+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
I had gone through the very same like you. However I realised since I've been in Canada, there was no fingerprints or such physical trace for me. It's more of just confirming the identity. Don't stress. I got a bit worried too but should be ok[/QUOTE

I did the FP in Canada and sent it to other country for police certificate. It was pure ink and paper and no bio metric recordings. If being asked for FP, I have to do a new one I guess.

gpaul03

Jan 22, 2018
@canehh - oct 13th applicant received his AOR yesterday - Jan 21(100 days later). I understand your pain in wait. It is advisable to wait. we still have about 70 applicants in Oct awaiting AORs. It is trickling down...

Do a web form enquiry - sometimes it triggers to get a AOR back. Please include your record of delivery if you have one - if not it is ok. Request for info. Also, you can do a MP enquiry. Good luck with your application.
Thank you for your suggestion... I guess I will wait..

meayman

Sep 19, 2012
Hello..

Please add my timeline to the tracker.

App Sent - Oct 30, 2017
Received - Nov 2, 2017
Location - Mississauga
App type - Family
AOR - Jan 21, 2018.

Got the AOR yesterday after a long wait.. :)
Added you.
Can you please mention your physical presence days. Thanks!

shengyenho

Sep 16, 2013
If I do have to travel for emergency purpose, would I not be able to apply for a travel document? Just asking. So I can think from all angles.

That's for sure, you can apply for a PRTD when you are about to return to Canada. It usually takes about 1 week, but entirely up to the VAC that process your application. Basically you will have to have a flexible return schedule for this.
In my option, you should have applied PR card renew 9 months ago.

Reactions: Nick Manickam

Nick Manickam

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
That's for sure, you can apply for a PRTD when you are about to return to Canada. It usually takes about 1 week, but entirely up to the VAC that process your application. Basically you will have to have a flexible return schedule for this.
In my option, you should have applied PR card renew 9 months ago.
Honestly I didn't realise it until I read about it on this forum recently. Thank you.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
only 15% of the oct applicants have got test invites....so it is gonna be a while would be my guess..
+1

Have we taken into account attrition rates. Many people just vanish or become passive viewers at later stages of their application. But nonetheless, gives a decent snapshot of the working. Majority of the people who applied don't come to this forum, so I think no precise way of estimating exact workload. Wait, watch and be patient is the strategy I am currently employing. Made it this far, couple of months more. Fingers crossed.
I totally agree with you that many members here don't keep updating their status for some reason. And totally understand that the members here are just a sample but a least reflect how work is being done these days and how long it takes. For me, as a Nov applicant who's status ( in process ) will be very lucky if I get the test invitation by end of Feb. Again, always expect the unexpected from CIC :).

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
If I do have to travel for emergency purpose, would I not be able to apply for a travel document? Just asking. So I can think from all angles.
As far my understanding goes, yes you can and it is done from the country that you are visiting at the nearest Canadian High Commission. The process and processing times may return may vary. Its $50 person to renew the card, so I would rather start the process now and if need be when you apply for an emergency travel document on your return, it looks legit and they process it faster as they can see that you had applied and you had to leave in emergency as they didn't send your renewed PR card in time. It's entirely your personal choice.

Reactions: The Arsenal

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
+1

I totally agree with you that many members here don't keep updating their status for some reason. And totally understand that the members here are just a sample but a least reflect how work is being done these days and how long it takes. For me, as a Nov applicant who's status ( in process ) will be very lucky if I get the test invitation by end of Feb. Again, always expect the unexpected from CIC :).
YYZ2017 said:
Have we taken into account attrition rates. Many people just vanish or become passive viewers at later stages of their application. But nonetheless, gives a decent snapshot of the working. Majority of the people who applied don't come to this forum, so I think no precise way of estimating exact workload. Wait, watch and be patient is the strategy I am currently employing. Made it this far, couple of months more. Fingers crossed.
historically going back few months you can see forum members have come back and reported on In process and test invites. "In process" reporting is greater than 90% and "test invite" reporting is closer to 90%. i do agree ppl fall off the forum regularly. But we can estimate with a fair certainty that they would report back. The resources and links in the forum are far too enticing to not visit at the test stage.

However, not all people are eager to know if the application went to in process or not - as it signifies nothing in their lives. Once when they get a test invite - they usually check and report back the dates to the forum.

Edit: Please note, @rajmalhotra7 is the statistics guru, the above is just my gibrish!

Reactions: YYZ2017

YYZ2017

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
It would be nice if someone answer this question, in my case I always check online status, this would be the fastest way to keep updated....I wish if someone share his exp. on how the test invitation letter sent
No one ca answer this question as I see that none of us has received an invitation on the november spreadsheet, unless some people are in personal touch with applicants from earlier months. In my personal experience, my friend didn't opt for email comminique and used to receive mails. As other members pointed out, he religiously checked his eCAS. He received an additional note in the month of Dec in eCAS that he has been sent a test invite along with the letter and document checklist. He has not received his letter till date, though he has already given his test. Based on eCAS, he called CIC and the agent sent him the letter through email a day earlier to his test date on request. So as other members stated, just keep checking your eCAS and be on a lookout for any additional messages and compare to what you have received in emails/mails and if needful, contact CIC for immediate help if things are due, though not unnecessarily.

Reactions: GingerKat