i changed it the on ecas on dec 20th 2016. still address didnt change

how long does it take ?

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all,

Here is my ECASE updates.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 14, 2016.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 1, 2016.
3. We started processing your application on December 5, 2016.
4. We sent you correspondence on December 28, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Question - For above point # 4, I did not get any letter in the mail or email. Any idea, how to get this information? I received AOR through email. Does it mean that they have sent me an email or postal email?

Thanks,

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
looks like its a finger print request.. wait for the snail mail.. letter

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:
hi all,

Here is my ECASE updates.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 14, 2016.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 1, 2016.
3. We started processing your application on December 5, 2016.
4. We sent you correspondence on December 28, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Question - For above point # 4, I did not get any letter in the mail or email. Any idea, how to get this information? I received AOR through email. Does it mean that they have sent me an email or postal email?
Yes, as imran01 said, you'll have to wait for the physical letter, which can take a few days to arrive - specially since we're in the middle of the holidays. I've got the same message and it was a fingerprint request, took five days for the letter to arrive - early December, so no holidays to interfere with postal office delays.

On December 28th I've got the test invite message on the eCas, but still no physical invite yet, so don't worry, it'll get to you.

NGE

Feb 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
29-01-2012
tmota said:
Yes, as imran01 said, you'll have to wait for the physical letter, which can take a few days to arrive - specially since we're in the middle of the holidays. I've got the same message and it was a fingerprint request, took five days for the letter to arrive - early December, so no holidays to interfere with postal office delays.

On December 28th I've got the test invite message on the eCas, but still no physical invite yet, so don't worry, it'll get to you.
I hard from my friend that, if you not reside your present address not more then 6 months then, CIC request for fingerprint. is that statement true?

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NGE said:
I hard from my friend that, if you not reside your present address not more then 6 months then, CIC request for fingerprint. is that statement true?
Well, it's true for me, but not for my wife, who's in the same process. ::) The only difference between she and me is that she has no gaps on her work and education history - section H of the CIT 0002. She was either studying or working throughout our time here, and I had a few months where I was just looking for work. I don't know if this is what triggered the fingerprint request, though.

I believe there's no single reason to a fingerprint request - or to any other request that might be made during the process. It can be a number of things, each case is different.

What I can tell is that, as far as I can see, the fingerprint request had little to no impact on the process speed, thankfully. So, patience, guys. As long as we check all the boxes, all we have to do is wait, and maybe add a few info on the way.

NGE

Feb 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
29-01-2012
tmota said:
Well, it's true for me, but not for my wife, who's in the same process. ::) The only difference between she and me is that she has no gaps on her work and education history - section H of the CIT 0002. She was either studying or working throughout our time here, and I had a few months where I was just looking for work. I don't know if this is what triggered the fingerprint request, though.

I believe there's no single reason to a fingerprint request - or to any other request that might be made during the process. It can be a number of things, each case is different.

What I can tell is that, as far as I can see, the fingerprint request had little to no impact on the process speed, thankfully. So, patience, guys. As long as we check all the boxes, all we have to do is wait, and maybe add a few info on the way.
Yes, fingerprint will not delayed your processing time. On the other side, it would be faster as you sent your earliest time. If CIC need to collect, then It will take time

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
due to error in address on aor

how long does it take ?

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sidestep4u said:
due to error in address on aor

how long does it take ?
It seems nobody on the November 2016 feed went through an address change (I didn't)... Try looking at other feeds, there are some months with much more people talking, you might have better luck.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if I need to do FP, should I done in any local police station. I need to take report and sent to CIC or police dept will take care?

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone hope everything good.

Send application : 29 Nov
Received: 2nd Dec
AOR: 3 Jan 2017.
Toronto.
Days : 1461

please update my details thanks.

i have one question i send family application together but i got AOR for me only not for my wife ? is it ok ?

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:
if I need to do FP, should I done in any local police station. I need to take report and sent to CIC or police dept will take care?
If you receive a fingerprint request, there will be a list of places that do it in your area - it's different from the list you can find at the CIC website. What I did was call the one closest to my work and ask questions, since I didn't had the option to do it at the RCMP. The place in which I had my fingerprints done did it all electronically - the fingerprints went from there to the RCMP, which in turn send them to the CIC, all electronically. I left with only a receipt.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello ,

My ecas has been updated....

We sent you a notice on January 3, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 17, 2017 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Someone please update the spreadsheet......Thx.

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
.Steve said:
Hello ,

My ecas has been updated....

We sent you a notice on January 3, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 17, 2017 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Someone please update the spreadsheet......Thx.
congratulations!
why you have one more status, delivered, and received,
what Nov 14 for?
Nov 4 is sent, Nov 7 is delivered. Dec 1 is AOR,