**NOVEMBER 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS**

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
TO WHOMEVER KEEPS CHANGING THE SPREADSHEETS TO ONLY SHOW NEW DELHI APPLICANTS: PLEASE STOP!
It's not just the November spreadsheet either. Maybe the NDVO applicants should make a spreadsheet just for themselves. I know I can just revert to an earlier version, but it's becoming a bit of a nuisance now.

SaskinSeoul

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 2017
LANDED..........
June 2017
U.S.Eh? said:
We mailed everything to Mississauga on Nov 4th and my sponsor was approved on Nov 21st. My apps were linked shortly afterwards and nothing has changed in my ECAS since then. My BGC was in progress as of mid-Jan on myCIC and then we were asked for additional proof on Feb 11th - which we provided same-day. Crickets since then.

I ordered my notes (should have them by the end of the month) and I emailed Ottowa because I have a ton of travel in and out of Canada coming up soon (we were hoping to have PR by now...) so I was asking for specific travel recommendations (which they advised on) and ensured that my app was still in Ottowa on the appropriate timeline...

So yea. That's where I'm at. Literally have stopped hoping for any news any time soon. And have started making plans for my summer being kind of janky Can't wait until this is all behind us.
Wow I got my wife's landing papers yesterday and I started after you. Sucks that your office is so slow.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
SaskinSeoul said:
Wow I got my wife's landing papers yesterday and I started after you. Sucks that your office is so slow.
Ottawa office isn't slow, that's the problem. Ottawa is generally the fastest VO.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
I got my PPR tonight!! Omg this is so close to being done! The only question I have is how to get a prepaid envelope (for someone living in the US). I've read quite a bit of posts that went back and forth on that, and all I remember is something about a waybill? Any help is much appreciated!! ;D ;D ;D

MCM122

Apr 6, 2017
Staunts2015 said:
I got my PPR tonight!! Omg this is so close to being done! The only question I have is how to get a prepaid envelope (for someone living in the US). I've read quite a bit of posts that went back and forth on that, and all I remember is something about a waybill? Any help is much appreciated!! ;D ;D ;D
Congratulations Staunts2015. I too received my PPR in the morning today and have the same question as you. what service from US and back is quickest?

Kotishii92

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
I hope no need
Passport Req..
Soon I hope
VISA ISSUED...
Soon I hope
LANDED..........
Summer 2017 let's leave it to this :)
amankamal said:
I am feb 2016 applicant done my medical in nov 2016 ,waiting for my ppr from last 4 months how much time ndvo gonna take .
This is a november applicants thread, you applied in february so you should join the february thread... Also there is a thread for the new delhi visa office...so search the threads that you need and you will find the answer there!

bluenkj

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/4/16
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11/22/16
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
12/9/16
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
10/2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15/3/17
VISA ISSUED...
23/03/2017
LANDED..........
8/4/2017
Staunts2015 said:
First off CONGRATS!!!!! Are you applying as an outland living in Canada or US? I was in the US when I sent my PPR back via Fedex using my own Fedex account. I created a return label and fedex to Ottawa. They received it the next day ( i did signed delivery which i recommend) and also made sure to have a tracker for the return. I received the COPR within a week of sending it out. I included a prepackaged envelope and mailed everything in a bigger envelope. I had no issues. Keep in mind my tracker did not go off till I got the package at my door. But it is definitely safe to say that as soon as CIC changes to approved/completed they have sent your COPR. Your local fedex office can provide the envelopes. I purchased everything and printed out all the waybills, went to take two new pictures and heading off to the fedex office. :) I have heard other people utilized UPS or DHL but i prefer Fedex. If your sending from inside Canada you would use xpresspost. I am not sure how that works but others have received their COPR within 3 days of mailing it out to Ottawa.

Good luck!

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
bluenkj said:
First off CONGRATS!!!!! Are you applying as an outland living in Canada or US? I was in the US when I sent my PPR back via Fedex using my own Fedex account. I created a return label and fedex to Ottawa. They received it the next day ( i did signed delivery which i recommend) and also made sure to have a tracker for the return. I received the COPR within a week of sending it out. I included a prepackaged envelope and mailed everything in a bigger envelope. I had no issues. Keep in mind my tracker did not go off till I got the package at my door. But it is definitely safe to say that as soon as CIC changes to approved/completed they have sent your COPR. Your local fedex office can provide the envelopes. I purchased everything and printed out all the waybills, went to take two new pictures and heading off to the fedex office. :) I have heard other people utilized UPS or DHL but i prefer Fedex. If your sending from inside Canada you would use xpresspost. I am not sure how that works but others have received their COPR within 3 days of mailing it out to Ottawa.

