+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
.Steve said:
Yes I have mentioned the trips.
And all is accurate.
Just that the entries in USA were not stamped on passport.
the best thing is wait and see what they want . Even when coming back from canada , some people don't get their passport stamped since they use those automated machines or in the us they don't remove those green sheets from the passport so it may be hard to monitor . However my best recommendation is to check on your emails if you had any flight tickets , bank statements credit card statements where you could refer yourself to . Should they send you a letter , they will specify exactly what they need .

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Tyl92..

I searched the forum for a similar case and it looks like I may have to get FOIA reports from CBP.
Keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks,
Steve

sikalupi

Dec 26, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
28-06-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 18-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Hey everyone!

Does anyone have any experience with a minor (2yrs old) citizenship application?
I thought it would have been faster than normal but as far as I can see it is still not even in process. E-cas says "sent you correspondence" on 13th Dec.

Anyone with an idea of an approximate waiting time?

Thank You :)

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys! how long after ecas updates that the mail has been sent that you actually receive a mail? its been a week but i didnt get anything yet

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should get it in a day or two.
Don't worry even if you don't get the invite, you can show up for the test.
Today there was one candidate who came without the invite and was allowed to take test.
Just make sure you carry your drivers license and PR card.

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mississauga123 said:
Got an update on the website today that the letter for test invitation went out on the 16th. The test is on 7th of Feb.

I know that there are allot of smaller entries in regards to what happens in the test/interview, but can someone simply summarize it in one place, what happens first, then after that, then after that etc....

Thanks.
Here's my case:
- Arrive at test/interview place, show invitation letter and RP Card to access
- The agent indicates a place for you to sit - pencil and eraser already on the desk
- Families doing the test together will be seated in distant places from one another. Usual observation about turning electronics off, putting all personal belongins under the desk, only invitation and RP card on desk
- When the room is full, they star explaining the test, then distribute the answer sheets, than the questions notebook
- They signal you can star the test - you sign them when you finish
- You are redirected to another room where you'll wait to be called to the interview - as far as I could understand, there's no particular order for this call, but it seems they wait for all members of the family doing the test to finish, as they call family members in sequence
- The agent will ask a few questions, check documents, tell you your test result and next steps. In my case I was asked about employment, last time outside Canada, and if I had any children. The agent checked my IDs but not the other documentation - I had the original Landing form, diplomas/transcripts for proof of language and passport.

I've read about people leaving the test already with the Oath invitation, and about people who did the Oath right after the test/interview - some received the Oath invitation alongside the test invitation. I guess it depends on your luck to have a ceremony taking place at the same day of your test.

They start calling people for interviews as soon as the first person finishes - but again, in my case family members were all called in sequence, so they might wait for the first individual applicant to finish. Most of the time I spent waiting for the room to be filled, and to be called for the interview. The test itself can be completed in under 10 minutes if you studied the book and did a few online quizzes - but you have 30 minutes to finish. So, be prepared to be a little bored waiting for things...

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
.Steve said:
You should get it in a day or two.
Don't worry even if you don't get the invite, you can show up for the test.
Today there was one candidate who came without the invite and was allowed to take test.
Just make sure you carry your drivers license and PR card.
i see.. i find it odd too because ecas says it was sent jan 10, but until now i didnt get the letter. thanks steve

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
.Steve said:
Thanks Tyl92..

I searched the forum for a similar case and it looks like I may have to get FOIA reports from CBP.
Keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks,
Steve
Before I have applied for my application, I have obtained a CBP report from ATIP.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

I got the report through email in 30 days. It will have all our entry and exits.

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
tim50, it's like you did follow your FP very well.
I did my FP via agency, they said they will send to RCMP 1-2 week, then RCMP will send to CIC.
But they will tell CIC that I did FP.

So not sure how long do I need to wait.
But as you are almost 10 days before me, if you have no progress, I should not be so nervous.
Just be relax for another couple of weeks, then see.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danny_princy said:
i have family application in process. can some one tell me you have to take your minor children in test or not?
Children are not required to attend Citizenship Test and Oath Ceremony if they are under the age of 14 on the date of signing the application.

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017

sikalupi

Dec 26, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
28-06-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 18-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
.Steve said:
Children are not required to attend Citizenship Test and Oath Ceremony if they are under the age of 14 on the date of signing the application.
How is it processed in this case?

Kartic

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
even if baby is less than 2 years is it necessary to send her birth certificate also? nothing is mentioned like that anywhere! I already applied without baby's birth certificate. Do you think that will be returned?
Please suggest

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kartic said:
Hi,
even if baby is less than 2 years is it necessary to send her birth certificate also? nothing is mentioned like that anywhere! I already applied without baby's birth certificate. Do you think that will be returned?
Please suggest
Less than 2 years old? Was the baby born outside Canada?