+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2013 Citizenship Application

sampao10

Nov 21, 2013
timbermere said:
Finally i see an update on E-CAS as well.

Updated as of this morning.

"We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 21, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 21, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 6, 2014."
--------------------------

Thanks!
Hi, Timber,
my application was received on November 21st too. I just checked 30 mins ago, nothing on it. Did you use your 8 digits uci to check it or what?

konkani

Nov 25, 2013
Wow…Nov 21st applicants are getting ECAS updates. My application reached 29th Nov. so may be couple of weeks more for me.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
timbermere said:
Finally i see an update on E-CAS as well.

Updated as of this morning.

"We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 21, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 21, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 6, 2014."

Thanks!
Great news, guys. My app was received on November 20th. No update for me either.

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Mine was on the 25th. Also no news. Guys do you think it's a fare assumption that if they were to return the file as incomplete it would return max within 2 months? Has anyone heard or experienced longer return periods?

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
RussCan said:
Mine was on the 25th. Also no news. Guys do you think it's a fare assumption that if they were to return the file as incomplete it would return max within 2 months? Has anyone heard or experienced longer return periods?
yes your assumption is 100% correct. A friend of mine applied early December (December 5th or 6th can't remember exactly) and his application was returned to him on January 23rd. it takes no more than 50 days until you get it back. Also i read somewhere on another thread, an applicant that her application was returned on Feb 5th and she applied on Dec 27th. I think you are good

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
mrbravo said:
yes your assumption is 100% correct. A friend of mine applied early December (December 5th or 6th can't remember exactly) and his application was returned to him on January 23rd. it takes no more than 50 days until you get it back. Also i read somewhere on another thread, an applicant that her application was returned on Feb 5th and she applied on Dec 27th. I think you are good
Thanks for your feedback.

konkani

Nov 25, 2013
Wow…If they haven't returned our application then we did a good job. Now waiting is part of this process.

sara.j

May 26, 2013
Hi every one ,here's my time line ,

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 15, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 15, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 4, 2014.

timbermere

Sep 14, 2013
Hi Sampao10,

I used my client id from the PR card. Nothing had shown up until yesterday morning other than the previous PR card renewal status
of last year. As of yesterday morning, using the same cliend it, i see the second entry for the citizenship application.

Until i saw that, i kept thinking i am not using the correct id to check it :) but it will show up when there is an update.

Good luck!

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
STATUS CHANGED TO DECISION MADE ON JULY 1ST
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
sara.j said:
Hi every one ,here's my time line ,

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 15, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 15, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 4, 2014.

I applied in november 5 and it reached office on Nov 7 . Did not hear anything from them .......i called last month she said they are processing september applications and i need to call after 2 months . I am not sure if this has happened to me only or anyone else experienced this .

I am planning to call next month. But wanted to check in this forum that most of you have some kind of reply. But no reply for my case what might have happened ?

konkani

Nov 25, 2013
PKAKULA
Call CIC again and you should get some update. Seems like they have updated ECAS unto 21st Nov.

sampao10

Nov 21, 2013
konkani said:
PKAKULA
Call CIC again and you should get some update. Seems like they have updated ECAS unto 21st Nov.
-------------------
not yet, some applications before 21st have not seen any updates, mine was received on 21st and no updates.

sara.j

May 26, 2013
Hi Pkakula,
I called them 2 days ago ,the operator told me they're entering the first week of Nov.Don't worry !you will see your update one of these days.

swindsor2010

Feb 9, 2014
Hi everyone!
I'm new to this forum, just wanna share my situation:

Nova Scotia received my application for citizenship on November 8, 2013 (confirmed by Fedex). Up until today I got nothing in the mail. I'm expecting the acknowledgement letter + study book. I followed timbermere comment and typed my client ID from my COPR in the On-Line Services website and boom: It reads the following:

1) We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 8, 2013.

2) We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 8, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3) We started processing your application on January 27, 2014.

Today is Feb 9, 2014. Should I assume the letter acknowledging receipt of the application + study book is just lots in the mail??? If I call them do they re-send that stuff?

Thanks!