VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
One more day with out ppr..

bforrester21

Mar 26, 2012
I have a question for y'all.

My CEC Visa is valid until May 30th 2015. Is it possible to enter Canada before then, activate it and then leave for a year before going back to live there permanently? Only, I want to get a little more experience in my current job before settling there for good. But, I don't want to risk losing the Visa....

Cheers!

emeo

Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28th November, 2013
Doc's Request.
25th June, 2014
AOR Received.
15th January, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
11th June, 2014
Med's Done....
17th June, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt, CoPR 7th November, 2014
LANDED..........
13th November 2014
sh12 said:
Hey guys!

I've been a silent lurker on this forum for weeks now, refreshing multiple times a day hoping that someone, anyone, gets some good news which means the rest of us might hear from CIC soon as well. Unfortunately, to this day, we have only had silence from their end. I'm so frustrated and anxious right now that I had to open up an account to write out my thoughts to my fellow sufferers.

I am leaving Canada in exactly 30 days, and I did my medicals back in May, they were sent from my doctor's clinic to CIC on June 4th, and my ECAS status has recently been updated to "Medical Received". This is SO frustrating since just a few months ago, people were receiving their PPRs within a few days of doing their medicals and I've been carrying around my passport in my purse since June, thinking that any day now I'd get the email.

I don't know where the officials are but it is extremely unfair to keep so many people waiting at their mercy. If people go on holiday, there should be replacements working on our cases. So many of our crucial life decisions depend on this paper and we have all worked hard to establish ourselves in Canada and have slaved away at this application process.

I am praying that we all get some good news soon. Thank you for all those that have been updating their statuses, giving suggestions to others and being encouraging.

All the best.

Hi,
I really admire your post and know exactly how you feel.
I am here in Canada waiting for these papers and my fiance had to leave because his Visa expired and the LMO did not come through in time.
I feel hopeless and have decided that if this whole process isn't done by the 28th November 2015, I will leave Canada forever.
I just don't think this is worth it anymore, we are a young, educated couple with professional work experience and do not even have a parking ticket but yet I feel like a piece of dirt with the lack of contact from CIC.

This has been the most horrible 9 months of my life and had I properly checked into the whole process I probably would have never started it and just left Canada last year.

I do appreciate CIC are busy, but seriously lets face it, they take their time with every process they do not just PR applications.

It has tarnished our Canadian experience.
We have been very unlucky because I probably wouldn't mind the wait so much if my fiance's LMO came through but even then I think
the lack of updates and contact that CIC make is completely unfair and I think they are forgotten that they completely affect the applicants life decisions.

Anyways just thought I should let you know that you are not alone :)

emeo

Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28th November, 2013
Doc's Request.
25th June, 2014
AOR Received.
15th January, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
11th June, 2014
Med's Done....
17th June, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
13th November 2014
emeo said:
Hi,
I really admire your post and know exactly how you feel.
I am here in Canada waiting for these papers and my fiance had to leave because his Visa expired and the LMO did not come through in time.
I feel hopeless and have decided that if this whole process isn't done by the 28th November 2015, I will leave Canada forever.
I just don't think this is worth it anymore, we are a young, educated couple with professional work experience and do not even have a parking ticket but yet I feel like a piece of dirt with the lack of contact from CIC.

This has been the most horrible 9 months of my life and had I properly checked into the whole process I probably would have never started it and just left Canada last year.

I do appreciate CIC are busy, but seriously lets face it, they take their time with every process they do not just PR applications.

It has tarnished our Canadian experience.
We have been very unlucky because I probably wouldn't mind the wait so much if my fiance's LMO came through but even then I think
the lack of updates and contact that CIC make is completely unfair and I think they are forgotten that they completely affect the applicants life decisions.

Anyways just thought I should let you know that you are not alone :)
Whoops I meant 28th November 2014

flapmyp

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
emeo said:
Whoops I meant 28th November 2014
ur fiance could have applied for BOWP , just hang in there ure almost there, processing time is 13 months, n its only been 9 months. patience , just cuz some got it early doesnt mean all will get it .

emeo

Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28th November, 2013
Doc's Request.
25th June, 2014
AOR Received.
15th January, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
11th June, 2014
Med's Done....
17th June, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
13th November 2014
flapmyp said:
ur fiance could have applied for BOWP , just hang in there ure almost there, processing time is 13 months, n its only been 9 months. patience , just cuz some got it early doesnt mean all will get it .
Thanks, I'm trying to be patient but this week I think all my patience is gone :)

Unfortunately we did not receive the AOR before his Visa expired so he could not get the BOWP.
Thanks for the words of advice.

