Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hello everyone!
I just discovered this forum and I'm very happy to join this group.
I received a test/ID verification date for my mom on 04/23 and she is over 55 at the time of application, she doesn't need a knowledge/language test.
Please add me to the spreadsheet if this is not too late.

Do we have any ideas for the wait time for Oath once she pass the ID verification?

Citizenship Application - Richmond Hill, ON
Sent:
Nov 06, 2017
Arrived: Nov 09, 2017
AOR: Dec 18, 2017
IP: Jan 11, 2018
Test/ID Invite: Apr 23 2018
Test/ID Date: May 10, 2018 at Scarborough CIC office
DM:
Oath Letter:
Oath Ceremony:
Added you to our tracker. good luck!

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Hello everybody,

I am very happy to see that some members are getting invited to take the citizenship test and some others are waiting to get the Oath Invite. Congratulations to all.

Also, could someone update the spreadsheet with the following:

Application Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1557
In Process: It's actually Feb 19th, 2018 (I thought it was on Feb 12th for some reason). I apologize for providing misleading information.

Thank you and stay positive :).

Reactions: Quiches

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody,

I am very happy to see that some members are getting invited to take the citizenship test and some others are waiting to get the Oath Invite. Congratulations to all.

Also, could someone update the spreadsheet with the following:

Application Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1557
In Process: It's actually Feb 19th, 2018 (I thought it was on Feb 12th for some reason). I apologize for providing misleading information.

Thank you and stay positive :).
Updated. Thanks

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
test/ID verification date for my mom on 04/23 and she is over 55 at the time of application, she doesn't need a knowledge/language test.
Hello everyone!
I just discovered this forum and I'm very happy to join this group.
I received a test/ID verification date for my mom on 04/23 and she is over 55 at the time of application, she doesn't need a knowledge/language test.

Do we have any ideas for the wait time for Oath once she pass the ID verification?

Citizenship Application - Richmond Hill, ON
Sent:
Nov 06, 2017
Arrived: Nov 09, 2017
AOR: Dec 18, 2017
IP: Jan 11, 2018
Test/ID Invite: Apr 23 2018
Test/ID Date: May 10, 2018 at Scarborough CIC office
DM:
Oath Letter:
Oath Ceremony:

It is nice to see someone with similar timeline, especially, I am still waiting for the test invites for my mom and dad. :)
Hopefully its arriving soon. :)

solong

Jun 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2013
AOR Received.
09-12-2013
Med's Done....
Upfront 12-06-2014 (results uploaded)
Passport Req..
CPR 08-07-2014
LANDED..........
13-07-2014
Kindly update:
Status changed to Decision Made on April 19. (Nov, line 70)
ECAS status was changed before noon, for both me and my spouse (I was checking constantly :) )
Now waiting for the Oath invite letter.
Based on the spreadsheet, either we are lucky with quick Nov processing, or it will take MUCH longer as for some Oct Ottawa applicants.
Thanks!

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kindly update:
Status changed to Decision Made on April 19. (Nov, line 70)
ECAS status was changed before noon, for both me and my spouse (I was checking constantly :) )
Now waiting for the Oath invite letter.
Based on the spreadsheet, either we are lucky with quick Nov processing, or it will take MUCH longer as for some Oct Ottawa applicants.
Thanks!
Updated

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
At least she told you that you are in the security check phase...I wasn't told anything other than everything is fine and it's been two weeks now and still waiting the DM. Anyways, nothing we can do other than waiting I guess.
I was not happy when she said that but at least I know the reason now if I need to wait for the DM.

Reactions: Kamal.Aly

adi2999

Dec 2, 2017
As noted in my previous post . . .

