krishnameister

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news here! :) : :D

Just checked my ecas & excited to see my test invite line for Mar 27th @ 10.15 am Scarborough office.

FYI, my file got transferred to Scarborough local office on Feb 3, 2015

Good luck to all waiting for test invite!

As per ecas, they sent me letter on Mar 12th, ao hopefully I will get the same in the early next week!

Looking for some advise here, In my travel histrory, there are few trips to US by road and for those I can seen only exit / out bound stamps ( US border ) but not any in bound stamps when I came back to Canada!

I didnt order any CBSA Report as of now , do you think its mandatory ?

Thx

jmak

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mediGOL said:
Jmak,
Which office was that Scarborough or Mississauga?
It's the Montreal (Guy-Favreau) office. Are they fast in processing RQs and applications?

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
Jmak,

I do not know about Montreal but the RQ makes delay , hopefully it will be fast in Montreal.

jmak said:
It's the Montreal (Guy-Favreau) office. Are they fast in processing RQs and applications?

seeno

Feb 11, 2015
my sister and her son (who is 19 years and applied on his own), sent their application at the same day , they live at the same address in Mississauga , they sent her file to Mississauga's office and her son to Scarborough office,
any clue of what's going on ?

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
I think most of Mississauga application will get the RQ as I could see in the charts, I do not know anybody from Mississauga got the test letter at this time, is there ?

seeno said:
my sister and her son (who is 19 years and applied on his own), sent their application at the same day , they live at the same address in Mississauga , they sent her file to Mississauga's office and her son to Scarborough office,
any clue of what's going on ?

arvind6365

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/02/2010
Nomination.....
16/04/2010
AOR Received.
16/04/2010
IELTS Request
15/03/2010
File Transfer...
01/09/2010
Med's Request
17/03/2011
Med's Done....
05/05/2011
Interview........
wevied off
Passport Req..
05/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2012
Hi Friend ,

I need your help. Today my citizenship application return to me due incomplete document.

I received letter stating like this:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This child's application for canadian citizenship was considered incomplete and was not processed and fee were not taken.The child's application and proof of payment are therefore returned to you for the following reason:

The foreign lanaguage document that have been translated are missing.we require copies of the foreign language documents and their translations.

Please could anyone help to know I need to repay the full fee for 3 person or only for Child fee? and I already send the translation document last time but i will dent orgiginal document copy of foreign lanaguage document and same translated which i attached first time. or i need to re translat it then send it back?

Please help me and confuse.

Thanks

Arvind

seeno

Feb 11, 2015
arvind6365 said:
Hi Friend ,

I need your help. Today my citizenship application return to me due incomplete document.

I received letter stating like this:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This child's application for canadian citizenship was considered incomplete and was not processed and fee were not taken.The child's application and proof of payment are therefore returned to you for the following reason:

The foreign lanaguage document that have been translated are missing.we require copies of the foreign language documents and their translations.

Please could anyone help to know I need to repay the full fee for 3 person or only for Child fee? and I already send the translation document last time but i will dent orgiginal document copy of foreign lanaguage document and same translated which i attached first time. or i need to re translat it then send it back?

Please help me and confuse.

Thanks

Arvind
I would pay just the child's part since they returned only his fees, they still have the rest of the family fees,
Regarding the translation part, if the translated copies were done with a licences translator in Ontario , I will send it again but make sure to send copies of the original documents with the tranlsation,
Hope that I helped you regarding this issue and good luck

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
Jmak,

But there is option that local office send you the RQ, right? then this theory about 10 days does not work, correct?

jmak said:
No, the next 10 days after the application started being in process.

My mother's application start on Feb 26, transferred to local office March 5. Then March 9, she received the RQ dated February 26...

jmak

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mediGOL said:
Jmak,

But there is option that local office send you the RQ, right? then this theory about 10 days does not work, correct?
I'm not sure, all I know is that my mother received the RQ dated Feb 26, on ecas her application started processing on Feb 26, then transferred to Montreal on March 5.

What I think is that the officers in Sydney have some criterias about who to send RQs to, then they transfer the application to local office to study the RQ.

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
Then The RQ could be issue either on the Sydney or local office. It means that many gates are available, have you seen any case that local office issue the RQ recently.

jmak said:
I'm not sure, all I know is that my mother received the RQ dated Feb 26, on ecas her application started processing on Feb 26, then transferred to Montreal on March 5.

What I think is that the officers in Sydney have some criterias about who to send RQs to, then they transfer the application to local office to study the RQ.

PurpleLilly

Apr 17, 2012
Hi, so you didn't have an interview after the test was done?

cecapplied said:
hello all, sharing my test experience

i had my test today at scarborough. there were about 25 - 30 people for the test.

after entering, the security guard asks you for your yellow paper. he sees it and then returns it back to you. he then asks you to wait over there, there are chairs lined up.

about 15 minutes before your test time, the officials ask you to enter the test room.

the officials provide instructions on the next step of actions and how to write the test.

the test is easy if you have read the discover canada booklet at least 2 or 3 times.

i was not given a oath letter on the spot, was advised it will be sent by mail to me.

hope this experience helps others.

good luck and now the wait for oath letter begins.

cecapplied

PurpleLilly

Apr 17, 2012
Hi, Did you reicieve a copy of the test letter via email as well? I'm jut worried that with such short timeline if i'm away on vacation or just not checking my mailbox often I will miss this letter! Granted will make an effort to be more diligent with my mail box but just in case! at least If i recieve an email then I know the letter will soon be in the mail. Please confirm thanks! and congrats on your test date!! :)

cec2011 said:
ECAS Updated today!

We sent you a notice on March 10, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 25, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

YAAAAY!

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes, i had an interview after the test. the interview was simple, all i was asked was what i did

the officer checked all the 3 ids (health+pr+dl) and asked for passports

matched the entry exit records on pp with the residenc calculatror printout

PurpleLilly said:
Hi, so you didn't have an interview after the test was done?

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you dont recieve any email. the update on ecas is also couple of days after you recieve the physical letter.

i recieved the letter on monday, my ecas was updated on wednesday .. i had my test scheduled for friday

make sure you regularly check both ecas and mail box

if you notice my times above, they are really tight and close

cecapplied

PurpleLilly said:
Hi, Did you reicieve a copy of the test letter via email as well? I'm jut worried that with such short timeline if i'm away on vacation or just not checking my mailbox often I will miss this letter! Granted will make an effort to be more diligent with my mail box but just in case! at least If i recieve an email then I know the letter will soon be in the mail. Please confirm thanks! and congrats on your test date!! :)