+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

Winsen

Oct 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tmota said:
Hello,

When checking application status at the CIC website, do we have to write the hyphen in the middle of the UCI? Do I write 0000-0000 or 00000000?
It doesn't matter. I can log in to my ecas using UCI with or without the hyphen.

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Winsen said:
It doesn't matter. I can log in to my ecas using UCI with or without the hyphen.
Thank you Winsen. I guess I just had to wait for the process to enter the system. I was able to see the status this morning - still on "Application Received", but at least now I can follow it.

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone have some kind of statistic on the processing times? Upon seeing the tabs for the other months on the shared sheet, it seems that it's getting faster - of course, the sheet has a limited amount of people, and there's no way to check the information, but it would be an interesting thing to know while we wait.

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
I did not see "faster"

I paid attention to the time spent from "Delivered" to "AOR", the average should about 16-17 days.

Because Nov is just start, all cases that go fast come out first and have date value.
Other cases that go slower do not have date value yet.

As time goes on, the slower ones will have date value and (at least for me, from "Delivered" to "AOR" will be over 17 days definitely)

JaneFrancis

Nov 25, 2016
Hello,

We submitted ours end of October.
AOR - Nov. 15
Processing - Nov. 17

But I received a letter requesting for legal change of name document since I want to assume my husband's name. My PR & Phil. passport are still maiden name but my OHIP, Driver's License and SIN are in my married name. Any advice where and how to process legal name change. I need to submit document in 60 days.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JaneFrancis said:
Hello,

We submitted ours end of October.
AOR - Nov. 15
Processing - Nov. 17

But I received a letter requesting for legal change of name document since I want to assume my husband's name. My PR & Phil. passport are still maiden name but my OHIP, Driver's License and SIN are in my married name. Any advice where and how to process legal name change. I need to submit document in 60 days.
Assuming you are in Ontario? See here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/change-name-adults

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
willzou said:
You are so quick.
Please update this sheet, which has more data

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BZma84gwofEV-GeYx13fiyxZORk8NqRjaTn-VMKtvqA/edit#gid=2079842072
thanks updated

dmurjai

Feb 29, 2016
In the Income tax submission 6.J
Do we need to mention about 2016 or shall we leave it blank? I am self-employed and my business will take a few more months to produce revenue... So how we mention this? Can i mention as unemployed to avoid the scrutiny?
Otherwise, i worked in the prior 4 years till 2015.

NewHome_Alberta

Star Member
Jun 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I need advice with following:

I got my PR in Mar2011 and permanently moved to Canada from U.S on Aug 12. During the period that I was absent (Mar2011 to Aug 12) from Canada, I went to visit my native country for 153 days.

I am already claiming that I was absent from Mar'11 to Aug'12 in my application and in the physical presence calculator. Should I mention anywhere else that duration of 153 days either in my citizen application or in my physical presence calculator?.

Please advice....

bbssmm88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
NewHome_Alberta said:

I got my PR in Mar2011 and permanently moved to Canada from U.S on Aug 12. During the period that I was absent (Mar2011 to Aug 12) from Canada, I went to visit my native country for 153 days.

I am already claiming that I was absent from Mar'11 to Aug'12 in my application and in the physical presence calculator. Should I mention anywhere else that duration of 153 days either in my citizen application or in my physical presence calculator?.

Please advice....

The Physical Presence Calculator that you have to include in application will show that anyway.

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just checked my application, it's now In Process! :D Interestingly, the date marked in the CIC page as the beginning of processing is 24/Nov, though it didn't changed on the eCAS until today

Quick question: in the spreadsheet, do I put the date when it appeared as In Process - today, 27/Nov - or the day it says the process actually began - 24/Nov? I have been checking daily, it was still on "Application Received" yesterday. Didn't even thought it would change today, but checked anyway.

If I put the day it appeared in the eCas, the delay comes closer to the other November people. I wonder how everyone else is marking it.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please put date of eCas date.. and Letter Dates.. in your timelines.. thanks..

suriyaramesh

Star Member
Oct 8, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NewHome_Alberta: You need to input days outside Canada from the date of your landing (When you became PR), hence those 153 days should be included (as out of Canada with details) in the residency calculator. Other Seniors in the group can validate my opinion.

Best Wishes for your application

NewHome_Alberta said:

Please advice....