+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

Creative85

Oct 24, 2016
willzou said:
I did calculation for you, the total days of you is 1458, less than 1460
Thank so much for the calculation, So if I wait couple days I will be okay !? For the tax of 2011 and 2012 I didn't stay in Canada long and was not working so didn't file them. Can I file them now or not required !?

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Creative85 said:
Thank so much for the calculation, So if I wait couple days I will be okay !? For the tax of 2011 and 2012 I didn't stay in Canada long and was not working so didn't file them. Can I file them now or not required !?
for year 2011 and 2012, do u have bank accounts, health card, property etc here in canada.. social ties with canada... if so then you are required to file tax as per law. as per my understanding
for Tax consideration... better u talk to some expert tax consultant..
coz for assessment of tax and if u become tax payer you have to declare your world wide income of 2011 and 2012 and it must have serious financial considerations for you depending upon your income base and the country you resides..

bbssmm88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Hi there,

I have a question about listing addresses I stayed in. When I landed here I stayed at a hotel for 2 weeks until I found an apartment, which I assume most people did, the question is: do I put the hotel address as my address in the application for this short time, or I include the 2 weeks in my apartment address?

Any one with a similar case?

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bbssmm88 said:
Hi there,

I have a question about listing addresses I stayed in. When I landed here I stayed at a hotel for 2 weeks until I found an apartment, which I assume most people did, the question is: do I put the hotel address as my address in the application for this short time, or I include the 2 weeks in my apartment address?

Any one with a similar case?
write each and every day physical presence as it is.. if u dont want any future trouble.

bbssmm88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
imran01 said:
write each and every day physical presence as it is.. if u dont want any future trouble.
Thank you, I know I have to and I need those days urgently....my question was how to report those two weeks? Do i put the hotel address or I start my first address with the first apartment i rented and include those days? is a hotel address valid and acceptable by CIC? thank you

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bbssmm88 said:
Thank you, I know I have to and I need those days urgently....my question was how to report those two weeks? Do i put the hotel address or I start my first address with the first apartment i rented and include those days? is a hotel address valid and acceptable by CIC? thank you
write the addresses where you spend days.. and hopefully you have the hotel bills you paid..as a proof..

bbssmm88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
imran01 said:
write the addresses where you spend days.. and hopefully you have the hotel bills you paid..as a proof..
Thank you Imran01 so much, I will do as you recommended. I don't think they will ask for hotel bill --which I don't have, but I may get they keep a record that long-- It is assumed that most new comers stay temporarily at hotels before they move to permanent addresses. Thank you so much.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bbssmm88 said:
Thank you Imran01 so much, I will do as you recommended. I don't think they will ask for hotel bill --which I don't have, but I may get they keep a record that long-- It is assumed that most new comers stay temporarily at hotels before they move to permanent addresses. Thank you so much.
i am not the expert.. i gave my fair opinion.its upto to you if you think it is okey for you.. its solely your decision.

xalam

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Hello everyone,

I need your help for something :)

I have the TEF CANADA ((listening and speaking) dated on july 2015, is it still valide for citizenship or do i have to redo it ? there is no mention of the validity of the test is it good for 1, 2 or whatever numeber of years

Test d’Évaluation de Français (TEF), Test d’Évaluation du Français adapté au Québec (TEFAQ) or TEF pour la naturalisation. ◦After July 1st, 2012, you must have achieved a score of: ◾Niveau B1, B2, C1 or C2 in Compréhension de l’oral and Expression orale.

◦Before July 1st, 2012, you must have achieved a score of: ◾Niveau 3 or higher in Compréhension de l’oral and Expression orale. (Please note: if the Test d’Évaluation de Français (TEF) was taken before July 1st, 2012, a level 3 is required for expression orale only. This applies only to the TEF and not the TEFAQ or TEF pour la naturalisation).

PLUS I have my diploma issued from Algeria (Arabic contry) but the program was in French so I don't know what to select.
I'm wiling to apply nov 14th. Can i select both options ?

