Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
at risk of asking the obvious, when you completed your forms (both the sponsor form & applicant form), did you check the box and sign permitting them to communicate via email??

honjooshi said:
I haven't gotten anything via email yet, it's all been snail mail. Has anyone else had this experience so far?

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
libellula said:
Hello there!

Because USA is a visa exempt country they,usually just request another copy of your passport.
I also sent in a copy of my passport in the beginning, but it seems that they like to have another copy of it,when they finalize things. Could be to double check that its current and matches up. Im just happy that they don't request my actual passport because my husband and I travel alot for our job! They also asked me to send in proof that my husband still resides in Canada.
When I received the PPR request I was so shocked and started to cry with relief, because I had imagined that we wouldn't see it for at least another 4-6 months!! Not because of what they say on the website,because this really depends on each persons case,it seems but because they had closed down the Seattle and Detroit offices. And from past history (buffalo) those people have had to wait for a year and longer,and some were even lost in the shuffle!
ps-I agree with you that I forget that some people don't get to see their loved one for quit a long time,and that is hard. My husband goes away for months at times for his job and my daughter and I suffer when he does.
I have been practicing being grateful everyday,and this has helped to remind me not to lament about my circumstances..

Well that's the thing I'm worried about... I'm going to Canada for two weeks on May 17th, leaving on June 2nd and I'm worried that with my luck they're going to ask for my passport either just before or during my trip lol! What would i do in a situation like that? I cant just tell them they have to wait til my trip is over for me to send it in, can i?

honjooshi

Mar 1, 2013
CanadaNow said:
at risk of asking the obvious, when you completed your forms (both the sponsor form & applicant form), did you check the box and sign permitting them to communicate via email??
On the main form, it says if you write your email address you will authorize them to send any correspondence to your email. I know I authorized them to send me things via email, and my wife authorized, too. Considering how many times I went over all our forms, it's highly unlikely I messed this up, ha ha! Probably just depends on the immigration agent dealing with the application.

CanadaNow

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
most times they ask for anything, they give a timeline such as "please provide this information within 60 days" so it is very unlikely you won't have enough time. of course, it does delay your app that little bit more.

bscinto92 said:
Well that's the thing I'm worried about... I'm going to Canada for two weeks on May 17th, leaving on June 2nd and I'm worried that with my luck they're going to ask for my passport either just before or during my trip lol! What would i do in a situation like that? I cant just tell them they have to wait til my trip is over for me to send it in, can i?

libellula

Jan 18, 2013
bscinto92 said:
[/quote

You will probably be asked just for a copy,but incase you have to send them your passport,like he said they say in the email that you have
60 days to get it to them. Our other friends who had a similar problem,just let the CIC know that they were in travel when the passport was due and CIC ok'd for them to send just a copy.

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
honjooshi said:
On the main form, it says if you write your email address you will authorize them to send any correspondence to your email. I know I authorized them to send me things via email, and my wife authorized, too. Considering how many times I went over all our forms, it's highly unlikely I messed this up, ha ha! Probably just depends on the immigration agent dealing with the application.
Same here. We put our e-mail address. I guess we just gotta be patient. =]

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
Hello everybody!

I don't know if you guys notice, but there's somebody using the forum for advertisement. And for bad stuff!!! Is there a way to kick all this adds out and block this person from the forum?

I truly believe in this forum and I think we are here to help and support each other, and not to try to make money!

jainanchal

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
09-03-2013
File Transfer...
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2013
BrazilianGirl said:
Hello everybody!

I don't know if you guys notice, but there's somebody using the forum for advertisement. And for bad stuff!!! Is there a way to kick all this adds out and block this person from the forum?

I truly believe in this forum and I think we are here to help and support each other, and not to try to make money!
I guesss I dont see it, using mozilla with a Adblock addon... :)

jainanchal

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
09-03-2013
File Transfer...
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2013
libellula said:
Oh!!
Almost forgot!!! The PPR email was an amazing anniversary surprise!!!
We had our 9 year anniversary on sunday!!
congratulations! :)

moidyn

Apr 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
AOR Received.
09-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2013
LANDED..........
04-05-2013
Random question for you all-
If you are "visiting" Canada while waiting for your application to come through, have you tried getting health care? I am in Ontario, and have been told it can get done if you get a really nice person behind the counter, but I am just a little nervous to try it, get denied, and then something bad happens with my application.

