Doc's Request.
4/4/2016
AOR Received.
1/19/2016
Med's Done....
9/7/2015
IRONMAN7777 said:
Hello Samsho39,

I know the feeling. I am away from my wife as well, waiting for my approval from Abu Dhabi VO. Waiting is definitely a painful process. I applied in October 2015 and they received my application in November. We are going to update our file as well by submitting more proof of relationship, although we did provide proof that we are together since 2011 and married in September 2015 at the time of submission.

I don't really know whether or not it would help emailing them. So yes, pretty much in the same boat as you are. May I ask where your Visa Office is?
Hi IRONMAN7777,

My file is in the Colombo Visa Office. It appears to be a bit slow because people from the Sri Lanka forums have been complaining about not getting any news despite applying in June-July 2015. My husband was here on a 20 day vacation and he left on the 2nd of June. Both of us are pretty depressed as we were hoping we'd get some news by the end of his vacation and it was tough saying goodbye to each other again. We provided pictures to the Colombo VO from this trip, hoping it helps speed up the process. In April, we had an additional document request asking for copies of the alterations and observation pages of my passport -- haven't heard anything since then.

kalz

Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 Sept 2015
AOR Received.
19 Nov 2015, SA : 2 Dec 2015
File Transfer...
7 Dec 2015
Med's Request
Remedical request :20th june 2016,
Med's Done....
Submitted on 14th july 2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
1st August 2016, Decision made in cic: 3rd august 2016

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
samsho39 said:
Hi IRONMAN7777,

My file is in the Colombo Visa Office. It appears to be a bit slow because people from the Sri Lanka forums have been complaining about not getting any news despite applying in June-July 2015. My husband was here on a 20 day vacation and he left on the 2nd of June. Both of us are pretty depressed as we were hoping we'd get some news by the end of his vacation and it was tough saying goodbye to each other again. We provided pictures to the Colombo VO from this trip, hoping it helps speed up the process. In April, we had an additional document request asking for copies of the alterations and observation pages of my passport -- haven't heard anything since then.
Hi Samsho39. I am a bit surprised that Colombo Visa Office takes that long. I was under the impression that it was one of the quickest. Yes, I can imagine how depressing that must have been for both your husband and you after spending a vacation together. However, having been requested for additional documents from CIC, one thing is clear and that is your application is being reviewed. It is a good sign if you ask me, not that I am an expert. My wife visited earlier this year as well, February, but just a 12 day visit. It was difficult for us as well to part ways. So, she promised me a visit in July, which I made her write down on paper and had her sign it as well, hahaha! But she is going back on her word now that it is closer to July already, :).

samsho39

Jun 13, 2015
Surrey, BC
App. Filed.......
11/20/2015
Doc's Request.
4/4/2016
AOR Received.
1/19/2016
Med's Done....
9/7/2015
IRONMAN7777 said:
Hi Samsho39. I am a bit surprised that Colombo Visa Office takes that long. I was under the impression that it was one of the quickest. Yes, I can imagine how depressing that must have been for both your husband and you after spending a vacation together. However, having been requested for additional documents from CIC, one thing is clear and that is your application is being reviewed. It is a good sign if you ask me, not that I am an expert. My wife visited earlier this year as well, February, but just a 12 day visit. It was difficult for us as well to part ways. So, she promised me a visit in July, which I made her write down on paper and had her sign it as well, hahaha! But she is going back on her word now that it is closer to July already, :).
Haha my husband made a promise for September but we are hoping we get my PR or any good news before that because goodbyes are becoming tougher each time he visits. Nothing better than settling permanently together even though these mini vacations are nice! What visa office do you belong to btw? Sri Lanka was supposed to be fast -- my sister in law got her PR in less than 4 months in 2013 so I had high hopes when I was applying. Hopefully June is the month for me! I hope you guys get your PR very soon too, I see a lot of people are seeing a "Decision Made" in their ECAS.

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
samsho39 said:
Haha my husband made a promise for September but we are hoping we get my PR or any good news before that because goodbyes are becoming tougher each time he visits. Nothing better than settling permanently together even though these mini vacations are nice! What visa office do you belong to btw? Sri Lanka was supposed to be fast -- my sister in law got her PR in less than 4 months in 2013 so I had high hopes when I was applying. Hopefully June is the month for me! I hope you guys get your PR very soon too, I see a lot of people are seeing a "Decision Made" in their ECAS.
I wish you the very best and glad to know you are maintaining a positive attitude toward receiving your PPR. It will happen for you.

My Visa Office is in Abu Dhabi as I reside in the UAE. We applied for ATI notes and waited 65 days to receive them. However, we can't make head or tail of it. Not sure what it means as there is nothing mentioned about a Background Check, Security Check or Interview. None of those words exist in those notes. So, still uncertain on where we are at with our application.

samsho39

Jun 13, 2015
Surrey, BC
App. Filed.......
11/20/2015
Doc's Request.
4/4/2016
AOR Received.
1/19/2016
Med's Done....
9/7/2015
IRONMAN7777 said:
I wish you the very best and glad to know you are maintaining a positive attitude toward receiving your PPR. It will happen for you.

My Visa Office is in Abu Dhabi as I reside in the UAE. We applied for ATI notes and waited 65 days to receive them. However, we can't make head or tail of it. Not sure what it means as there is nothing mentioned about a Background Check, Security Check or Interview. None of those words exist in those notes. So, still uncertain on where we are at with our application.
I just applied for the notes today. Maybe you'll have better luck if you apply again as the system must have been updated with this information by now? Hopefully you'll get your PPR before you even get the notes but there's no harm in trying. You can also post your notes in the forum and see if anyone can help you understand them.

kawafam0919

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
30-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
15-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2015
Hey everyone!