Good luck everyone

sikalupi

Dec 26, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
28-06-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 18-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Hello everyone!

I'm posting here to join the applicants on behalf of my son (1 yr old) :D. I sent the application today and because he is so young it was a relatively small package.
I don't know what is the normal waiting time for the AOR and the usual time line for a baby, any shared knowledge would be great!

Thank You, happy waiting.
:)

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sikalupi said:
Hello everyone!

I'm posting here to join the applicants on behalf of my son (1 yr old) :D. I sent the application today and because he is so young it was a relatively small package.
I don't know what is the normal waiting time for the AOR and the usual time line for a baby, any shared knowledge would be great!

Thank You, happy waiting.
:)
welcome...

carlnoweast

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2009
AOR Received.
21-12-2009
File Transfer...
13-04-2010
Med's Request
13-09-2010
Med's Done....
05-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2011
LANDED..........
27-04-2011 (Surrey, BC)
Hi guys, i have sent my docs today! ;)

Hoping for a smooth 12-month max process as indicated in the website.

Creative85

Oct 24, 2016
carlnoweast said:
Hi guys, i have sent my docs today! ;)

Hoping for a smooth 12-month max process as indicated in the website.
Good Luck! Quick Questions , can you provide us with the what you have provided or some tips. I am applying by 25th Nov. did you wait so long after you completed 1460 days.
- for the physical presence, I have a question. if you leave the country you visited by 4th Dec 2015 and your passport stamped that you have entered Canada on 4th December ( flight time difference you gain time). so should i have entered 4th Dec or 5th Dec on Canada.
- if I fly to USA on 7th August 2014 around 11am and came back on 9th August at 5PM. how to put the dates on the calculator? 7th will be counted as presented in Canada or US. and 9th will be Canada or US?
- Do you include T4 in the application?
- do you include the Work/education letter from WOrk?

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
I will send on Nov 7, with 9 days buffer.
tried to help you.
1. 1460 is a minimal . You must not send before that. usually take some buffer in case we did some mistake or they have wrong record. I will send on 1469 days.
2. one day absence in your case . you just input leave date and return date, the calculator will tell you your absence is 1 days, i.e. 8th Augus
3. No T4, but must tick the Yes box to authorise cic to check from CRA
4. No. There is a checklist officially. Make sure you include all the items applied to you.

Creative85 said:
Good Luck! Quick Questions , can you provide us with the what you have provided or some tips. I am applying by 25th Nov. did you wait so long after you completed 1460 days.
- for the physical presence, I have a question. if you leave the country you visited by 4th Dec 2015 and your passport stamped that you have entered Canada on 4th December ( flight time difference you gain time). so should i have entered 4th Dec or 5th Dec on Canada.
- if I fly to USA on 7th August 2014 around 11am and came back on 9th August at 5PM. how to put the dates on the calculator? 7th will be counted as presented in Canada or US. and 9th will be Canada or US?
- Do you include T4 in the application?
- do you include the Work/education letter from WOrk?

August2015

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Creative85 said:
Hi Guys Again,

I am new here and trying to work my head around the application. is it true that we don't submit all supportive documents with Application like (Rental, work letter, pay stubs, rental , translated passports, bank statements, School Reports...etc) and keep them for the interview? if I dont submit them , how they will know that I have stayed the time

what other tips you provide for filling the application. I have Landed on 28th August 2011 and Became PR then I went back for my work and study.
2011 --->13 Days.
2012 --> 70
2013 -->356
2014 -->363
2015 -->335
2016 -->321

I didn't have the Tax for both 2011 and 2012 as I was not there. I only have my T4 for 2013, 14, 15 and 16 is yet to come.

Appreciate your Help.

I would suggest you not to submit any additional supportive documents unless asked so, it will jus make Immigration officer life easy to process your application. If you did send supportive documents it will raise questions which leads to more time on your file. Imagine if everyone send supporting documents with out asking, the processing timelines would not be what they are today. All the best, just send the documents that are asked in the check list.