THIS BRINGS ME TO AN IMPORTANT CAVEAT AND AN EVEN MORE IMPORTANT CAUTION:

The caveat: No one wants to get bogged down in a full blown "presence-case." There are some situations, fairly rare situations, in which an applicant may want to stick it out, but generally even if the applicant has a fair chance of ultimately persuading a CJ to find the facts in his or her favour and get a grant of citizenship, at least as often as not it would be prudent, and probably faster, to withdraw and re-apply (this depends, of course, on the applicant not only continuing to be qualified but the intervening time helping to make the case stronger). Just getting RQ does NOT mean it is a full blown "presence-case." Most applicants issued RQ, qualified applicants, can and should simply make an appropriately responsive submission including relevant documents supporting their case and wait to see how it goes. Many do not take terribly much longer. But most applicants know what their situation is and whether there are likely to be contested issues, whether their current application has real problems, and thus most should be able to make a reasonable decision about whether to stick it out or not. In particular, most applicants should be able to objectively assess their situation and apprehend whether or not it would be prudent to withdraw and re-apply or to at least go through the RQ process to the next step before making such a decision. That noted, the applicant should, probably, either respond to the RQ or include, with the request to withdraw, an explanation why, to in effect communicate a mistake was made . . . which brings up the more serious side of this, a caution . . .

THE CAUTION: Potential Allegation of Misrepresentation

This is the more important aspect to consider for an applicant who has submitted a presence calculation which IRCC identifies as not only containing inaccuracies or omissions, but which involves the difference between claiming to meet the presence requirement and upon correction falling way short of the minimum requirement.

I cannot guess whether the trucker-applicant here has reason to be concerned about this. So far as anecdotal reporting and even the Federal Court decisions go, it appears that IRCC is generally NOT particularly strict let alone aggressive in making allegations of presence-fraud based on discrepancies between an applicant's original presence calculation and a corrected calculation. In particular, it appears that IRCC will not pursue a formal allegation of misrepresentation unless IRCC perceives the applicant has deliberately engaged in overt deception.

BUT the vast majority of reports relative to this have involved discrepancies in the range of weeks or a few months. A difference of more than six months (going from claiming 1096 days to only 900 days, more than 190 days fewer, for example) probably elevates the risks at least some.

I cannot guess how much risk there is for an applicant whose actual presence is six months or more less than that claimed in the application. I can forecast that there are various factors which can affect the risks, some increasing the risk substantially, some tending to reduce or mitigate the risks. Obviously, factors tending to indicate deliberate omissions will have a more negative influence. Factors tending to illustrate an innocent misunderstanding should favour the applicant.

BUT the risk is enough that an applicant faced with a large difference between what was first declared, and what the facts are, should at least think about this and perhaps be sure to make it clear to IRCC that a MISTAKE was made, not a deliberate misrepresentation.

It is the potential consequence which elevates the importance of this. If IRCC denies the application for misrepresentation that results in a five year prohibition, meaning the individual would not be eligible to re-apply for citizenship for another full five years. Not a matter to trifle with.
I got my test today. 19/20. After test I was informed that I do not qualify and I have two options.
1. to withdraw my application because of my days ( 927),
2. To wait for a CJ hearing.
Why did they asked me to do the test ?

itslawson12

Feb 1, 2018
Hello Nov2017 and AJ_1337,
I'm in the same boat with you guys. My application was received on November 20, 2017 with 1098 days of presence. So far, no AOR.
I'm trying to do a little research here as to the possible reasons for that.
Please let me know if any of the following situations are applicable to your case:
1. Did you request any immigration records under ATIP within the last 2 years?
2. Did you request travel history under ATIP from the CBSA within the last 2 years?
3. Were you granted a PR-status under Protected Person/Convention Refugee category?
3a. If yes, have you traveled outside of Canada while in the status of Protected Person/Convention Refugee?
3b. If yes, were any of those trips to the country of your origin?

4. Have you ever encountered any errors or discrepancies in your immigration records (e.g, misspelled names, wrong date of birth, country of birth, etc.)
5. Did you request an urgent processing of your application for the grant of citizenship?
5a. If yes, was this request made at the time of application or after the application had been received?
6. Within the last 5 years, how many addresses have you resided at?
Hi @Gentle Iron, I’m just a little curious, have you finally received AOR?

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my test today. 19/20. After test I was informed that I do not qualify and I have two options.
1. to withdraw my application because of my days ( 927),
2. To wait for a CJ hearing.
Why did they asked me to do the test ?
It is a big discrepancy. Did you not know that you are short of 6 month almost?