Med's Request
22-2-2010
Passport Req..
03-20-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-30-2010
LANDED..........
09-08-2010
I received invitation to write the test yesterday (Jan 5). The test date is Jan 25 in Calgary. :)

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have completed my FP at local police HQ and they have sent to RCMP. will take approx 10 days to reach to CIC.

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
My application is in process as of Friday 6th Jan 2017. ;D

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got few questions -

Are all the applicant's (family members) application are finalized at same time and dependent on other's application OR could be finalized individually?
Mine of got stuck in FP process. Does my wife and kids can process separately and finalized earlier?

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
tim50 said:
Got few questions -

Are all the applicant's (family members) application are finalized at same time and dependent on other's application OR could be finalized individually?
Mine of got stuck in FP process. Does my wife and kids can process separately and finalized earlier?
They will move individually if they are applied separately (separate fee and applications). If they are applied together as a family, they will move together.

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kolhapuri said:
They will move individually if they are applied separately (separate fee and applications). If they are applied together as a family, they will move together.
Unless one member doesn't pass the written test, in which case they will ask if you still want to be processed together or if the person who will have to pass the long interview will be processed separately. See "After the test" section here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-test.asp

In a typical process, all members stay together until the end. FP request doesn't delay much if you act fast - that was my case, I got FP request but my wife didn't. Shortly after I've sent FP we both got test invites, little to no impact on the overall speed.

EXPRESS000

Aug 25, 2016
HI Guys quick question
I have never received any mail from CIC from the date I sent my application and its already in process.
AOR was sent by email which is normal,but never had any sort of communication by mail.
is there anyone in the same boat?no Mails at all from CIC.
Thank you in advance

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 25, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 14, 2016.
We started processing your application on December 19, 2016.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EXPRESS000 said:
HI Guys quick question
I have never received any mail from CIC from the date I sent my application and its already in process.
AOR was sent by email which is normal,but never had any sort of communication by mail.
is there anyone in the same boat?no Mails at all from CIC.
Thank you in advance

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 25, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 14, 2016.
We started processing your application on December 19, 2016.
Yes, no other communication other than FP request (some applicants only). So wait and watch for test invite.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have completed my FP at local police HQ on Jan 6th/Fri.
Called RCMP today (Jan 11), they have sent to CIC on Mon/Jan 9th. Sent 1 a day. this means no record.
Called CIC today (Jan 11), they said it will take 3 weeks to receive it? Is this true? Do they send report by postal mail? after how many days - online status will change?

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:
I have completed my FP at local police HQ on Jan 6th/Fri.
Called RCMP today (Jan 11), they have sent to CIC on Mon/Jan 9th. Sent 1 a day. this means no record.
Called CIC today (Jan 11), they said it will take 3 weeks to receive it? Is this true? Do they send report by postal mail? after how many days - online status will change?
That's a tough call, tim50.

In my case, the eCAS status changed - showing they sent the test invitation - 13 days after I've sent my fingerprints. The thing is, there's no status update showing the CIC received the fingerprints, so there's really no way to know other than calling them.

That said, if the RCMP sent your fingerprints two days ago, it's maybe too soon for them to answer. Be patient.

Tinyaries

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
Jan 26th, 2017
Hello people,

I could not find a thread for Jan applicants, so just decided to add myself here.

Sent the app Jan 10th, 2017.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tinyaries said:
Hello people,

I could not find a thread for Jan applicants, so just decided to add myself here.

Sent the app Jan 10th, 2017.
The January thread is here :) http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/january-2017citizenship-applicants-t466497.0.html

Tinyaries

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
Jan 26th, 2017
Rigly68 said:
The January thread is here :) http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/january-2017citizenship-applicants-t466497.0.html
thank you Rigly68 :)

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
how do we normally recieve test invitation

through registered mail from canada post ?

pls respond