+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**NOVEMBER 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS**

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
I got a question. When my wife gets to canada, can she apply for a visit visa for her father to come and visit in canada?
If so how would she go about doing that?
Thanks.
Post this query in the Visitor forum, there are well experienced people out there, they will guide you as to how u should go about applying.

sidsyrus

Sep 4, 2012
New to the forum. Just got passport request thought to share the good news with you fellows.
AOR1 - 29th November
AOR2 - 19th December
PR - 15th May

Let me know if there is a google doc or something that I can add my timeline into, which might help other people like me.
Thank you all for being there. Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: carriedomitin

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
New to the forum. Just got passport request thought to share the good news with you fellows.
AOR1 - 29th November
AOR2 - 19th December
PR - 15th May

Let me know if there is a google doc or something that I can add my timeline into, which might help other peoples like me.
Hey!
Congratulations on the PPR! And thanks for sharing your info! What VO are you? The November spreadsheet link should appear under my posts!

FairyRaichu

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Welcome to us!! What is your timeline? Your VO?
This is all I have that the Ottawa visa office has updated on the website:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 4, 2016.
  2. We started processing your application on January 10, 2017.

However, I know they have done much more, such as receiving my medical. I have no idea why they aren't updating a thing. 4 months of not updating is a long time. This is the info for the online tool. I can't get GCKey to work. I have contacted customer service so I will see if they are helpful, but probably not. I'm thinking of ordering that 5 dollar thing to see how far they actually are, but I've heard even that takes a month to receive . it also feels as though I'm the only one with the Ottawa visa office. I haven't seen any threads for Ottawa

Reactions: carriedomitin

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
15-01-2016,upfront, extended
Interview........
Waived, Decision Made - 24-03-2017
Passport Req..
No PPR, new identity photos requested on 28-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
AOR1 - 29th November
AOR2 - 19th December
PR - 15th May

Let me know if there is a google doc or something that I can add my timeline into, which might help other people like me.
Congrats!! :)

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
This is all I have that the Ottawa visa office has updated on the website:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 4, 2016.
  2. We started processing your application on January 10, 2017.

However, I know they have done much more, such as receiving my medical. I have no idea why they aren't updating a thing. 4 months of not updating is a long time. This is the info for the online tool. I can't get GCKey to work. I have contacted customer service so I will see if they are helpful, but probably not. I'm thinking of ordering that 5 dollar thing to see how far they actually are, but I've heard even that takes a month to receive . it also feels as though I'm the only one with the Ottawa visa office. I haven't seen any threads for Ottawa
Ours still only says very little on the website (similar to yours) and we have received COPR already. They are famous for not updating ECAS or MyCIC correctly, so I would not take that as a concern. I know of others posting on this specific thread that have gone through Ottawa VO, so I am sure there are several other members here - though I am not sure why you cannot find a specific thread for it. I hope customer service is able to help you but I do recommend ordering your GCMS notes, as I have heard that often gets them to work on your case if they are not actively working on it. Ordering the notes will also give you a much better idea as to what is going on with your file. Order those ASAP, it will be a good decision for you for sure. I wish you all the best of luck, stay strong. :)

FairyRaichu

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Ours still only says very little on the website (similar to yours) and we have received COPR already. They are famous for not updating ECAS or MyCIC correctly, so I would not take that as a concern. I know of others posting on this specific thread that have gone through Ottawa VO, so I am sure there are several other members here - though I am not sure why you cannot find a specific thread for it. I hope customer service is able to help you but I do recommend ordering your GCMS notes, as I have heard that often gets them to work on your case if they are not actively working on it. Ordering the notes will also give you a much better idea as to what is going on with your file. Order those ASAP, it will be a good decision for you for sure. I wish you all the best of luck, stay strong. :)
I am deciding to order those notes tonight and am hoping to see more than just 2 updates. I am wondering why the Ottawa office is not as popular? What is COPR?

The thing I like about the Ottawa office though is if I have questions I email them directly and they respknd

Last edited:

reemfa

Dec 13, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
File Transfer...
And SA 25-11-2016 AOR2 : 12-12-2016
AOR1 - 29th November
AOR2 - 19th December
PR - 15th May

October applicant?

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
I am deciding to order those notes tonight and am hoping to see more than just 2 updates. I am wondering why the Ottawa office is not as popular? What is COPR?

The thing I like about the Ottawa office though is if I have questions I email them directly and they respknd
I am not sure why the Ottawa VO is not as popular, maybe due to the countries it deals with being easier to process, therefore there is not as many inquiries about it? Or not as many people from those countries wanting to come to Canada? That is just speculation though.

COPR stands for Confirmation of Permanent Residency. It's the piece of paper you receive after being accepted that you need to bring with you when you land in Canada once you've been approved as a PR. :)

Kotishii92

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
I hope no need
Passport Req..
Soon I hope
VISA ISSUED...
Soon I hope
LANDED..........
Summer 2017 let's leave it to this :)

I would definitely recommend that you order the notes... Yes it's a month of waiting but you get to know so many things! And also in many cases for some people it hurried the things up... So it's no pain in ordering them
As for the update on the app onlinewell I saw movement only after I ordered my notes... Before it was the same information I have seen since the first time I logged in... So, I know it may be hard but try not to worry to much about it!! Sometimes no news can also be good news! We have to be positive! In times like this it's the only thing that can get us going!
Good luck to you!!

FairyRaichu

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
I am not sure why the Ottawa VO is not as popular, maybe due to the countries it deals with being easier to process, therefore there is not as many inquiries about it? Or not as many people from those countries wanting to come to Canada? That is just speculation though.

COPR stands for Confirmation of Permanent Residency. It's the piece of paper you receive after being accepted that you need to bring with you when you land in Canada once you've been approved as a PR. :)
Well I'm from USA, wanting to stay in Toronto through spouse sponsorship, I just find it weird not many people are in my situation with that on the forum.

Oh nice, congrats!

carriedomitin

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hampton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-05-2017
Well I'm from USA, wanting to stay in Toronto through spouse sponsorship, I just find it weird not many people are in my situation with that on the forum.

Oh nice, congrats!
Thank you so much! :)

If you look back in this thread specifically, there are several others who are from the USA who applied in November 2016. There just doesn't seem to be a separate thread for the Ottawa VO.

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT: 09/30/16. Meds Passed: 12/06/16
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
My background check is still in process since February 22. I requested notes 20 days ago and I just received an email saying they can't process my request because they need consent for me to access the information on the notes. The problem is that I already sent them the consent form when I requested the notes. I'm very frustrated.