+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
I called CIC this morning and the lady helped me to call customer service in Sydney to know why my application is delayed Cos I have bn in process since January they told her it was system error that my application is with local office and they will call me for test soon.. am glad to heard that anyways it’s in progress .

Reactions: dutts

smjafri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2008
I called CIC this morning and the lady helped me to call customer service in Sydney to know why my application is delayed Cos I have bn in process since January they told her it was system error that my application is with local office and they will call me for test soon.. am glad to heard that anyways it’s in progress .
Which number did you call? Thanks

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Is there a consistent way people receive test invites? Eg email, mail or checking eCas ?

sivabalan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2013
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
Just received test invite today. Test date 19Apr2018, IP 22Jan AoR 11Dec17 windsor ontario
Good to see some movement for Windsor applicants. I am from Windsor too. Mine change to IP on Jan 21st but no test invite yet.
By the way, the city against your userid is mentioned as "Montreal" is that correct on the sheet?

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Is there a consistent way people receive test invites? Eg email, mail or checking eCas ?
It depends on your processing office. But if you check all three possible ways, you'll be fine. :)

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
its good that CIC customer service agent has acted differently in your case. I have called CIC couple of times and every time I got the standard answer " We can't give an estimate on when you will get the test invite. As per CIC website, processing time is 12 months and the process will be finished in 12 months".

Reactions: venAAA

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
its good that CIC customer service agent has acted differently in your case. I have called CIC couple of times and every time I got the standard answer " We can't give an estimate on when you will get the test invite. As per CIC website, processing time is 12 months and the process will be finished in 12 months".
I was so surprised when the lady put me on a long hold about 15 mins after she came back, and told me this information then I know pple r working different ways

venAAA

Star Member
May 1, 2012
yes, I had exactly the same experience with them. "12 months have not passed yet, have a nice year, oops, I mean day" :)

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
yes, I had exactly the same experience with them. "12 months have not passed yet, have a nice year, oops, I mean day" :)
I guess the agents have very little or no info. about the applications once they reach the local CIC offices. Number of applications went up 5 times since 11th Oct. with no proportionate increase in staff count...result....overburdened and overworked CIC offices. Still, sometimes, if you are lucky, you get a chance to talk to such agents who goes above and beyond to help you in the best possible ways.

Reactions: Goodluck abi

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
I guess the agents have very little or no info. about the applications once they reach the local CIC offices. Number of applications went up 5 times since 11th Oct. with no proportionate increase in staff count...result....overburdened and overworked CIC offices. Still, sometimes, if you are lucky, you get a chance to talk to such agents who goes above and beyond to help you in the best possible ways.
U r very right..

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
So basically you still have to wait?

zungim

Jun 6, 2015
Good to see some movement for Windsor applicants. I am from Windsor too. Mine change to IP on Jan 21st but no test invite yet.
By the way, the city against your userid is mentioned as "Montreal" is that correct on the sheet?
Yes, I need to update this, I live in Windsor now, this concerns my wife’s application.