06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Hello!

Adding my timeline to the forum. Been lurking for a long time.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canadaon January 17, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 28, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 18, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 10, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
DM was May 11th. Office is Scarborough.
Are you an existing dual citizen by chance?

Reactions: DGT

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13

shengyenho

Sep 16, 2013
Do they take your pr card after the interview?

Can you remember the documents you took along for your interview? Please tell me
Hi ibry,

No need to be worried, the test invitation will tell you what to bring with you.
Basic idea is that those photocopies you attached in the initial application you will need original to present to the officer during the interview.
Only one thing you need to take extra care, your COPR.
COPR is required for the interview, but NOT required in the initial application.

One thing I would go the extra mile is that If you traveled a lot in the eligibility period and there is not so much entry stamps to countries you traveled to on your passport(s), I would recommended bringing your own proof of travel history. e.g, entry record of the country you went the most.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LOL I don't know what's important that's why I brought them all. Test was so easy you might get 15/20 even without reading the book. One pro tip: If you're bilingual, ask for French service and you'll get outta there a lot faster!
Wow. Thanks for the tips

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hi ibry,

No need to be worried, the test invitation will tell you what to bring with you.
Basic idea is that those photocopies you attached in the initial application you will need original to present to the officer during the interview.
Only one thing you need to take extra care, your COPR.
COPR is required for the interview, but NOT required in the initial application.

One thing I would go the extra mile is that If you traveled a lot in the eligibility period and there is not so much entry stamps to countries you traveled to on your passport(s), I would recommended bringing your own proof of travel history. e.g, entry record of the country you went the most.
Thank you so much

mrfall

Jul 20, 2015
Asking about Security Clearance. The officer said everything is fine but they wait my security clearance.
Is security clearance take long time ?

run-Man

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
Help in appreciated!!
My ECAS states that i was sent an email (May 22nd) regarding test invitation. But I didn't receive any mail. Not even in SPAM folder.
I was under the impression that we receive e-mail first and then ECAS is updated.

Any experience of this sort??

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!

Adding my timeline to the forum. Been lurking for a long time.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canadaon January 17, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 28, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 18, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 10, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
DM was May 11th. Office is Scarborough.
Added you to November sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature.

ravi_saff

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
- Called CIC today to find out the update. They said the background check has been completed but no update after that.
- I live in Fort Mcmurray so I may have to go to edmonton for test.

Does anyone know how long does it take after they're done with the background check?

ravi_saff

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
Help in appreciated!!
My ECAS states that i was sent an email (May 22nd) regarding test invitation. But I didn't receive any mail. Not even in SPAM folder.
I was under the impression that we receive e-mail first and then ECAS is updated.

Any experience of this sort??
Call CIC and explain your situation as I just talked to them and the lady said they can put note on your accounts in this case.

Reactions: run-Man