Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
Screenager said:
We didnt mention a specific date for the sponsor to go back to Canada but said " as soon as applicant's PR application is approved, 3rd or 4th quarter of 2017 or early 2018" will we get a similar email and instruction from CIC for the sponsor to be resident of Canada at the time applicant's COPR is issued? Or as a precondition to applicant COPR being issued.

Sponsor is a canadian citizen living abroad with applicant.
I think the reason I was contacted was because the date I put conflicted with my COPR expiration. My COPR expires November 25th, and the date I had put was December 1st, so they wanted to make sure I knew that and the sponsor would resume residency by that expiration date.

In your case, it depends on when your COPR expires. When did you have your medical exam done? A year from then will be your COPR expiration date. If that's after early 2018, then you should be good to go. However, "early 2018" is kind of vague. I'm not sure if the new kit is different, in that it doesn't require a specific date, but I know in the old application, it required a date. I think if anything, you'll get an email asking you to confirm your sponsor will resume residency before the expiration of your COPR.

Blueberry_24

Feb 8, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
8/11/2016
Doc's Request.
26 September 2016 (Valid till 30 September 2017)
AOR Received.
25/11/2016
File Transfer...
7/12/2016 (NDVO mail 12-12-16)
Med's Request
Verification call from NDVO on 11May 2017
Med's Done....
Medical updated on ECAS 12 May 2017
Interview........
Not interested
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
Applied in Nov 2016. Till now all we got is a mail from Delhi CIC office stating our file number (UCI and application number) in Dec 2016.

No updates on anything else. We have paid all the fees including the Landing Fee upfront. In the CIC website, the application status shows "In Process". We have all our 20 fingers crossed.. Hoping to hear back from them coz I'm expecting n would like my husband to join me n witness the birth of our first child. :) CIC plz unite us Asap for the sake of our unborn baby.

Kitoko90

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront- passed
Med's Done....
4-11-2016
Passport Req..
3-13-2017
VISA ISSUED...
BY Faith
LANDED..........
BY Faith April 2017
Someone virtually pinch me!!!.... my husband got his passport request.... Like OMG!!!!

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
zayceva said:
We got a PPR request !!!!!!
Congratulations!
What's your VO and timeline? I couldn't find you on the November spreadsheet.
Do you know when you plan on landing?

Kitoko90

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront- passed
Med's Done....
4-11-2016
Passport Req..
3-13-2017
VISA ISSUED...
BY Faith
LANDED..........
BY Faith April 2017
prvc said:
Wow!!!! Congratulations!!! :)
Thank you PRVC!

CIC and ECAS haven't updated yet, not going to worry about that
I guess it'f safe to conclude the "Not applicable" on my background check means it's been completed.

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Staunts2015 said:
I think the reason I was contacted was because the date I put conflicted with my COPR expiration. My COPR expires November 25th, and the date I had put was December 1st, so they wanted to make sure I knew that and the sponsor would resume residency by that expiration date.

In your case, it depends on when your COPR expires. When did you have your medical exam done? A year from then will be your COPR expiration date. If that's after early 2018, then you should be good to go. However, "early 2018" is kind of vague. I'm not sure if the new kit is different, in that it doesn't require a specific date, but I know in the old application, it required a date. I think if anything, you'll get an email asking you to confirm your sponsor will resume residency before the expiration of your COPR.
Thanks for your response. Yes we used the new application. It too requires a date but we have no way of knowing when the applicant will be approved for PR and our going to Canada as a family is dependant on this date. Therefore, we said "as soon as PR is approved and further elaborated the approx time range. We sent the app this month only and are yet to receive a request for medical.

ardie514

Sep 13, 2016
Emily12 said:
Hey again, I was just checking for my partner, and as an Aus Citizen you only require an ETA to enter Canada therefore you can email a photocopy of the passport to the SYD VO.
:)
Yes I really should have read through all the details on the letter and clicked through to the list of visa-exempt nationals :) We were in the midst of moving and I was so excited we got our visa approved! I printed out the letter today, and kids and I got our photos taken, and I'm wondering do I need to send photocopy of both U.S. and Australian passports? And which one do I use for the info on the Passport Dispatch Instructions? I don't know if they've processed us as U.S. citizens or Australian. Also, any ideas how long it takes to receive the PR document?

Is it weird that when I check CIC online services it shows Decision Made, but when I click on it the fourth line has been recently added and says this:
4. We sent you correspondence on February 16, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

This was a request for more information re: sponsor's intent to return to Canada. I sent back a bunch of documentation showing his employment offer, contract, contact with realtor, etc. Since I received a letter requesting my passport I'm assuming all is well and they did in fact receive that information.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
Screenager said:
Thanks for your response. Yes we used the new application. It too requires a date but we have no way of knowing when the applicant will be approved for PR and our going to Canada as a family is dependant on this date. Therefore, we said "as soon as PR is approved and further elaborated the approx time range. We sent the app this month only and are yet to receive a request for medical.
If you haven't done your medical yet, then your COPR won't expire until end of March, at the earliest, and I think that fits with what date range you put (3rd or 4th quarter of 2017, or early 2018), so you should be fine ;D

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Staunts2015 said:
If you haven't done your medical yet, then your COPR won't expire until end of March, at the earliest, and I think that fits with what date range you put (3rd or 4th quarter of 2017, or early 2018), so you should be fine ;D
Exactly ;D

mapleleaf27

Sep 11, 2016
New York, New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
23-2-2017
File Transfer...
28-11-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
15-3-2017
LANDED..........
someday soon!
On ECAS, it says Decision made, but when I click on that, it still says they are waiting for a response for additional information which we replied to about 4 days ago. Does this take a while to update? (we also received an email saying the application has been approved.)

On the My CIC website, it still says they are reviewing the application, and that they will inform us when a decision has been made. Does this also take a while to update?

We haven't had a PPR yet.
Anyone else who just got DM have a PPR yet?
Hope everyone is doing well.

8)

Kalex

Dec 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
12-12-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
28-11-2016
Med's Request
N/a
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Hope not.
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
zayceva said:
We got a PPR request !!!!!!
congrats. Hope we get one soon as well.

Kalex

Dec 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2016
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
12-12-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
28-11-2016
Med's Request
N/a
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Hope not.
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
bigfoot said:
my wife got her passport request from manila about an hour ago :D yay i'm so excited
does it mean their offices are open on sundays?