**NOVEMBER 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS**

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
I got DM this morning! I sent an email to the Ottawa VO yesterday afternoon (evening in Ottawa time), asking about my application process, and this morning I saw my ECAS changed to DM and I got the following email:

"Dear Madam,

Your application had been finalized. An officer will contact your shortly with further instructions.

Regards,

Kate
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca"

So it looks like it really has an effect if you inquire about your application. I hope I get my PPR along with everyone else this week :D Good luck to everyone!

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Staunts2015 said:
I got DM this morning! I sent an email to the Ottawa VO yesterday afternoon (evening in Ottawa time), asking about my application process, and this morning I saw my ECAS changed to DM and I got the following email:

"Dear Madam,

Your application had been finalized. An officer will contact your shortly with further instructions.

Regards,

Kate
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca"

So it looks like it really has an effect if you inquire about your application. I hope I get my PPR along with everyone else this week :D Good luck to everyone!
I doubt that's actually it. Several other November and December people have posted about getting DM today, and someone on the November spreadsheet got DM yesterday. Since you inquired, they were just informing you that the application was being finalized. It fits with the timeline of other approvals, and the timing fits with the way Ottawa has been doing DMs in January, February, and March. I'd guess when you check your notes down the line if you order them you'll find that the application was considered to be approved well before the last few days but was waiting until the time of the month until they start sending out DMs and finalizing things.

Congratulations!

moritz13

Feb 14, 2017
Staunts2015 said:
I got DM this morning! I sent an email to the Ottawa VO yesterday afternoon (evening in Ottawa time), asking about my application process, and this morning I saw my ECAS changed to DM and I got the following email...
Hey Staunts2015,

I'm a September applicant (Ottawa VO), and still don't have my DM.
Do you mind me asking what you wrote in your email?

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
Kotishii92 said:
Hey Marchina, yes I saw there is also the mail option but the problem is applying for them since we are both outside Canada.

But there are some websites that I think we will try to get it through them, like getgcms.

Thanks and regards!
Both my husband and I are out of Canada and I ordered them just fine through here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp They should arrive in a few weeks. I think the idea that the sponsor has to be in Canada comes from poor wording on the website.
I believe to order them to you have to be either:
- a Canadian citizen
- a Canadian Permanent Resident
- a person or company currently inside Canada
Not AND a person currently inside Canada. Sometimes the government website seems intentionally unclear!

Torsyd

Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
24-11-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Wow, so much progress! Congrats everyone! Hopefully our application moves to the next stage soon. We are thinking of contacting our MP.

Still haven't received notes even after 2 months! Anyone know how to follow up the nortes request?

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
Torsyd said:
Wow, so much progress! Congrats everyone! Hopefully our application moves to the next stage soon. We are thinking of contacting our MP.

Still haven't received notes even after 2 months! Anyone know how to follow up the nortes request?
Did you receive a tracking number when your ordered them? After 30 days you should be able to use the tracking number!

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
moritz13 said:
Hey Staunts2015,

I'm a September applicant (Ottawa VO), and still don't have my DM.
Do you mind me asking what you wrote in your email?
Sure! Here is what I wrote:

"Good Morning,

I am writing to you to inquire about my application for Permanent Residence, with the following information:

- Name: XXXX (Maiden: XXXX)
- Date of Birth: XXXX
- UCI Number: XXXX
- Category of Immigration: Family Class

I provided information regarding the sponsor's intent to resume residency by the COPR expiration, a few weeks ago, and have noticed that my background check went into process. However, I have not received any correspondence on my application since. I am wondering if a Passport Request was intended to be sent to me, and somehow hit a glitch in the system, as I have not yet received it. Could you please advise me on what I should do, if anything? I appreciate your help in this matter.

Respectfully,

XXXX"

I put "F######### - Application for Permanent Residence" in the Subject line, with the Application number. They ask for the other information (Name, DOB, UCI, Category) to be in the body of the email. You can just explain that your background check went in progress however many weeks/months ago, and you have not gotten an update since then. Good Luck!

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
15-01-2016,upfront, extended
Interview........
Waived, Decision Made - 24-03-2017
Passport Req..
No PPR, new identity photos requested on 28-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
Congratulations to everyone who received DMs today! :)

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
COOL_DUDE_CANADA said:
guys can some on help me they are asking for birth certificate, middle standard and High school certificate and VOTERS ID card.

• Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
o Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
o Voter's ID card.

In india they do not expand the INitial in school and birth certificate. is that an problem ?

please advise.. am stuck in here.
do we need to submit Voters Id card??

thanks
I am not sure about the answers to these questions. I suggest you go to one of the NDVO threads and ask others who are from India. Here are some links to a couple of them:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-ndvo-2016-spousal-sponsorship-outside-canada-t390498.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-ndvo-2017-spousal-sponsorship-outside-canada-t468810.0.html

Good luck! :)

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
katdanger said:
Both my husband and I are out of Canada and I ordered them just fine through here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp They should arrive in a few weeks. I think the idea that the sponsor has to be in Canada comes from poor wording on the website.
- a Canadian citizen
Not AND a person currently inside Canada. Sometimes the government website seems intentionally unclear!
Thanks for sharing this. It is good to know that they can be ordered when BOTH the sponsor and the PR applicant are outside of Canada. Many people seem to be confused about this here (myself included), so this is valuable information! :)

Kotishii92

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
I hope no need
Passport Req..
Soon I hope
VISA ISSUED...
Soon I hope
LANDED..........
Summer 2017 let's leave it to this :)
katdanger said:
- a Canadian citizen
Hey Kat!

Thank you for your information indeed their website confused me a bit so this is why I thought the sponsor had to actually be in Canada, but one question did you apply online for the notes?

Thank you and kind regards,

Kotishii92

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
I hope no need
Passport Req..
Soon I hope
VISA ISSUED...
Soon I hope
LANDED..........
Summer 2017 let's leave it to this :)
Torsyd said:

Wow, that is very weird and I am very sorry to hear you are going through a situation like this... And I can only imagine how frustrating it is to wait for the notes and not even get those I think that would make ne really sad and disappointed...

Good luck to you and indeed maybe you can arrange a meeting with your MP?

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
Kotishii92 said:
Hey Kat!

Thank you for your information indeed their website confused me a bit so this is why I thought the sponsor had to actually be in Canada, but one question did you apply online for the notes?

Thank you and kind regards,
Yes, I applied online.

reemfa

Dec 13, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
File Transfer...
And SA 25-11-2016 AOR2 : 12-12-2016
Anyone who applied to NDVO recieved an email regarding estimated processing time ? Some October applicants have recieved such emails.

venk

Sep 29, 2015
I am November applicant. I didn't receive any estimation email from NDVO.

One thing I know one of my friends received September 7th AOR2 and his wife got the visa.

Wondering can I expect visa for my wife around May 2017. :'(