Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Application received-Nov 8, 2013
Started processing-Jan, 30, 2014
Citizenship test-June 26, 2014

I think Vancouver office is slower than other offices...

Suzy967

Jan 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesterday I received the red oath invitation letter (It is not pink) for myself Smiley
I have two questions:
1., I applied for my daughter also, who is minor (16 years old). I didn't received a separate invitation letter for her, and I have no instruction in my oath invitation letter regarding her oath. Do you know guys if a minor children will receive a separate invitation letter? (Her E-cas is updated, showing same day and hour like my oath.)
2., The guests who are coming to our oath ceremony should they bring any ID with them, somebody will check?

anne1234

Apr 21, 2014
Suzy967 said:
Yesterday I received the red oath invitation letter (It is not pink) for myself Smiley
I have two questions:
1., I applied for my daughter also, who is minor (16 years old). I didn't received a separate invitation letter for her, and I have no instruction in my oath invitation letter regarding her oath. Do you know guys if a minor children will receive a separate invitation letter? (Her E-cas is updated, showing same day and hour like my oath.)
2., The guests who are coming to our oath ceremony should they bring any ID with them, somebody will check?

I think you need to call them, because your daughter is already 16 yrs old. Its mandatory for 14yrs old and above to attend the oath-taking. They will definitely ask for the oath invitation before she gets inside the room.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Hello Everyone,

Good news. I received the notice to appear and take the oath for Citizenship on Wednesday. I didn't get the chance to update my info here since then so apologize for this delay

Here is a reminder of my detailed timeline :

- Sydney received my file on November 4th, 2013
- ECAS showed " in process" + " Received" lines on January 28th,2014 (In Process)
-" Received" live disappeared on March 2nd, 2014
- Called CIC on March 4th, 2014 to check status when I noticed that the received line disappeared and they said : Your file is on its way to your local office ( St John's Newfoundland)

- Called CIC on March 17, and was informed that my file had been transferred to St John's office on March 4th, 2014.
- CIC sent me a notice dated March 31st, 2014 to write the Citizenship test on April 17th, 2014.
- I called CIC on May 6th, 2014 and my test results had not been updated in the system.
- I called CIC on May 20th and was informed that my test results had been updated in the system.
- CIC sent me a notice dated June 16th, 2014 to appear and take the oath for Citizenship on July 8th, in St John's Newfoundland.

Wishing you all a speedy process and thanks for the information you have all provided me.

My experience: please take CBSA reports, Notice of assessments, and stamps translated when you go for your interview. It was very handy...

Mrbravo

peoples_champ

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CONGRATULATIONS to ALL ON GETTING YOUR EXAM DATES AND/OR OATH DATES :)
:D

I am still waiting to hear on my case. I called few times to CIC but every time I get the same response that it is too early to check and regular time is 2 years. :(

I reside in Mississauga; therefore, I think my office will be Mississauga as well.

Looks like Mississauga office is very slow....

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ARE WAITING!!!

saywisdom

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbravo said:
Hello Everyone,

Good news. I received the notice to appear and take the oath for Citizenship on Wednesday. I didn't get the chance to update my info here since then so apologize for this delay

Here is a reminder of my detailed timeline :

- Sydney received my file on November 4th, 2013
- ECAS showed " in process" + " Received" lines on January 28th,2014 (In Process)
-" Received" live disappeared on March 2nd, 2014
- Called CIC on March 4th, 2014 to check status when I noticed that the received line disappeared and they said : Your file is on its way to your local office ( St John's Newfoundland)
- Called CIC on March 17, and was informed that my file had been transferred to St John's office on March 4th, 2014.
- CIC sent me a notice dated March 31st, 2014 to write the Citizenship test on April 17th, 2014.
- I called CIC on May 6th, 2014 and my test results had been updated in the system.
- I called CIC on May 20th and was informed that my test results had been updated in the system.
- CIC sent me a notice dated June 16th, 2014 to appear and take the oath for Citizenship on July 8th, in St John's Newfoundland.

Wishing you all a speedy process and thanks for the information you have all provided me.

My experience: please take CBSA reports, Notice of assessments, and stamps translated when you go for your interview. It was very handy...

Mrbravo
Congrats mrbravo and thanks for the detailed timeline :)
Personally, I do see " in process" + " Received" in my ECAS and when I called this week, I was told that my file still in Sydney ??? I don't understand why it still there !!!?

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
saywisdom said:
Congrats mrbravo and thanks for the detailed timeline :)
Personally, I do see " in process" + " Received" in my ECAS and when I called this week, I was told that my file still in Sydney ??? I don't understand why it still there !!!?
Have you submitted any extra document ts with your initial application such as NOA or a cover letter or an employment letter? This speeds up the application big time. Whoever says that it doesn't on this thread is mistaken.

saywisdom

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbravo said:
Have you submitted any extra document ts with your initial application such as NOA or a cover letter or an employment letter? This speeds up the application big time. Whoever says that it doesn't on this thread is mistaken.
Unfortunately no, I just followed the instructions and they clearly mentioned to not add any other documents...
Honestly, I m so disappointed :(

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbravo said:
Speed is related to office location.. I submitted mine same as you, my file is still on the shelf in Sydney. Because my office is Montreal.. It will pile dust for another 3 month for sure there

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Michels said:
Speed is related to office location.. I submitted mine same as you, my file is still on the shelf in Sydney. Because my office is Montreal.. It will pile dust for another 3 month for sure there
Not really, many people from Montreal have had their files transferred really quick. Again I believe that sending extra documents will speed up the process. I have seen this happening for myself, 2 other friends who their office is Calgary. I was also informed the same by the CIC officer during the interview. Another point is that in the test notification, they never mentioned the stamps on my passport require translations. However, this was the most important thing. One person during my interview was let go because he didn't have the translation. He argued with the officer that this wasnt mentioned in the notofication. Again guys be smarter and well prepared.. Once the new law comes into effect, all those documents will be clearly required and mentioned in the test notification.

Hope this helps

sampao10

Nov 21, 2013
My case started in process on Feb. 11 and the "received"line disappeared sometime around April 20. I called them 2 weeks ago and was advised that my application was still in Sydney.

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbravo said:
Not really, many people from Montreal have had their files transferred really quick. Again I believe that sending extra documents will speed up the process. I have seen this happening for myself, 2 other friends who their office is Calgary. I was also informed the same by the CIC officer during the interview. Another point is that in the test notification, they never mentioned the stamps on my passport require translations. However, this was the most important thing. One person during my interview was let go because he didn't have the translation. He argued with the officer that this wasnt mentioned in the notofication. Again guys be smarter and well prepared.. Once the new law comes into effect, all those documents will be clearly required and mentioned in the test notification.

Hope this helps
I sent in addition all my Tax assessments, T4s and employment letter.. Been employed since day 1.
So all this again is subjective, in General Montreal start processing after 8-12 month.. Check the timelines

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
sampao10 said:
My case started in process on Feb. 11 and the "received"line disappeared sometime around April 20. I called them 2 weeks ago and was advised that my application was still in Sydney.
If you call them this week, your file will very likelybe in the local office or in ttransit. Once received line disappeared, your file is being prepared for transfer.

CharlottePEI

May 13, 2014
pie_vancouver said:
Application received-Nov 8, 2013
Started processing-Jan, 30, 2014
Citizenship test-June 26, 2014

I think Vancouver office is slower than other offices...
I think Halifax is slower than Vancouver.

Application received October 30th (see almost November)
Started processing March 11th
(No need for test as over 55)
No updates, no changes .. single applicant.

Waiting is wearisome.