won't allow you to go back to Aug 2012 date.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
-3 adult siblings are also applying with 2 minors. would that be okay like in one package or they should apply separately?
-Parents won't be applying because father's days are not yet completed for citizenship and mother is a 45 years old, home maker and learning English language as she have never learn English before so struggling with it, still in level 1 of ESL class but her time here is more than what is required for citizenship. And I think without the required English literacy level she can't apply, as later on there is a test right so she wont be able to do it.
- Is there anyway she can apply with children and give a note regarding she's trying to learn English since 2013 but couldn't progress.
One of the parent should apply for 2 minors so both applications can go together without any issue. If one of the parent is alsy paying fee for 3 adults then all applications go together with on fee payment receipt. A short explanation letter might also help in favour of all application together.

I won't suggest to apply for mother unless she has a proof of English language. Please go through the following to see if she falls in one of the category for language skills:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/language.asp

If she falls then apply otherwise I suggest to wait.

I hope this will help.