+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

mh.sk

Jan 29, 2018
Hi Everyone, I received test invite email yesterday. I just want to make sure that i am not missing anything. So there were two attachements in the email: First carrying information about test date, location etc followed by "Probations under the citizenship act form". Second attachment called "Important Notice" Your passports and travel documents saying bring all previous passports with their biogrphic page photocopies followed by " Information on accompanying persons and Interpreters". So just want to make sure everyone gets the same kind of email, so i am not missing anything. Thanks in advance

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi Everyone, I received test invite email yesterday. I just want to make sure that i am not missing anything. So there were two attachements in the email: First carrying information about test date, location etc followed by "Probations under the citizenship act form". Second attachment called "Important Notice" Your passports and travel documents saying bring all previous passports with their biogrphic page photocopies followed by " Information on accompanying persons and Interpreters". So just want to make sure everyone gets the same kind of email, so i am not missing anything. Thanks in advance
Take your ORIGINAL CoPR document as well. That is now an updated requirement.

bouncer

Mar 17, 2014
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpc Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 14
Doc's Request.
9th Feb 14
AOR Received.
17 March 14
IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Finally received Invitation for citizenship for June 27th. Fingers crossed.

P.S Can someone please update the tracker. Appreciate it.

Reactions: thegentleman

bouncer

Mar 17, 2014
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpc Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 14
Doc's Request.
9th Feb 14
AOR Received.
17 March 14
IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015

luckysingh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Canada
Updated. Congrats!!
Thank you, everyone. This Forum is a great source and I have always referred this throughout my journey from my temp resident status and up until citizenship process along with all those errands which came in between. I wish everyone best of luck who are still waiting for their invites and to all who have recently applied for PR to Citizen. God Bless Everyone and especially admins who provide great support and actively checking this forum and help people in need.

Thanks Again.
L.S.

ed2017

Dec 21, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I want to know if someone have a similar situation that can help.

My father 63 years old, applied for citizenship in Dec 2017 and still waiting. We are preparing all the documents ahead of time so when he receives an invite he is ready but the problem is we can't find his previous passport, his current passport is here but the old expired passport is no where to be found, we are still searching in the house and hopefully we find it but is this going to be a problem for him if he goes to the interview with only the current passport? Please let me know if you experienced a similar situation.

Thank you all

beni

Dec 8, 2009
Guys - I have test and interview scheduled on June 20, i have all original documents but my wife lost her original work permit, she does have her vistir record but we are not able find her work permit. We did sent copy of her work permit when we sent our citizenship application. Can you please let me know what are our options when the interviewer will ask us original work permit?

Do they ask for old work permits ???? please help
You don't need any of your old study or work permits! Here is the list of what you have to bring for the interview:

- 2 pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it;

(e.g. driver's license, health card, Permanent Resident Card, etc.)

- all your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form);

- Permanent Resident Card (if you have ever received one);

- all original passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired).

beni

Dec 8, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I want to know if someone have a similar situation that can help.

My father 63 years old, applied for citizenship in Dec 2017 and still waiting. We are preparing all the documents ahead of time so when he receives an invite he is ready but the problem is we can't find his previous passport, his current passport is here but the old expired passport is no where to be found, we are still searching in the house and hopefully we find it but is this going to be a problem for him if he goes to the interview with only the current passport? Please let me know if you experienced a similar situation.

Thank you all
If 5-year prior to the date of his application extends to the old passport, then you should have it in the interview. They need it to double check the stamps to verify the time spent in Canada after PR.

My old passport had only 6 months overlap with my 5-year, and the officer went through every page of it.