+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2014 Applicants

shaig

Feb 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dgoulding said:
We got our invite for test today! Family of 4, living in Montreal. Application sent Nov 12th, AOR Feb 9th. Test is scheduled for June 1st.
Anyone know roughly how long after the test the Oath is likely to be in Montreal? There was no mention of same day Oath in the invite letter. I've read on here that it can be between 6 weeks to 4 months, but wondered if anyone had recent experience!
Better get revising! Exciting times.... ;D
Congratulations! We have very similar timelines and also in Montreal so fingers crossed we'll get ours soon too! Did your e-cas get updated at the same time as receiving the letter? Also please let us know how the process went on your test date. Good luck!

trunorth

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mississauga Office tracker is now available at

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vJUMhn8aXYriCjVjvmH4nXlypYT4GyqU5Nb78fPjOLg/edit?pli=1#gid=0

broadwayeast

Apr 15, 2015
Nov 06 said:
Congrats for everyone wrote the test. Hopefully everyone will get to the end of the tunnel shortly. Today, I called CIC to check if they received my RQ response and to inquire about my application. The agent was very nice ( unusual ). she informed me that the system doesn't show any update so far. Of course I failed to understand the reason of issuing me the RQ and my concern of unfair long time processing that we usually hear about. She confirmed to me that if the applicant submits all required documents within a time frame and have a good evidence of residence requirements, the case won't be delayed and will be processed in a timely manner. She stated that the delay usually happens when the applicant doesn't provided enough documentation or doesn't respond to letters within timeframe. Honestly, her response gave me a hope. I just want to share this with you and give honest applicants a hope...
Hi Nov 06, 2014

You indicated in the November, 2014 Worksheet stating that your Oath date will be taken place on June 20, 2015. As such, your overall processing time will be roughly just 7 months although you are the one who got an RQ as well.

Could you please kindly confirm it as this will at least signify some hope for anyone who has got an RQ and still awaiting a finalization of their citizenship files, many thanks.

Dgoulding

Dec 15, 2014
Congratulations! We have very similar timelines and also in Montreal so fingers crossed we'll get ours soon too! Did your e-cas get updated at the same time as receiving the letter? Also please let us know how the process went on your test date. Good luck!

No update to e-cas. Will update you once we've done the test for sure! Good luck to you too....hoping your invite arrives soon.

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
broadwayeast said:
Hi Nov 06, 2014

You indicated in the November, 2014 Worksheet stating that your Oath date will be taken place on June 20, 2015. As such, your overall processing time will be roughly just 7 months although you are the one who got an RQ as well.

Could you please kindly confirm it as this will at least signify some hope for anyone who has got an RQ and still awaiting a finalization of their citizenship files, many thanks.
Waw, it seems there is someone in this thread who has the ability to predict the future. Someone filled that on behalf of me by mistake... My apologies to put you down, but I’m still waiting after submitting my RQ documentations 2 months ago. No one knows his/her Oath date 2 months ahead!!!

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Any new test invites from Scarborough? I seems to me that everyday, this forum is getting more quiet maybe because there is nothing much to update due to nothing much is moving in local offices... :(

JM-Nov

Mar 11, 2015
Guys,

For those who have written the test; can you please advise a practice test site that you found closest to the type of questions you got in your test?

Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
JM-Nov said:
Guys,

For those who have written the test; can you please advise a practice test site that you found closest to the type of questions you got in your test?

Thanks
Read Discover Canada multiple times as that should be your only official source to pass the test. Don't fully rely on online tests. Online tests can help you a bit but not much (they are more for understanding the information)

pegasusyt

Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-11-2011
Med's Done....
22-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
This one, JM. http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/. About 90% of the questions I got asked were on this site.
Best of luck!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
CIC may change questions over the period of time and also there might be different set of question papers during the test. I would suggest everyone to read the "Discover Canada Book" properly (atleast 3-4 times). Online tests are more about learning information quickly. You can't simply rely on online tests to pass.

Blueridge

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo and now Newyork
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2009
AOR Received.
26-05-2009
File Transfer...
08-12-2009
Med's Request
01-03-2010
Med's Done....
05-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2010
Finished test at Mississauga today..It went well..They didn't give any oath letter , but mentioned that the oath could be at a special ceremony for Canada Day at Pearson airport on 29th June...Not sure how much time it takes to get the oat letter...

JM-Nov

Mar 11, 2015
Blueridge said:
Finished test at Mississauga today..It went well..They didn't give any oath letter , but mentioned that the oath could be at a special ceremony for Canada Day at Pearson airport on 29th June...Not sure how much time it takes to get the oat letter...

What kind of questions did they ask you during the interview? How long did it take you from getting in and out of the door. I ask because we will have to leave our 2 yrs old with a baby sitter

Thnx

Blueridge

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo and now Newyork
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2009
AOR Received.
26-05-2009
File Transfer...
08-12-2009
Med's Request
01-03-2010
Med's Done....
05-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2010
Entered office at 12.30 PM...It took 30 mins for them to verify the invitation letter/PR and explain about the test procedure etc..Test started approximately at 1 PM..I finished the test in less than 5 mins as it was easy...Interview took another 10-15 mins..I was out of the office by 1.40 PM..So it took almost 1 hr in total..

Officers were really friendly and asked basic questions about where I stay, work and family status etc...It was much easier than what I thought.

Blueridge

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo and now Newyork
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2009
AOR Received.
26-05-2009
File Transfer...
08-12-2009
Med's Request
01-03-2010
Med's Done....
05-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2010
He also verified the stamps in the passport and updated my application with some comments..there are some checkboxes..He selected Yes for first 3 and selected No for the last one..not sure what that means..