+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2014 Applicants

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
ar_fabrics said:
Congratulations .
Can you please update your application date & transfer date to Mississauga office .
Seems like Mississauga is moving while Scarborough slowed down... :(

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
ar_fabrics said:
Dear benk
Not at all Scarbrough is still fast.
Hi ar_fabrics...I am hoping that as well myself... However, didn't see a lot of test invites/oath invites from Scarborough lately though based on the recent updates from members here... But I am still hopeful things will pick up speed again :)

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
benk said:
Hi ar_fabrics...I am hoping that as well myself... However, didn't see a lot of test invites/oath invites from Scarborough lately though based on the recent updates from members here... But I am still hopeful things will pick up speed again :)
They're moving - got an RQ post-test (grrrrr). Sending everything they want back on Monday and hoping to get oath invite soon after and not have to go speak to a judge!

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
cec2011 said:
They're moving - got an RQ post-test (grrrrr). Sending everything they want back on Monday and hoping to get oath invite soon after and not have to go speak to a judge!
Hi cec2011... what did they request from u?...

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
benk said:
Hi cec2011... what did they request from u?...
Because they felt I had traveled too much out of Canada (mostly day trips and 2-3 days at a time, mostly during 2011) they ordered my CBSA report - and I had forgotten a trip because the stamp was not in my passport. So this put me at 1094 days as opposed to the 1095 days required. Which means that by the time CIC got my application in November I had met the requirement but why should they do the math and what do they care? haha.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cec2011 said:
Now that the citizenship officers have the power to make preliminary decisions on applications to recommend a "grant" or "RQ" or "see judge" to the citizenship judge, there is no absolute forecast on your case except the fact you got RQed. If the officer on your case is satisfied about your tie to Canada after receiving the RQ and a "grant" recommendation is made then no judge, otherwise interview with the judge shall be conducted with a delay according to your local office.

If I were you I'd send everything (like, everything everything) I have in hand to prove my tie and residence, and attach a letter to explain why I want to become a proud Canadian (e.g. volunteering works), so as to avoid an appointment with a judge.

Just my two cents, good luck.

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
jrjayl said:
Now that the citizenship officers have the power to make preliminary decisions on applications to recommend a "grant" or "RQ" or "see judge" to the citizenship judge, there is no absolute forecast on your case except the fact you got RQed. If the officer on your case is satisfied about your tie to Canada after receiving the RQ and a "grant" recommendation is made then no judge, otherwise interview with the judge shall be conducted with a delay according to your local office.

If I were you I'd send everything (like, everything everything) I have in hand to prove my tie and residence, and attach a letter to explain why I want to become a proud Canadian (e.g. volunteering works), so as to avoid an appointment with a judge.

Oh trust me I sent a novel! I also consulted with my friend who is an immigration lawyer. He knows the officer who is assigned to my case and stated he is firm but very fair and he still feels I'll get citizenship by Fall - we'll see though :)

They did not ask for anything beyond tax assessments, transcripts, a letter from my landlord, car insurance, etc, but I also included a letter, plane tickets, my new and improved residency calculator, photos of me when I was still living in the USA and wearing a Canadian flag as a toga, etc.

I'll be fine. ;)

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:

I'm not sure sending everything will speed up the process. I got Post Test RQ (very similar to your situation) and I only sent documents they asked. It was a question about a day trip I took and they were asking why it was missing in my calculator. I sent the explanation along with the US I-94 report (showing the entry for the same day) and got oath invite within 10 days. Remember the more document you sent means more time for them to go over.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
VAtoCA said:
I'm not sure sending everything will speed up the process. I got Post Test RQ (very similar to your situation) and I only sent documents they asked. It was a question about a day trip I took and they were asking why it was missing in my calculator. I sent the explanation along with the US I-94 report (showing the entry for the same day) and got oath invite within 10 days. Remember the more document you sent means more time for them to go over.
Was it CIT0520?

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear November Applicants
Just want to update JM-Nov got his test date 20th May. His file transferred to Mississauga office 3 March.

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
ar_fabrics said:
Dear November Applicants
Just want to update JM-Nov got his test date 20th May. His file transferred to Mississauga office 3 March.
Looks like Mississauga is moving... but how about Scarborough? :(

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
VAtoCA said:
That makes sense too! I'll go over everything with my lawyer friend before sending - I'm glad to know you got your oath invite 10 days after - gives me some cautious hope :)

JM-Nov

Mar 11, 2015
Hi,

I applied for the citizenship along with my wife & 10 yrs old son. I know that my son doesn't need to write a test but can anyone guide me what's going to be procedure for his citizenship grant. My wife & I have received the test invite.