+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Sabderek

Jan 3, 2018
Added. IP just means that your application will be transferred to a local office close to your home address (I think Edmonton only has one). Your application will now start "real" processing, meaning background, criminality, and eligibility checks will now be done on your application.

Next step can be a fingerprint request (not everyone is asked to provide these), test/interview invite, then oath.

Hi guys, single application mailed
November 2, from Edmonton Alberta
Received November 6 2017
ROE received Dec 20th 2017
Application changed to in progress January 19th 2018.
I don't see my name on the spreadsheet please update.

davidbarrett1

Jan 3, 2018
Hi folks, just so I'm clear, how do you typically receive the AOR? I mailed my citizenship application in and beyond seeing that it was signed for upon receipt, it has been silent. Should I expect an e-mail or physical mail update? Thanks!

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi folks, just so I'm clear, how do you typically receive the AOR? I mailed my citizenship application in and beyond seeing that it was signed for upon receipt, it has been silent. Should I expect an e-mail or physical mail update? Thanks!
If you provided email adress on your application then you will receive email otherwise is regular mail. Check your spam folder it might be in there!

davidbarrett1

Jan 3, 2018
If you provided email adress on your application then you will receive email otherwise is regular mail. Check your spam folder it might be in there!
OK good to know, and thanks!

Alas, not there yet. I also checked online using my PR number/surname etc. but I don't think anything is in the system yet. Will just wait patiently :)

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi guys, single application mailed
November 2, from Edmonton Alberta
Received November 6 2017
ROE received Dec 20th 2017
Application changed to in progress January 19th 2018.
I don't see my name on the spreadsheet please update.
Hi, you're already there on the November tab, row 65

benjis_monikuss

Nov 21, 2013
In the forrests of BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney- Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
Doc's Request.
19-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-12-2013
File Transfer...
13-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
I have a question; so I was just looking at my passport (Australian) and the stamps that I have. We made a couple of trips to Cuba for vacation over the last couple of years. One of my Cuban stamps I just realized is in Spanish and says 'Ene' (short for Jan in Spanish). I already have my AOR and nothing was mentioned, do you think I'll have to have the stamp translated in some way? Or do I just wait to see if it even comes up prior to test, etc? I'm sure it's not a difficult process to undergo nor should it delay my application in any way, just curious if anyone else has non-English entry/exit stamps (different than a non-English foreign passport)?

Quiches

Star Member
Nov 26, 2017
I have a question; so I was just looking at my passport (Australian) and the stamps that I have. We made a couple of trips to Cuba for vacation over the last couple of years. One of my Cuban stamps I just realized is in Spanish and says 'Ene' (short for Jan in Spanish). I already have my AOR and nothing was mentioned, do you think I'll have to have the stamp translated in some way? Or do I just wait to see if it even comes up prior to test, etc? I'm sure it's not a difficult process to undergo nor should it delay my application in any way, just curious if anyone else has non-English entry/exit stamps (different than a non-English foreign passport)?
Hold on a second, are we supposed to put copies of every page of our passport into the application?

I put copies of every page and including translated stamps in my PR renewal application but the citizenship app list only says "biographical pages" (meaning the page with the photo and biographical information of the passport).

I only copied the biographical pages of my passport in the package (and not any that has entry/exit stamps) and received AOR. Not sure which one is correct here?