+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**NOVEMBER 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS**

y2knp

Jan 9, 2017
I have submitted my application in Nov and the process has not change since end of Dec. I want to request notes from the CIC or VO. Anyone knows how to request notes?

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
y2knp said:
I have submitted my application in Nov and the process has not change since end of Dec. I want to request notes from the CIC or VO. Anyone knows how to request notes?
For some VOs this is normal. Our's hasn't changes since the beginning of December and we don't expect it to for a few more months. If it doesn't change for us when we expect we'll request the notes.

What's your visa office? When did you get SA? I couldn't find you on the spreadsheet.

:) K

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
prvc said:
Start here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
did you receive your notes?

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
prvc said:
Hi. :D Not yet.. 3 more weeks, I guess. :) We ordered them on the 31st of January.. :)
ok, keep me posted. I am VERY curious...I was able to link my ECAS to GCKEY and it shows they didnt review the documents as yet. So, I am planning to order the notes after I see document reviewed or something along that line. I sent them two emails already and they said it is still in the queue for initial screening.

Kitoko90

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront- passed
Med's Done....
4-11-2016
Passport Req..
3-13-2017
VISA ISSUED...
BY Faith
LANDED..........
BY Faith April 2017
SaskinSeoul said:
My status hasn't moved much in about a month, the background check is in process. My eligibility review passed in just over a month. It's so frustrating to be stuck in limbo at least I have a visa that allows me to live with my wife.
At least you're in background check, which is good news at least your VO is working.

I want to apply for visitor visa for my husband, but the approval rate for my country is almost like 0.000000001548 percent. which is really discouraging.

Kitoko90

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront- passed
Med's Done....
4-11-2016
Passport Req..
3-13-2017
VISA ISSUED...
BY Faith
LANDED..........
BY Faith April 2017
prvc said:
I'd like to email them actually about any update, is it a good idea? Past trend (Manila VO) reveals that straightforward apps are processed after 3 months only.. I wonder what's taking them so long now.. It's been very quiet since they announced about finishing the backlogs..
IMO, i'd wait until you get the notes before emailing them.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
prvc said:
I'd like to email them actually about any update, is it a good idea? Past trend (Manila VO) reveals for straightforward apps are processed after 3 months only.. I wonder what's taking them so long now.. It's been very quiet since they announced about finishing the backlogs..
Yes! I would send a nice e-mail to them asking them if they can advise you on the current status...That's exactly what I did and they were nice enough to replied the first time to say "your husband file is at it's initial stage and we will send the next steps soon".

My second e-mail they replied saying, "it is in the queue of initial screening and they will send the next step soon"

I think if you're feeling anxious any response at all will make you feel a little at ease. So, I suggest you send time a nice and pleasant e-mail asking for an update. :)

Kitoko90

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront- passed
Med's Done....
4-11-2016
Passport Req..
3-13-2017
VISA ISSUED...
BY Faith
LANDED..........
BY Faith April 2017
prvc said:
What's the usual trend in Dakar? How fast do they process apps? This waiting game is tormenting, tbh.
its seems like they process the apps within 4-6 months. than after PPR they keep the passports for another 2-3 months.

not sure what the purpose is to hold the passport hostage for 3 months lol

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
prvc said:
Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I'll wait 3 more weeks before I send them an inquiry. But I'll start crafting the most pleasant email one could ever read. Lol. And who knows, maybe I'll send it off right after I'm done with it. I just hope ours apps aren't sitting somewhere collecting dust..
I hope not...I don't think they get update if we send an e-mail now and then...I mean any normal person who have concerns and anxiety when it comes to know what the status is for their spouse paper work. I been in a long distance relationship for 8 years and travelling back and forth is not cheap and easy. we only received got married and started the process...so sending a nice pleasant e-mail i dont see any reasons for an officer getting annoyed. We are all human and have feelings and we also like to be informed because not being informed can cause a lot of stress, anxiety and depression... trust me.

Kitoko90

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront- passed
Med's Done....
4-11-2016
Passport Req..
3-13-2017
VISA ISSUED...
BY Faith
LANDED..........
BY Faith April 2017
prvc said:
I know what you feel. We've been in a long distance relationship for 5 years now. :/ I was just lucky enough that my hubby visited me for a month last January. This is crazy. I hope they know what we are going through. But you know, as the song says, Love alone is worth the fight. So, we keep fighting.. We keep waiting. Lol. Just trying to humor myself now because this is driving me insane.. Lol

Craftin' the message at the moment.. Haha.
PRVC,

if it's okay with you, mind posting/ inboxing the email you're going to compose. I may send an email beginning of March.
If i can have an example, i'd be greatly appreciated.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
prvc said:
I know what you feel. We've been in a long distance relationship for 5 years now. :/ I was just lucky enough that my hubby visited me for a month last January. This is crazy. I hope they know what we are going through. But you know, as the song says, Love alone is worth the fight. So, we keep fighting.. We keep waiting. Lol. Just trying to humor myself now because this is driving me insane.. Lol

Thanks! Goodluck...Let me know what they say in their response. I will be travelling in March...Wish his papers would come before then and I dont have to go...

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
prvc said:

Now imagine a kid in the picture. Very soon the child will start forgetting what the dad looks like. Skype and face time do their best but there is nothing like being there physically. I plan to travel April and work said they can only give me two weeks, can you imagine? Not for a travel half way around the world and back (will spend a week traveling and recovery from jetlag).

I simply told them I would resign cos family comes first before any work. I can get another job but family is for life.

So I am confirmed to travel April, pray we get approval by then cos it will be really nice to return to Canada with my family. Lol

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
xls said:
Now imagine a kid in the picture. Very soon the child will start forgetting what the dad looks like. Skype and face time do their best but there is nothing like being there physically. I plan to travel April and work said they can only give me two weeks, can you imagine? Not for a travel half way around the world and back (will spend a week traveling and recovery from jetlag).

I simply told them I would resign cos family comes first before any work. I can get another job but family is for life.

So I am confirmed to travel April, pray we get approval by then cos it will be really nice to return to Canada with my family. Lol
All the best!

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Does anyone know when it says Date Read in the GCkey what that means... it shows me "date read February 8, 2017 10:15:42* EST".