November 2013 Citizenship Application

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drpno said:
Hi everyone,

Just passing by to say that I had my test yesterday here in Montreal.

Test was pretty easy. Just read the book and do the online tests and you will be more than ok. I scored 20/20

For the interview just basic questions, more like a easy and smooth chat. The woman that was looking my docs just checked some stamps, I didn't need to give the copies of the docs they ask, because they were already there on my file. I guess its more for people that dont send or if they have lost :p

No oath date yet, she said 1-4 months, lets see if things go fast for the oath too :)

I will update the spreadsheet in a few!

Good luck all :)
congraz! whats link the spreedsheet

peoples_champ

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Had test on July 25- After test, interviewer checked my passport for stamps to ensure they match with the entry/exit dates in my passport. Confirmed information that was in the citizenship application that I filed.

I was given Oath letter for July 31.

Today, went for oath ceremony, they took the PR card away and after the oath, got the citizenship certificate.
Clerk said to wait until Tuesday before applying for passport as it takes 2 business days to update the systems.

GOOD LUCK to ALL WHO ARE WAITING and CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO BECAME CITIZENS TODAY>.....

sagi

Mar 20, 2014
Thats it:)
Took oath yesterday at 1.00pm Mississauga Glen Erin CIC center.
System will be updated with in two business days...and ready to apply for passport.
CANADIAN!!!

I wish all the applicants in this forum " all the best" and time to say bye.

I appreciate efforts of Moderator. Thank you very much.

toronto0725

Jul 25, 2014
Hello, In the citizenship test... can someone tell if the questions related with historical dates also come ? I am reading the guide and its very hard to remember years etc -

Can someone please help in this regard. Thanks

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Received line disappeared 2 days ago.. it seems the file started processing.
Montreal office.. the slowest in Canada.. :mad:

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto0725 said:
Hello, In the citizenship test... can someone tell if the questions related with historical dates also come ? I am reading the guide and its very hard to remember years etc -

Can someone please help in this regard. Thanks
We are not allowed to disclose any content from the test. However, I can assure you that there will not be any dates.

StephenB2556

Jan 31, 2014
Update: November 2013 Citizenship Application

[Updated 5-Aug 2014]

Timeline for Sydney, NS:

Mailed citizenship application: Nov 12, 2013
Application received at CIC (signature): Nov 15, 2013
AOR letter datestamp: 31-Jan-2014
In process (eCas): 01-Feb-2014
AOR/Booklet received: 19-Feb-2014
Notice to appear to write citizenship test and for verification of documents: 31-Jul-2014
Citizenship test: 15-Aug-2014

... waiting

====
Stephen Bottcher
Cambridge, ON

AmPal

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hallo everyone and congratulations,

I am July 2014 applicant and sent my application 2 weeks before. There is no reply from CIC yet. When I sent my application I forgot to write "N/A" where it was not applicable. So, my questions are -

1. will CIC send my application back?
2. if yes, after how long they will send it back?
3. shall I send them another application with a letter and request them to consider my new application?

Please help

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
AmPal said:
Hallo everyone and congratulations,

I am July 2014 applicant and sent my application 2 weeks before. There is no reply from CIC yet. When I sent my application I forgot to write "N/A" where it was not applicable. So, my questions are -

1. will CIC send my application back?
2. if yes, after how long they will send it back?
3. shall I send them another application with a letter and request them to consider my new application?

Please help
just wait for CIC.....if you send a new application it may get more complicated.
one important things.....FORGET ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION. all you need to do is to check your profile on the CIC website. CIC are processing application faster in some regions.
Good luck to you Ampal.

hadal

Dec 13, 2010
Hey Guys,

Here is my timeline. My local office is Montreal

Mailed citizenship application: Nov 05, 2013
Application received at CIC (signature): Nov 08, 2013
In process (eCas): 29-Jan-2014
AOR/Booklet received: 17-Feb-2014
Local office transfer: 02-June-2014

I called CIC today for the first time and they told me that my file has been transfered to Montreal office on June 02. I have not received any communication from Montreal's office yet! Is this normal?

Anybody knows about Montreal's office timelines? How long more should I wait? Is my case still regular? They have not asked me for any more documents. CIC agent told me that I am on exam waiting list and I should expect to receive the test invitation around October 2015!!! Why this should take so long? ...

Thanks,
Hadal

radrun

Jun 13, 2014
That sounds about right for the Montreal's office. I applied in Jan 2014... "Received" line removed early to mid july.... , likewise no questions, no demand for documents.. and CIC agent mentioned that everything seems to be fine just waiting in line to be asked for a test. So, I guess your case is normal then.

hadal

Dec 13, 2010
radrun said:
That sounds about right for the Montreal's office. I applied in Jan 2014... "Received" line removed early to mid july.... , likewise no questions, no demand for documents.. and CIC agent mentioned that everything seems to be fine just waiting in line to be asked for a test. So, I guess your case is normal then.
My received line can still be seen in ecas! I don't know if it has been disappeared at some point or not! But in your case was it removed permanently or you can still see it now?

I have some friends who have applied in September or October 2013 and their test was either in May or June 2014! That's why I got a bit worried and called CIC and understood that my file has been transfered to Montreal's office on June 02, 2014. So 2.5 months in local office with no action (could be because of vacation period)! I'm just worried if I get an RQ and then my application will get long for no reason!

I hope we hear some good news for applicants from Montreal soon!

Have a nice Weekend!

radrun

Jun 13, 2014
hadal said:
My received line can still be seen in ecas! I don't know if it has been disappeared at some point or not! But in your case was it removed permanently or you can still see it now?

I have some friends who have applied in September or October 2013 and their test was either in May or June 2014! That's why I got a bit worried and called CIC and understood that my file has been transfered to Montreal's office on June 02, 2014. So 2.5 months in local office with no action (could be because of vacation period)! I'm just worried if I get an RQ and then my application will get long for no reason!

I hope we hear some good news for applicants from Montreal soon!

Have a nice Weekend!

Well, there is no universal rule, but in my case, there used to be two lines "Received" and "In process". The first one disappeared sometime in July, and I took it as a sign that my file has been transferred. To avoid confusion, when i click on "In Process", the line telling me when the application was received is still there, in case that's what you meant...

I am sure you will have your test sometime in late August or early September, don't worry about it... I think the Montreal's office is kinda understaffed ... who knows , eh!

Good luck to you and everyone else!

hadal

Dec 13, 2010
radrun said:
Well, there is no universal rule, but in my case, there used to be two lines "Received" and "In process". The first one disappeared sometime in July, and I took it as a sign that my file has been transferred. To avoid confusion, when i click on "In Process", the line telling me when the application was received is still there, in case that's what you meant...

I am sure you will have your test sometime in late August or early September, don't worry about it... I think the Montreal's office is kinda understaffed ... who knows , eh!

Good luck to you and everyone else!
Thanks radrun for the clarification. I started looking into my ecas only from mid-July. So, by that time the received line was already gone I suppose.

Yes, when I click on the underlined "In process", I do see the received date of my application and the processing start date but that's it! No exam been scheduled yet!

I have planned to give the CIC a call once a month to see if everything is normal! Any news from November Montreal's applicants? In my case, it's a family application from Montreal.

Thanks,
Hadal

cic8888

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
hadal,
My file got transferred to Montral june 1st week and was give test Aug 14 2014.
you are close to receive a test date I hope. Good luck.