+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2014 Applicants

prashr

Mar 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Checked my ECAS today and the entry for the oath had been made, I had appeared for my test on July 3 -

We sent you a notice on September 3, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 17, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Hopefully, there should be more updates happening once the long weekend is over.

SFMark2931

Sep 7, 2015
I applied in November 2014 and haven't heard about my test dates yet. The 4th line stating local office transfer disappeared in May and hasn't reappeared since. My local office is Scarborough. Any November applicant still waiting for your tests?

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,
This is to let you know that yesterday I officially became a Canadian. It was such a wonderful moment the time I was handed the certificate trying to remember the 8 years journey. This journey was a mix of different feelings, Anxiousness, Stress, hope, angriness, joy ( sure every time I got envelopes). This forum was such a great help and an excellent source of valuable information that helped to lighten the way. On top of that, this forum provided a place share all feelings. I also ask for apologies for exhaling frustration breathes at many times during this process. Now it is time to say thank you all and I wish everyone the best of luck, happiness and prosperity.
Now it is time to peacefully leave this forum.
Thank you all.

max80

Sep 9, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I am new to the forum, but would like to share my case here.

Application received : 5th Nov, 2014
Test / Interview : 16th Apr, 2015
Received CIT 0520 : 27th Jul, 2015 (US I94 Entry/Exit records)
Document sent : 29th Jul, 2015
Oath : ???

Not sure, why I received CIT 0520 almost after 3 months of passing the test and clearing a seamless interview. The interviewing officer actually congratulated and mentioned that I would be called for oath ceremony in 6 weeks.

It is more than a month that I have submitted the I94 entry/exit records but no response from CIC.

Any guidance here would be highly helpful.

RajevSantik

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov 06 said:
Hello everyone,
This is to let you know that yesterday I officially became a Canadian. It was such a wonderful moment the time I was handed the certificate trying to remember the 8 years journey. This journey was a mix of different feelings, Anxiousness, Stress, hope, angriness, joy ( sure every time I got envelopes). This forum was such a great help and an excellent source of valuable information that helped to lighten the way. On top of that, this forum provided a place share all feelings. I also ask for apologies for exhaling frustration breathes at many times during this process. Now it is time to say thank you all and I wish everyone the best of luck, happiness and prosperity.
Now it is time to peacefully leave this forum.
Thank you all.
Congrats!!!!

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
datascientist said:
Finally, received test invite today for oct 01.
Congrats datascientist. This gives me some ray of hope as I too believe I got my RQ as I requested Travel Document before getting the PR card. Responded to RQ in Feb and still waiting a test invite from Scarborough CIC office.

What's the date on the test invite letter(when was it being dispatched from CIC)? Did your ecas update as well? Just curious to know how long it takes for ecas to update after test invite has been sent through mail. Thanks and good luck for the test!

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry my friend , my situation is exactly similar to you as well.
I have met all the requirements and the cause of RQ is due to the issue
of travel document to come back to canada following my initial landing.

Nov 06 was in similar situation and his citizenship process was completed within 9 months.

My ecas shows the latest update (Inivited for a citizenship test) and you normally receive the invite 2 weeks before your test as a thumb rule.

canadavasi said:
Congrats datascientist. This gives me some ray of hope as I too believe I got my RQ as I requested Travel Document before getting the PR card. Responded to RQ in Feb and still waiting a test invite from Scarborough CIC office.

What's the date on the test invite letter(when was it being dispatched from CIC)? Did your ecas update as well? Just curious to know how long it takes for ecas to update after test invite has been sent through mail. Thanks and good luck for the test!

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
datascientist said:
Don't worry my friend , my situation is exactly similar to you as well.
I have met all the requirements and the cause of RQ is due to the issue
of travel document to come back to canada following my initial landing.

Nov 06 was in similar situation and his citizenship process was completed within 9 months.

My ecas shows the latest update (Inivited for a citizenship test) and you normally receive the invite 2 weeks before your test as a thumb rule.
Same situation as mine. I had used a Travel document to re-enter after my initial landing as well. I was done in 8 months.

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
garian4u said:
Same situation as mine. I had used a Travel document to re-enter after my initial landing as well. I was done in 8 months.
Its been 11 months and all I hear is crickets!!No signs of a test invite yet either and I am worried about the upcoming end of year/holiday season when CIC folks might just hibernate :)

In hindsight, if I would have known getting a Travel Document was gonna cause me so much pain, I would have never got one. Maybe they should make this transparent and add a disclaimer that getting a Travel Document might result in RQ. LOL this is just me cribbing guys, thanks so much for everything, this is what makes this forum a great place!

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear November applicants,

My journey to the Canadian citizenship has finally come to an end. This forum has been unbelievably helpful during this tough process. Thank you guys! It is time for a new chapter in my life. I will be stopping by occasionally to check on the forum and well... good luck everyone, be patient and it'll come.

kind regards,

OrangeCup

rmust

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2012
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
Hi Everyone,

After a couple months of inactivity I have come back to this forum. My original oath date was scheduled for August 4th, however I had a business trip planned to from Aug 3-8. I wrote a letter to CIC on July 25th stating that I would like to request my Oath date be rescheduled due to a pre planned business trip which coincided with my oath date of Aug 4th, I had also attached a letter from my employer stating this fact.

Today finally I received a letter from CIC providing me with my rescheduled Oath date of Oct 19th! I am so happy!
I first came to Canada in Sept 2003 as an international student, and now 12 years later I will finally become a Citizen!

Now the elections voting day is Oct 19th, does anyone know if I can go vote that same day after taking the Oath?

Masrawy

Nov 2, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good Morning Applicants

Yesterday I had the pleasure of being Canadian, invitation letter was sent on 14 Sep ( no Ecase update till now showing test invitation) and oath date was on the 29 September. everybody signed the form for the new bill before ceremony. a process of three hours that is leaving a smile on my face for two days now . Thanks for all the shared info and for those who run the forum and those are active sharing there knowledge . wish you all be welcomed in the Canadian family soon.