November 2013 Citizenship Application

peoples_champ

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC today to get an update on my file...

I was told that it is only 6 months and average case take 24 months to complete. :(

So after requesting again for an update she informed that there is no movement on the file and the status is still the same. She has no more information regarding my case :(.

When I asked her is it possible to tell which office my file is in since the status shows case in process since Feb. She said she cannot give that information :(

A little down but still hopeful that I will receive some kind of an update this month like all my other Nov applicants.

Thanks.

Suzy967

Jan 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing yet. My application is in process from February 12. Received line disappeared few days ago. That's all :) Waiting...

sagi

Mar 20, 2014
Hey guys,

Received line dis-appeared from my Estatus.
shows only in-process line. In-process since Feb 5th 2014
I hope this change is for GOOD:)....at least gives an update that someone is working on the application:)
Friends any updates similar to me?

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received the test letter on April 15, and had my test/interview today, April 30 @ 9:30 at CIC Halifax.

I got 20/20 on the test, and interview went very smoothly.

I arrived 40 minutes earlier. I was nervous so I used that time to relax.

Once in the test room it took me about 5 minutes to answer the questions and double check them.
Since I was the first to finish the test, I got called for the interview right away.
The officer was a very nice lady, quite talkative, which made the interview very relaxing and enjoyable. She went over every document(photocopies) I had initially submitted with my application, and asked to see the originals. We talked about random subjects and travel, she was especially interested about a trip I made to a Scandinavia country, where she wants to go.

After all the checking was over, she said my file was going to be reviewed by a judge and that if they are satisfied with it I should receive the Oath notice within the next couple of months.

Now waiting for the last leg of this race.. haha
Good luck everyone.

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
boasorte said:
I received the test letter on April 15, and had my test/interview today, April 30 @ 9:30 at CIC Halifax.

I got 20/20 on the test, and interview went very smoothly.

I arrived 40 minutes earlier. I was nervous so I used that time to relax.

Once in the test room it took me about 5 minutes to answer the questions and double check them.
Since I was the first to finish the test, I got called for the interview right away.
The officer was a very nice lady, quite talkative, which made the interview very relaxing and enjoyable. She went over every document(photocopies) I had initially submitted with my application, and asked to see the originals. We talked about random subjects and travel, she was especially interested about a trip I made to a Scandinavia country, where she wants to go.

After all the checking was over, she said my file was going to be reviewed by a judge and that if they are satisfied with it I should receive the Oath notice within the next couple of months.

Now waiting for the last leg of this race.. haha
Good luck everyone.
Congratulations!! I think you are going to be among those taking the oath on May 15th. :D

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cha2 said:
Congratulations!! I think you are going to be among those taking the oath on May 15th. :D
Thanks, Cha.
Well, I am not really counting on that. I have never been able to make accurate predictions with CIC. Haha

bobisnoob

May 1, 2014
boasorte said:
Thanks, Cha.
Well, I am not really counting on that. I have never been able to make accurate predictions with CIC. Haha
Congrats boasorte. I'm just wondering, did you get the test letter by mail before your ecas's updated or vice verse?

Thanks.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bobisnoob said:
Congrats boasorte. I'm just wondering, did you get the test letter by mail before your ecas's updated or vice verse?

Thanks.
Thanks!
Yes. Letter came first, then e-CAS was updated couple days after.

BlueCastle

Apr 10, 2014
Hello Everybody! :)
I guess good news are coming. I've just spoke with an agent and she told me my application has been transferred to the local office (Scarborough) on April 26. eCas received line disappeared one month ago. I think there is a trend between the line disappearance and the application transfer.
Good luck,

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BlueCastle said:
Any Idea, how long it will take for the test notice?
I don't think anyone will be able to exactly answer your question. However, you may want to take a look at some other cases being processed in Scarborough. Here: <a href=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArnuR0El8SEtdEhMS0dQNEQwVXppZ3VDdWNsVlM0TXc&usp=sharing#gid=0>Citizenship Timeline</a>
Hopefully this will give a brief idea on waiting times for that office.

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
mrbravo said:
Hello Cha2,

Have you heard anything about the oath?
Hello Mrbravo,

I have not heard anything but I think we are going to have our oath on June 9th :D :D. The CIC citizenship ceremony website was just updated this morning which included a date for St. John's.
I am so hopeful we will be "in the number". Let's keep our eyes wide open on our mail boxes and Ecas ;)