Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tmota said:
Less than 2 years old? Was the baby born outside Canada?
Nop baby born here.

Joe Joe

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Hi everyone,
should we send a copy of the passport translation or the original, and if we send the orginal should we translate it again to have the original translation during the interview

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joe Joe said:
Hi everyone,
should we send a copy of the passport translation or the original, and if we send the orginal should we translate it again to have the original translation during the interview
Does your passport's biographic pages include English and/or French titles? If it does, there's no need for translation. Several passports include at least English titles after the original language - for instance, the French passport says "Prénom/Give Name" in the person's first name. Whichever is the language of your passport, if there's English titles before your info, you don't need translations.

Joe Joe

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
tmota said:
Does your passport's biographic pages include English and/or French titles? If it does, there's no need for translation. Several passports include at least English titles after the original language - for instance, the French passport says "Prénom/Give Name" in the person's first name. Whichever is the language of your passport, if there's English titles before your info, you don't need translations.
Actually yes I do have the info in English, Appreciate it Tmota

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
I received my test letter on Friday by Snail mail. It is dated Jan 18 and the test is on 9th Feb.

TAPTATANU

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dlhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Nov-2011
Doc's Request.
send with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2012
IELTS Request
04-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2012
Med's Request
24-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2012
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2012
tmota said:
Here's my case:
- Arrive at test/interview place, show invitation letter and RP Card to access
- The agent indicates a place for you to sit - pencil and eraser already on the desk
- Families doing the test together will be seated in distant places from one another. Usual observation about turning electronics off, putting all personal belongins under the desk, only invitation and RP card on desk
- When the room is full, they star explaining the test, then distribute the answer sheets, than the questions notebook
- They signal you can star the test - you sign them when you finish
- You are redirected to another room where you'll wait to be called to the interview - as far as I could understand, there's no particular order for this call, but it seems they wait for all members of the family doing the test to finish, as they call family members in sequence
- The agent will ask a few questions, check documents, tell you your test result and next steps. In my case I was asked about employment, last time outside Canada, and if I had any children. The agent checked my IDs but not the other documentation - I had the original Landing form, diplomas/transcripts for proof of language and passport.

I've read about people leaving the test already with the Oath invitation, and about people who did the Oath right after the test/interview - some received the Oath invitation alongside the test invitation. I guess it depends on your luck to have a ceremony taking place at the same day of your test.

They start calling people for interviews as soon as the first person finishes - but again, in my case family members were all called in sequence, so they might wait for the first individual applicant to finish. Most of the time I spent waiting for the room to be filled, and to be called for the interview. The test itself can be completed in under 10 minutes if you studied the book and did a few online quizzes - but you have 30 minutes to finish. So, be prepared to be a little bored waiting for things...
Discovery Canada is a long book with 9 chapters.Is it possible to remember all these things.What will happen if u fail the test.They will not give u citizenship.

TAPTATANU

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dlhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Nov-2011
Doc's Request.
send with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2012
IELTS Request
04-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2012
Med's Request
24-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2012
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2012
shakeyy said:
Any applicants in November may gather here.. :)

Please say yo! or post your inquiries/where you at or anything!
I am from Toronto and my test date is on Feb.I didnt receive letter yet.I am worried abt the test .Discovery Canada has 9 chapters.Its difficult to memorize all these things

PVN

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
TAPTATANU said:
I am from Toronto and my test date is on Feb.I didnt receive letter yet.I am worried abt the test .Discovery Canada has 9 chapters.Its difficult to memorize all these things
I read the book once and I practised the online tests which you get it for free. The test is not that difficult.

TAPTATANU

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dlhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Nov-2011
Doc's Request.
send with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2012
IELTS Request
04-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2012
Med's Request
24-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2012
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2012
PVN said:
I read the book once and I practised the online tests which you get it for free. The test is not that difficult.
From where you get the online material.Can u provide me the link.

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TAPTATANU said:
Here you go: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp

If I'm not mistaken, there's a link in the first correspondence you receive - the AOR - for this.

Don't worry too much, all questions are multiple choice. Practice the online quizzes, it helps too.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

They issued me CIT0520 after the test as I was missing two stamps into the US.

CIT0520 is requesting.

All pages from passport
Rental/Lease agreement
Paystubs
Children school records
CRA Notice of assessments
Bank/Credit card statements
Medical Records
USA entries/exit records

I have applied for FOIA Entry/Exit in US and have rest of the documents.

Any suggestions welcome

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TAPTATANU said:
Here are some practise test online:
http://citizenshipcounts.ca/study
http://citizenshipcounts.ca/study

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
.Steve said:
Hi,

They issued me CIT0520 after the test as I was missing two stamps into the US.

CIT0520 is requesting.

All pages from passport
Rental/Lease agreement
Paystubs
Children school records
CRA Notice of assessments
Bank/Credit card statements
Medical Records
USA entries/exit records

I have applied for FOIA Entry/Exit in US and have rest of the documents.

Any suggestions welcome
are you sure its just because of stamps? how about personal circumstances like did you have gaps with you personal history or did you spend a lot of time outside canada?