+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2013 Citizenship Application

sampao10

Nov 21, 2013
I just passed my test at Scarborough office yesterday, but was not delivered the oath letter right away( I saw someone mentioned he got the letter right away from the interview on this forum). So I wondering is it just me or most of us will still have to wait for the letter in stead of getting it on the test day.

Have a good weekend!

saywisdom

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sampao10 said:
I just passed my test at Scarborough office yesterday, but was not delivered the oath letter right away( I saw someone mentioned he got the letter right away from the interview on this forum). So I wondering is it just me or most of us will still have to wait for the letter in stead of getting it on the test day.

Have a good weekend!
Have you got any RQ before your test ?
I read as well that people with routine application start to get oath invitation right after the test in Scarborough

sampao10

Nov 21, 2013
saywisdom said:
Have you got any RQ before your test ?
I read as well that people with routine application start to get oath invitation right after the test in Scarborough
No, I did not get the RQ before the test.

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
saywisdom said:
Finally I received my test invitation :D
congratulations saywisdom. I wish you the best and to receive the letter the same day. good luck

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
hello everyone, I'm back to share my news. I am a proud canadian citizen!!!! I took the oath this afternoon at Mississauga and the ceremenony was amazing.
just to answer to sampao10, I got a RQ before test but still I received the oath letter after the interview last week.
So I dont know how they decide who should receive the letter on immediate maner and who should wait.
just keep on being positive

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Michels said:
You're from MTL hoping_canadian, this was fast! felicitations!.. I have the same submission date but no test yet, can you share your timelines?
hello Michels, do you have some news?

saywisdom

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just as an update, I passed my test exam and got the perfect score... (Scarborough TC)
I went through the interview and it was very fast (about 5 min). I was told that my RQ wasn't reviewed yet and my file will be transferred to St-Claire for that. When I asked about the time frame, I was told they have no idea as I have the pre-test RQ.
Hopefully I won't take forever...Now back to the sleep mode...

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you think why you have got RQ?

saywisdom said:
Just as an update, I passed my test exam and got the perfect score... (Scarborough TC)
I went through the interview and it was very fast (about 5 min). I was told that my RQ wasn't reviewed yet and my file will be transferred to St-Claire for that. When I asked about the time frame, I was told they have no idea as I have the pre-test RQ.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many addresses means three four ?

I don't think relocation affects the file , maybe so many trips is a better reasoning , isn't it?

saywisdom said:
I guess it's due my travels and I had many addresses in Canada...

saywisdom

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sazamizi said:
Many addresses means three four ?

I don't think relocation affects the file , maybe so many trips is a better reasoning , isn't it?
I m not sure about the affect of changing the addresses... It was just a guess (I had 6 addresses). However, traveling a lot may get you the RQ

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fair enough !
Thanks,

saywisdom said:
I m not sure about the affect of changing the addresses... It was just a guess (I had 6 addresses). However, traveling a lot may get you the RQ

hadal

Dec 13, 2010
Hey guys,

Finally, this journey came to an end for me and my wife. We had our exam and citizenship both yesterday at Montreal office. The exam was very easy and we both got 20/20. Then we were guided to another room where we were interviewed by an immigration officer. He asked couple of questions regarding our jobs and checked our passports and then gave us Canada pins and a book containing some further information about Canada.

Then, he asked us to stay in the same room where later the citizenship ceremony was held. After we took the oath of citizenship, we were given the Canadian citizenship certificates and the ceremony was over. We were advised to wait two days before applying for passports.

The whole process was smooth and enjoyable and everything was done in less than 3 hours.

Good luck everybody with your citizenship journey.
Hadal

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
saywisdom said:
Oh Iam sorry to hear that. I keep my fingers crossed for you.I hope they will reviewed it very soon.
Keep the faith

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if there is anyone waiting for oath in Ottawa? My application was recd on the 12th. AOR recd on February 3, I think. In June I got a letter for Fingerprinting then another one for the test date scheduled on Sept 8. Recd a RQ letter after the test a month ago. Now, I'm waiting for the oath.
During the interview the judge mentioned it's 4 months to oath in Ottawa. So, I'm curious to know from others experience.