+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:
Just to update further on this -

Today - Called CIC call center to check status after test (on Feb 21st).
She said - only one item is pending before they send you invitation letter. This item is related to residency. They are confirming from their end and not requested so far anything from me.
eCAS still showing in progress.

Now I am thinking - one US entry stamp may delay whole process. They may send me CT form.
interesting.

i see many people worried about "stamps". Both my previous passport and my current one have no stamps whatsoever.
I've been out of the country more than a few times for vacations in a few european countries but since I have a european passport there is actually no border control within the european union. You go anywhere you like just flash your passport and let you in.

It's like going from toronto to montreal on a plane.

wondering whether CIC will ask me about it or find it weird. i guess not.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:
Just to update further on this -

Today - Called CIC call center to check status after test (on Feb 21st).
She said - only one item is pending before they send you invitation letter. This item is related to residency. They are confirming from their end and not requested so far anything from me.
eCAS still showing in progress.

Now I am thinking - one US entry stamp may delay whole process. They may send me CT form.
I hope you get invite and not the CIT :)

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
.Steve said:
I hope you get invite and not the CIT :)
Yeah. hoping so. Did you call to call center? IS your application non-routine now? If mine will be delayed - 1) i need to renew my PR (expiring in 5 months), 2. Renew my passport (expiring in 3 months)

One thing officer told during interview - You may not required to renew your passport/PR as we will send you invitation letter. :)

Steve - Did you also ask to sign on the form after interview?

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:
Yeah. hoping so. Did you call to call center? IS your application non-routine now? If mine will be delayed - 1) i need to renew my PR (expiring in 5 months), 2. Renew my passport (expiring in 3 months)

One thing officer told during interview - You may not required to renew your passport/PR as we will send you invitation letter. :)

I think once your status changes to 'Decision Made' you are good for the oath. I'm also from Winnipeg , I have ordered my US exit/entry records and Canadian Travel History to make sure everything is recorded properly. I have a missing stamp for US entry when I landed and went back to US as I had a valid I94 and returned back within 4 days and they didn't stamp on my passport. Hopefully they might have recorded my entry.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:

I did not call the call center as I knew I would get CIT

I was told not to worry and they see many cases with missing stamps and they request for supplementary evidence

I was given a form to sign before interview nothing after the interview

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
.Steve said:

I was told not to worry and they see many cases with missing stamps and they request for supplementary evidence

What evidence did you send with the CIT form to prove your entry exits ?

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user3000 said:
Does the FOIA records have your missing entry ??
I pulled the online I94 records and I don't see the entry recorded in it. Not sure why CIC is concerned about US entry ??

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
.Steve said:

Before interview - signed on test answer sheet.
after interview - she asked - whatever we have discussed - are you agree and asked to sign on form. she written some notes like one missing stamp. She did not handed any form that I need submit or asked more info. I am speculating too much here. lets wait and watch for next few days.
I suggest you call to call center and check where is application now since you have submitted all the info.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user3000 said:
I pulled the online I94 records and I don't see the entry recorded in it. Not sure why CIC is concerned about US entry ??
i also pulled i-94 and no entry - 2 reasons

1. I re-entered US before expiring on i94 (within 6 months)
2. Traveled by road

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:

2. Traveled by road
But I'm hoping they might have recorded the entry as they should have scanned my passport. I entered via bus ..

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:
Before interview - signed on test answer sheet.
after interview - she asked - whatever we have discussed - are you agree and asked to sign on form. she written some notes like one missing stamp. She did not handed any form that I need submit or asked more info. I am speculating too much here. lets wait and watch for next few days.
I suggest you call to call center and check where is application now since you have submitted all the info.
The signature on test answer sheet is for the knowledge test
When called for interview with CO they made me sign a form before the interview that was confirm all I have said is true
I was not given any form after the test but was told officer would request for more information
CIT0520 was sent in regular mail that arrived on 5th day after the test
I mailed the CIT0520 response on 15th and it was delivered on 16th Feb
Based on other CIT0520 cases it takes about 4 weeks to hear back after the receive the CIT

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:

2. Traveled by road
entries missing on the online I-94 show up on FOIA records

ewerima

Jan 9, 2012
Family Sponsor

Hi Guys.
My Uncle is a Canadian citizen and he is single for now. can he sponsor my brother and I at the same time?