What's your ECAS status?
I read yesterday that the CPC e-mail address may have changed, not sure if it is true though.

emeo

Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28th November, 2013
Doc's Request.
25th June, 2014
AOR Received.
15th January, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
11th June, 2014
Med's Done....
17th June, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
13th November 2014
bforrester21 said:
I have a question for y'all.

My CEC Visa is valid until May 30th 2015. Is it possible to enter Canada before then, activate it and then leave for a year before going back to live there permanently? Only, I want to get a little more experience in my current job before settling there for good. But, I don't want to risk losing the Visa....

Cheers!
I am not sure but I think you have to at least wait until you get the PR card mailed to you.
From what I understand it can take 3 months after you cross the border and activate your PR for your PR card to be mailed to you.

I think after you have the PR card you can leave and come back whenever you want.
Bare in mind you have to be in Canada from 2 out of 5 years to be able to renew PR status after the 5 years are up, or 3 of 5 years if you wish to apply for citizenship.

If I were you, I would activate PR and wait for PR card before leaving, but its up to you.

jasminep

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Nov 2013
AOR Received.
12 Jan 2014
Med's Request
06 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
12 Jun 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
21-Nov-2014
@November applicants

Any update on any front?

emeo

Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28th November, 2013
Doc's Request.
25th June, 2014
AOR Received.
15th January, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
11th June, 2014
Med's Done....
17th June, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
13th November 2014
jasminep said:
@ November applicants

Any update on any front?
Nope, there seems to be no movement.
I think they are completely forgotten about some Sept, Oct and Nov applicants.

I wonder is the entire CEC PR department on vacation since the end of July.

JijaG

Jul 10, 2014
@Jasmine - thanks for ur earlier replies.

I just emailed cic yesterday and asked out of the blue, if my RPRF was received or not………..i asked this because I had paid upfront RPRF without any email from cic.

I got a reply just now that in the file it is still shown as pending so I replied with the copy of the receipt.

Just a side note for the ones who paid upfront……check with cic if it has been received or not.

jasminep

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Nov 2013
AOR Received.
12 Jan 2014
Med's Request
06 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
12 Jun 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
21-Nov-2014
JijaG said:
@ Jasmine - thanks for ur earlier replies.

I just emailed cic yesterday and asked out of the blue, if my RPRF was received or not...........i asked this because I had paid upfront RPRF without any email from cic.

I got a reply just now that in the file it is still shown as pending so I replied with the copy of the receipt.

Just a side note for the ones who paid upfront......check with cic if it has been received or not.
Hey np JijaG

Did u receive the response in 1 day from CIC?

emeo

Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28th November, 2013
Doc's Request.
25th June, 2014
AOR Received.
15th January, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
11th June, 2014
Med's Done....
17th June, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
13th November 2014
JijaG said:
@ Jasmine - thanks for ur earlier replies.

I just emailed cic yesterday and asked out of the blue, if my RPRF was received or not...........i asked this because I had paid upfront RPRF without any email from cic.

Just a side note for the ones who paid upfront......check with cic if it has been received or not.
Hi did you e-mail CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca?

I have e-mailed that e-mail address twice to see if they received the requested documentation I sent but have heard nothing back from them.

JijaG

Jul 10, 2014
Yes in 1 day.

Yes the address is the same but what I did was to reply on the same thread on which I got the reply once rather than starting a new one.

That helps, now I get responses faster.

ckexploration

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
Hi everybody!!!!

Just a post to keep up the good spirit...

I applied for PR under the CEC in late November 2013 and got my CPR late in July 2014. Unfortunately my flatmate didn't notice the letter (containing the CPR) in the mail so it was just found yesterday.
I had a big disappointment with my application under the BC PNP, this time with the CEC everything worked out in just 8 months (instead of 13 months that are mentioned on the CIC website as the processing time).

Positive thinking everybody and keep your heads up!

Cheers,
CK

emeo

Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28th November, 2013
Doc's Request.
25th June, 2014
AOR Received.
15th January, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
11th June, 2014
Med's Done....
17th June, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
13th November 2014
JijaG said:
Yes in 1 day.

Yes the address is the same but what I did was to reply on the same thread on which I got the reply once rather than starting a new one.

That helps, now I get responses faster.
Thanks JijaG I will try to do that in future, might wait a few more weeks before I e-mail again.