So we received our Decision Made on May 29. We hadn't heard anything from Ottawa since but today we got an email for final requests from CIC (new photos/payment/etc). I'm a little surprised it took this long but hey, the most important thing is that we got it :)

I was just wondering if I could get some confirmation...my partner is Japanese and Japan is visa exempt. But since March Japan nationals visiting Canada require an eTA. But they are still considered visa exempt so this means he doesn't need to submit his passport, correct? Just updated photos. Also it says in the email if we are outside Canada to mail these documents to the Visa Application Centre (for us that's in Tokyo). So we should send it there rather than Ottawa which is where his application was processed, right? Sorry if this all seems straight forward and my questions are silly I just want to make sure we get it right the first time!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
kawafam0919 said:
Hey everyone!

So we received our Decision Made on May 29 and today we got an email for final requests from CIC (new photos/payment/etc). I was just wondering if I could get some confirmation...my partner is Japanese and Japan is visa exempt. But since March Japan nationals visiting Canada require an eTA. But they are still considered visa exempt so this means he doesn't need to submit his passport, correct? Just updated photos. Also it says in the email if we are outside Canada to mail these documents to the Visa Application Centre (for us that's in Tokyo). So we should send it there rather than Ottawa which is where his application was processed, right? Sorry if this all seems straight forward and my questions are silly I just want to make sure we get it right the first time!
The eTA has nothing to do with him being visa-exempt or submitting his passport. If Ottawa didn't request his passport, then don't send it. Send the photos/payment to Ottawa, since that's the visa office processing your application.

kawafam0919

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
30-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
15-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2015
Decoy24601 said:
The eTA has nothing to do with him being visa-exempt or submitting his passport. If Ottawa didn't request his passport, then don't send it. Send the photos/payment to Ottawa, since that's the visa office processing your application.
They didn't request it specifically, the email just said "Dear *** , The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca with details concerning your situation." Then listed out the steps to follow. Step one is to inform them of any change of circumstances. Easy, none. Step two "passport requirements" and says to 'determine if you need to submit your passport(s)'. It provides a link to "determine whether you require a visa to enter Canada" and "if you require a visa to center Canada then submit your passport(s)." Following the link provided, the only information given for Japan is that Japanese need an eTA. So I assume, since this isn't a visa, he doesn't require a visa and therefore does not need to submit his passport.

The email then tells us to submit the documents, but that if we are outside Canada to send it to a VAC - visa application centre, one in our area. If we are inside Canada it says to submit to CPC-Ottawa. We are currently in Japan still. I guess I should just ignore that and email it to Ottawa since that's where it's processed.

Gah! I wish they were more straight forward! I would email them but they literally never have emailed us back before. Thanks for the help though!

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
samsho39 said:
I just applied for the notes today. Maybe you'll have better luck if you apply again as the system must have been updated with this information by now? Hopefully you'll get your PPR before you even get the notes but there's no harm in trying. You can also post your notes in the forum and see if anyone can help you understand them.
Hi Samsho39,

I have tried sharing my notes to see if someone can explain them to me however I was unable to paste them here. I will have my consultant apply for them again, except that he is not proactive at all and needs to be asked all the time for the simplest of questions, requesting for notes again would be one of them. Believe it or not, he has charged us a small fortune for his services. After receiving the notes all he had to say was that I can expect any of the following, Acceptance, Additional Documents Request, Interview or Rejection. As though I did not know that at the time I requested for the notes.

I hope you receive your notes in time. By the way, can I ask what do these notes actually look like? Do they show anything about whether or not Background Checks, Security Checks have started, Interview? Because in my notes, those words don't exist. All I can see a "to the point" communication between the Ottawa and Abu Dhabi VO, last held in February of this year.

NoobSaibot

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
kawafam0919 said:
They didn't request it specifically, the email just said "Dear *** , The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca with details concerning your situation." Then listed out the steps to follow. Step one is to inform them of any change of circumstances. Easy, none. Step two "passport requirements" and says to 'determine if you need to submit your passport(s)'. It provides a link to "determine whether you require a visa to enter Canada" and "if you require a visa to center Canada then submit your passport(s)." Following the link provided, the only information given for Japan is that Japanese need an eTA. So I assume, since this isn't a visa, he doesn't require a visa and therefore does not need to submit his passport.

The email then tells us to submit the documents, but that if we are outside Canada to send it to a VAC - visa application centre, one in our area. If we are inside Canada it says to submit to CPC-Ottawa. We are currently in Japan still. I guess I should just ignore that and email it to Ottawa since that's where it's processed.

Gah! I wish they were more straight forward! I would email them but they literally never have emailed us back before. Thanks for the help though!

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/japan/contact_us.html

That is the Visa Application Centre in Japan. You may try to submit there.

rama001

Jun 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2016 | AOR2 : 08-06-2016
File Transfer...
SA 23-03-2016
NoobSaibot said:
Visa On Hand!!! We are still in shock :eek: Manila applicant here.

Keep the faith, everyone!!! :)
[/quote
Hi congrats! you're from MVO?
Lucky you! Congrats!!!

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
NoobSaibot said:
Visa On Hand!!! We are still in shock :eek: Manila applicant here.

Keep the faith, everyone!!! :)
Hello NoobSaibot

Congratulation! Whats your timeline?