In process feb5
Fingerprints request Feb28
Fingerprints taken mar8
Test invitation may29
Test taken Jun 27

Thanks,

shafu

Nov 22, 2013
I went through FP. I am not a pandit of the process, but here is my 2 cents. FP request is pretty common these days - considering the number of applications CIC is getting. One of the common causes could be a very common name - my name is very common in my community from india. So the FP is just to distinguish one from the other and make sure you dont have any arrests or warrants against you. Nothing to worry about.

You may call the call center, they may not have more information than what you just posted.

Timeline - it adds 3-4 weeks to the timeline usually. hence not a big deal considering the overall 12 month timeperiod.

There are quite a few people in this forum who did not receive FP or any communication after the file went to IN PROCESS. FP request is better than that scenario.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot. Kan_Sri

I do hope its the way you explained it. Lets see what July brings in :)

Thanks a lot for your kind reply.

Reactions: Kan_Sri

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @wolfpack27616 . the lone wolf dies but the pack survives....

Secondary office is St Clair for my application too. I am a ottawa resident. I got FP from St Clair office. My guess is - Criminality and other clearances process starts at St Clair office and then the file is transferred to the geographical location.

As of what i see from the statement above - you have nothing to worry. I am not entirely sure about RQ process. All this is my opinion, please dont bring your pack and hunt me down.... :p
Nah Bud- We are all a part of the same pack!

Thanks for sharing your experience, and I will have a beer this weekend to celebrate your success!

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Congrats @Kan_Sri

I have a question for you guys. I had applied for GCMS 30 days back, and received it today.

The GCMS notes indicates that Criminality is passed, whereas Knowledge,Residence, Language and Prohibition has not started.

The other 2 things worth noting are 1. Paper File Office: Mississauga IRCC

and 2. My secondary office has been assigned as St.Clair.

Anybody else ordered GCMS notes and been assigned St.Clair as secondary office here?
I am worried if this could potentially mean RQ?
No worries, I had Scarborough center allotted and came to know about it through GCMS as soon as my application went In Process. Even my assigned secondary center is St. Clair. That's in case if they don't finish your application in stipulated 12 months. St. Clair center is only doing refugees nowdays. Mississauga has woken up, so do not worry, you will get next steps soon. The RQ will be decided during your interview if you have red flags or even before if you have a common name and criminality check comes out to be " we are confused" and that's when they ask for finger prints to run yours against the database.

Reactions: wolfpack27616

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
I went through FP. I am not a pandit of the process, but here is my 2 cents. FP request is pretty common these days - considering the number of applications CIC is getting. One of the common causes could be a very common name - my name is very common in my community from india. So the FP is just to distinguish one from the other and make sure you dont have any arrests or warrants against you. Nothing to worry about.

You may call the call center, they may not have more information than what you just posted.

Timeline - it adds 3-4 weeks to the timeline usually. hence not a big deal considering the overall 12 month timeperiod.

There are quite a few people in this forum who did not receive FP or any communication after the file went to IN PROCESS. FP request is better than that scenario.

Good luck!
You are a pandit and got it right on the target. I should have read your post before posting a reply. Yes, FP= common name with credit card fraud/terror activites/US database has you listed with finger prints etc.

dimasalang

Apr 28, 2018
Took my test on 26 June. I was last in, and first out (20/20). Took 15 minutes to finish the test (4 minutes to answer and review) and interview, waiting was the longest in-between the test and interview. They just asked me for my passports for the past 6 years, an Alberta ID and my PR card. She scanned through the stamps in my passport and verified with what I declared, engaged in small talk, then she asked me to sign 2 pieces of paper. I was told oath should be scheduled in 1-3 months.

I checked ECAS today and it says Decision Made, although when you click on it, it still has no new items added - last entry was the test invitation.

On why applicants from Red Deer and other smaller cities/towns get to have their ceremony after their test, I asked about it and was told that it was because there are no testing centers in the said smaller cities/towns. They ask the applicants to travel to a place where there is a testing center and do the oath ceremony in the afternoon, essentially making those who passed the test Canadians by the end of the day.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Took my test on 26 June. I was last in, and first out (20/20). Took 15 minutes to finish the test (4 minutes to answer and review) and interview, waiting was the longest in-between the test and interview. They just asked me for my passports for the past 6 years, an Alberta ID and my PR card. She scanned through the stamps in my passport and verified with what I declared, engaged in small talk, then she asked me to sign 2 pieces of paper. I was told oath should be scheduled in 1-3 months.

I checked ECAS today and it says Decision Made, although when you click on it, it still has no new items added - last entry was the test invitation.

On why applicants from Red Deer and other smaller cities/towns get to have their ceremony after their test, I asked about it and was told that it was because there are no testing centers in the said smaller cities/towns. They ask the applicants to travel to a place where there is a testing center and do the oath ceremony in the afternoon, essentially making those who passed the test Canadians by the end of the day.
Well done and thanks for sharing your experience. Congratulations.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No worries, I had Scarborough center allotted and came to know about it through GCMS as soon as my application went In Process. Even my assigned secondary center is St. Clair.
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. Your post and @Kan_Sri 's post has really helped put my mind at ease.

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013

Congrats, updated the sheet

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
You are a pandit and got it right on the target. I should have read your post before posting a reply. Yes, FP= common name with credit card fraud/terror activites/US database has you listed with finger prints etc.

OMG!!
this made me smile.