Good luck!
I'm applying outland, living in the US. So I can set up a Fedex account online and just create a shipping label? Is it just a regular envelope that you used as the return envelope? Is it easier to just go to a Fedex location, tell them what I'm trying to do, and let them do it all?

bluenkj

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/4/16
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11/22/16
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
12/9/16
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
10/2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15/3/17
VISA ISSUED...
23/03/2017
LANDED..........
8/4/2017
Staunts2015 said:
I'm applying outland, living in the US. So I can set up a Fedex account online and just create a shipping label? Is it just a regular envelope that you used as the return envelope? Is it easier to just go to a Fedex location, tell them what I'm trying to do, and let them do it all?
You could go directly to Fedex and have them create it but it might be easier as I was able to create my return label at the same time as my initial sending label. I went to a Fedex office to get the Fedex envelopes and they gave them to me on the spot no problems. Just go ahead an create a fedex account online if you do it as a guest account it will not allow you to create the return and you may have to do it twice.

Let me know how you ended up sending it.

81jim

Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
05-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-04-2017
Staunts2015 said:
If there's a FedEx location near you, I reckon it'd almost certainly be easier to explain what you're doing rather than trying to navigate their website. Plus you can print out the PPR email (which you need to send anyway, right?) and show them exactly what they're asking for.

For what it's worth, Ottawa seem to be processing these quickly - I got my PPR email last Wednesday evening, took photos, photocopied passport pages and sent everything off on the Thursday afternoon, they signed for it on the Friday morning, and they've sent the return envelope (though I'm in Canada, so using XpressPost) this afternoon, should get it by tomorrow. Might be a few days longer on yours between being international, and the Easter break, but they seem to be running quite smoothly. :)

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
bluenkj said:
You could go directly to Fedex and have them create it but it might be easier as I was able to create my return label at the same time as my initial sending label. I went to a Fedex office to get the Fedex envelopes and they gave them to me on the spot no problems. Just go ahead an create a fedex account online if you do it as a guest account it will not allow you to create the return and you may have to do it twice.

Let me know how you ended up sending it.
81jim said:
If there's a FedEx location near you, I reckon it'd almost certainly be easier to explain what you're doing rather than trying to navigate their website. Plus you can print out the PPR email (which you need to send anyway, right?) and show them exactly what they're asking for.

For what it's worth, Ottawa seem to be processing these quickly - I got my PPR email last Wednesday evening, took photos, photocopied passport pages and sent everything off on the Thursday afternoon, they signed for it on the Friday morning, and they've sent the return envelope (though I'm in Canada, so using XpressPost) this afternoon, should get it by tomorrow. Might be a few days longer on yours between being international, and the Easter break, but they seem to be running quite smoothly. :)
Thanks you two! I ended up going into a fedex office and telling them that I needed to send a few things to Ottawa, including a prepaid envelope. They told me to use a reusable envelope, and create a waybill with my credit card info. I didn't need to set up an account or anything. So IRCC will just reuse the envelope I sent everything in, and my card will get charged when it's returned I guess. It was about $45 (apparently the cheapest), but will arrive tomorrow. I also got a tracking number, which I'm happy about. I didn't have a tracking number when I sent in my application, and worried that it had gotten lost or something.

I didn't send the whole email, just copied/pasted the Annex A portion into Word. I didn't have to send the full email, did I? I really hope I get my COPR next week, to avoid the Easter break delays.

81jim

Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
05-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-04-2017
Staunts2015 said:
Thanks you two! I ended up going into a fedex office and telling them that I needed to send a few things to Ottawa, including a prepaid envelope. They told me to use a reusable envelope, and create a waybill with my credit card info. I didn't need to set up an account or anything. So IRCC will just reuse the envelope I sent everything in, and my card will get charged when it's returned I guess. It was about $45 (apparently the cheapest), but will arrive tomorrow. I also got a tracking number, which I'm happy about. I didn't have a tracking number when I sent in my application, and worried that it had gotten lost or something.

I didn't send the whole email, just copied/pasted the Annex A portion into Word. I didn't have to send the full email, did I? I really hope I get my COPR next week, to avoid the Easter break delays.
I sent the whole thing, just so it'd have my name, UCI and Application number there for them at the start, along with a quick letter thanking them for approving my application, but I'm quite sure that the part you have to fill in (Annex A - I don't know if it has such a formal name on the Australian form, but I assume this is the Passport Dispatch Instructions) would be sufficient, since it has the application number on it at the top anyway! Congrats, by the way, seems we're on very similar timelines.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Staunts2015 said:

I only sent the Annex A, you should be fine. :)

Kotishii92

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.