Thoughts?

libellula

Jan 18, 2013
bscinto92 said:
Hi!
I responded to this earlier but it didn't go thru! Just realized that!
You have 60 days after the request to send it in if they even ask for the original. So you should be fine.
Our friends had a similar situation,where they received the request for their passport just after they made their flight,to Italy.
They were applying in Italy and the 60 days was up 2 days after they would return to Canada,so they risked losing the deadline if they sent it. They emailed CIC explaining the situation and CIC let them just send a copy because they were a visa exempt country. Otherwise she couldnt fly back from Italy! So I think you can relax and enjoy your trip!

Whiskey

Dec 3, 2012
Hi everyone,

I have a couple questions that I tried looking for answers to (and am sure have been answered a million times) but the site is so big it gets hard to find specifics.

Application package was submitted end of November. Got the letter that the Sponsorship portion was approved (YAY!) February 28th, and the application was send to London, where my wife currently lives.

2 things: First, I know we can check online for updates to our application, but am wondering a which points do they update it? It hasn't changed since the first day, which states that the application was received, and the Medical was received. I am still logging in as myself, the sponsor, even though I suppose this is technically the Immigration portion of the process. Will the updates to her file still appear in this place, or should I be checking somewhere else?

Second, her passport just expired. She is Portuguese, and the Portuguese Consulate is making her jump through a lot of hoops to get it renewed, like having all of my personal documents translated here in Canada at the Embassy for proof of our marriage, crazy fees, etc... She was actually considering applying for a UK passport instead to speed it up, but I;m thinking that since we applied for our sponsorship with the Portuguese one, it might screw up the whole application.

Either way, is her passport expiring going to be a major problem for us? We're trying to get it renewed as fast as possible, but are afraid there might be repercussions to our application in the meantime.

Tom Petty was right .... The Waiting Is The Hardest Part...
Thanks!

CanadaNow

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Electronic Client Application Status (ecas - I can think of a few other names to describe that online tool) is not used very effectively IMHO depending on the visa office and officer. I would not rely on it very much if i were you. checking it daily will drive you nuts ;).

IF applying for the UK passport does not make her ineligible for her Portugese passport, I would apply for the UK passport but DO NOT STOP the process of renewing the Portugese passport (anyone disagree?). If applying for UK causes issues with applying for Portugese passport,I would not go for the UK.

I would not change anything on your CIC application except to inform them that the portugese passport is expired and you are having to jump through some challenging hoops to renew it (I wouldn't share with them that you are also applying for the UK passport). Then if your wife gets the UK passport and needs it, great you have it. If not, no harm done.

I'm sorry I don't know if the expiring passport will actually cause any problems (anyone else??) but make sure you keep CIC informed (with supporting evidence) of your progress to reobtain the Portugese passport.

Best wishes!!!

Whiskey said:
but am wondering a which points do they update it? Will the updates to her file still appear in this place, or should I be checking somewhere else?

She was actually considering applying for a UK passport instead to speed it up, but I;m thinking that since we applied for our sponsorship with the Portuguese one, it might screw up the whole application.

Either way, is her passport expiring going to be a major problem for us? We're trying to get it renewed as fast as possible, but are afraid there might be repercussions to our application in the meantime.

Tom Petty was right .... The Waiting Is The Hardest Part...
Thanks!

margobear96

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 15, 2012 (rec'd)
AOR Received.
November 26, 2012
File Transfer...
November 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 29, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2013 (rec'd May 2, 2013)
LANDED..........
May 4, 2013
moidyn said:
Random question for you all-
If you are "visiting" Canada while waiting for your application to come through, have you tried getting health care? I am in Ontario, and have been told it can get done if you get a really nice person behind the counter, but I am just a little nervous to try it, get denied, and then something bad happens with my application.

Thoughts?
Everything I've seen on this forum suggests that OHIP doesn't provide coverage until 3 months post-landing. If you're curious about what you heard, give OHIP a call. (You don't have to give your name.) In BC MSP will provide coverage once you get sponsorship approval (plus the customary 3 months), but it's explicit and there's an article about it on the MSP website.

Mel Grover

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2012
AOR Received.
02/07/2013
Med's Done....
26/09/2012
Hi Everyone,
Received my PR Visa in the mail today. Now We just have to "land" even though we will be driving down to the states and back. Its a great feeling and I hope the rest of the process for everyone else is a smooth one. Thank you all for the support, I would have gone mad without this forum!! ;D ;D ;D ;D :p