+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tmota said:
Process completed for me, folks! ;D Canadian citizen as of yesterday!

The ceremony is quite simple, basically a speech, everybody takes the oath, they distribute the certificates, we sign that we took the certificate, we sing the hymn, then photos with the presiding official for those who want. In Montreal, as I suspect is with other large urban areas, there were a lot of new Canadians - 297 in the morning ceremony to be precise, as 3 people missed the call... So, before everything begins, they have to properly identify all these people, which took over an hour. The line for the photos after the ceremony was also long, most everybody wanted the memento. Together those two "non-ceremonial" parts take most of the time I spent in the place. Our presiding official was a nice retired journalist, recipient of the Order of Canada, who broke the solemness by cracking jokes now and then, in a light-mooded speech. Being in Montreal, everything was bilingual - maybe the ceremony is English-only in other provinces.

I've read in the forum about the importance of a buffer before applying, and several opinions on what is a good buffer. Well, my buffer was exactly two days - and only because I couldn't get the documents to the post office before. But I was 100% confident in my physical presence - I started filling my own version of the calculator with all my trips from the day I landed, for both my wife and myself. So I can say with confidence that a buffer is not as important as being sure of your physical presence and keeping record - don't trust passport stamps, as they are not always stamped. I had no trouble throughout the process and, as I received FP request, my process was non-routine. Yet, from mailing the documents to receiving the certificate everything took 101 days.

The feeling of seeing your name in the citizenship certificate is one of accomplishment, as I have been dreaming and working on my Canadian project for the last 20 years. I wish all you guys a process as swift and smooth as I had!
Congratulations tmota!!! I agre with the buffer too. I only had 7 days. I guess only do it when you are 100% sure of the dates!! :)

younes123

Nov 23, 2015
tmota said:
Process completed for me, folks! ;D Canadian citizen as of yesterday!

The ceremony is quite simple, basically a speech, everybody takes the oath, they distribute the certificates, we sign that we took the certificate, we sing the hymn, then photos with the presiding official for those who want. In Montreal, as I suspect is with other large urban areas, there were a lot of new Canadians - 297 in the morning ceremony to be precise, as 3 people missed the call... So, before everything begins, they have to properly identify all these people, which took over an hour. The line for the photos after the ceremony was also long, most everybody wanted the memento. Together those two "non-ceremonial" parts take most of the time I spent in the place. Our presiding official was a nice retired journalist, recipient of the Order of Canada, who broke the solemness by cracking jokes now and then, in a light-mooded speech. Being in Montreal, everything was bilingual - maybe the ceremony is English-only in other provinces.

I've read in the forum about the importance of a buffer before applying, and several opinions on what is a good buffer. Well, my buffer was exactly two days - and only because I couldn't get the documents to the post office before. But I was 100% confident in my physical presence - I started filling my own version of the calculator with all my trips from the day I landed, for both my wife and myself. So I can say with confidence that a buffer is not as important as being sure of your physical presence and keeping record - don't trust passport stamps, as they are not always stamped. I had no trouble throughout the process and, as I received FP request, my process was non-routine. Yet, from mailing the documents to receiving the certificate everything took 101 days.

The feeling of seeing your name in the citizenship certificate is one of accomplishment, as I have been dreaming and working on my Canadian project for the last 20 years. I wish all you guys a process as swift and smooth as I had!
Congrats. That's great achievement.
I had many many overseas trips in the last 7 years, more than 50 trips.
It took 13 months processing time to get my PR renewed. I was asked to get border reports from all countries where i traveled.
I just applied for citizenship, hope I will not stuck again...!!

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=0

Patient83

Feb 13, 2017
Congratulations everybody.
I guess getting a finger request is better than not getting anything at all. Me and willzou have the exact time line. You got the FP and the test invite and i am still waiting.
Good luck everybody. Hopefully we can hear from cic soon. Thanks

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user3000 said:
I have the same scenario, when I entered very first time to Canada (Landing ), I returned back to US in 4 days and there was no stamp on US side as my I 94 was valid and they let me go without stamping. Can you please advise how to deal with this situation.
Get FOIA reports and keep them ready incase they request you will not have to wait later
It depends on the officer who is checking your passport on how to react to missing stamps
Different applicants had different experience as some got away with one missing stamp

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
.Steve said:
Get FOIA reports and keep them ready incase they request you will not have to wait later
It depends on the officer who is checking your passport on how to react to missing stamps
Different applicants had different experience as some got away with one missing stamp
LINK TO ORDER FOIA REPORTS?

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:
My Test Exp.

- Reached 10 mins in advance to the test site
- Lady called all of us (Approx 20) into a room
- She explained all the rules
- Completed test in 10 mins
- Office called for interview. She was very friendly. I got 19/20. she said - I passed.
- She checked my passport, landing paper, PR card, DL, health card etc.
- She also where do you work, how long you work, do you like it.
- She matched my entry and exits (approx 10 entries) as per my RQ
- One of entry I added in my RQ but there wasn't any entry in my passport. (4 days trip).
She said - she will run a query from CBSA and get it later. She also mentioned that this will not delay your processing. You will be called for ceremony as planned in 2 to 5 months. Not sure if one entry missing will delay in processing. I mentioned about CBSA record I have but she said to get her own.
- Overall it took 1 hour at office and was great experiences.
Is your local office Winnipeg ??

blucky

Feb 2, 2017
Update - can't add this info in my profile

Just sharing my citizenship application process info
Citizenship
Calgary Applicant

14/Nov - App Received
13/Dec - In Process
10/Jan - Test invite
02/Feb - Test Date
07/Feb - Decision Made
22/Fev - Oath letter sent/updated online
17/Mar - Oath Ceremony

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=0

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:
My Test Exp.

- Reached 10 mins in advance to the test site
- Lady called all of us (Approx 20) into a room
- She explained all the rules
- Completed test in 10 mins
- Office called for interview. She was very friendly. I got 19/20. she said - I passed.
- She checked my passport, landing paper, PR card, DL, health card etc.
- She also where do you work, how long you work, do you like it.
- She matched my entry and exits (approx 10 entries) as per my RQ
- One of entry I added in my RQ but there wasn't any entry in my passport. (4 days trip).
She said - she will run a query from CBSA and get it later. She also mentioned that this will not delay your processing. You will be called for ceremony as planned in 2 to 5 months. Not sure if one entry missing will delay in processing. I mentioned about CBSA record I have but she said to get her own.
- Overall it took 1 hour at office and was great experiences.
Just to update further on this -

Today - Called CIC call center to check status after test (on Feb 21st).
She said - only one item is pending before they send you invitation letter. This item is related to residency. They are confirming from their end and not requested so far anything from me.
eCAS still showing in progress.

Now I am thinking - one US entry stamp may delay whole process. They may send me CT form.