+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2012 Applicants Unite!

libellula

Jan 18, 2013
Hello Everyone!

The CIC's easter is finally over!
The winter of our discontent is finally over,spring is here and so is my passport request!

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
CanadaNow said:
Like many of you, I have not seen my wife in a long time (230 days today since September 5th). I cannot think straight I am soooo excited to hold her.

Best wishes to all!!!
you got me a little choked up there for a minute lol! that's so cute :') i definitely should be a lot more grateful that i get to see my husband as often as i do, i noticed i get to see him much more often than most on this forum get to see their spouses.... i couldnt imagine not being able to touch him for 230 days (and counting in your case!!) i really have a feeling that the latest i will be landed in canada is by september of this year, but of course i am hoping that i'll get there before this summer is over : ) glad to see some movement for the US/Canada couples (margobear congratulations!) even if it's just the ottawa office. it's annoying that mine has to be in los angeles and i'm the only one from this month who's a US applicant and whose application isn't in ottawa, it just makes it harder to keep track of things because i have no idea how quick the LA office is. hopefully as quick as ottawa has been lately!

it honestly brings tears of joy to my face every time i read another success story come out of this forum. i feel like i've connected so much with so many people and the only communication we have with one another is a message on here from time to time. you guys make going through this process so much easier and less stressful, much love to you all<3

jainanchal

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
09-03-2013
File Transfer...
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2013
libellula and margobear96
congratulations on ppr... :)
more encouraging news :)

Lindissa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
18-05-2013
So I've been obsessively checking my email daily and for once today I didn't, I decided to get out of the house and go to the library and get some books. I'm leaving the library and my email goes off on the cell phone.

I GOT MY PASSPORT REQUEST!!!! They waived the interview as well and it was all I could do to contain myself and not start whooping very loudly in a public place lol
My wife is at work and has no idea, I can't wait to see the look on her face-we weren't expecting this until next month or june! Soooo close, this means there's major movement going on so I'll be sending out good vibes for everyone still waiting. I can't tell you how much all of you have kept us positive through this and without the support and answers to endless questions I don't know how we would have done this lol

jainanchal

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
09-03-2013
File Transfer...
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2013
Lindissa said:
So I've been obsessively checking my email daily and for once today I didn't, I decided to get out of the house and go to the library and get some books. I'm leaving the library and my email goes off on the cell phone.

I GOT MY PASSPORT REQUEST!!!! They waived the interview as well and it was all I could do to contain myself and not start whooping very loudly in a public place lol
My wife is at work and has no idea, I can't wait to see the look on her face-we weren't expecting this until next month or june! Soooo close, this means there's major movement going on so I'll be sending out good vibes for everyone still waiting. I can't tell you how much all of you have kept us positive through this and without the support and answers to endless questions I don't know how we would have done this lol
AWESOME news...congratulations many more to go...soon... :)

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
Congratulations Lindissa!! I have a question though that i'm still not 100 percent clear on... when a US/Canada applicant gets their passport request, are they asking you to send in your actual passport or just a copy of it? I'm wondering if maybe I won't be getting a passport request because I sent in a copy of my passport including all the pages that were stamped. I know someone has told me more than once how this works but i'm just slow and i still dont get it lol.

moidyn

Apr 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
AOR Received.
09-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2013
LANDED..........
04-05-2013
bscinto92 said:
Congratulations Lindissa!! I have a question though that i'm still not 100 percent clear on... when a US/Canada applicant gets their passport request, are they asking you to send in your actual passport or just a copy of it? I'm wondering if maybe I won't be getting a passport request because I sent in a copy of my passport including all the pages that were stamped. I know someone has told me more than once how this works but i'm just slow and i still dont get it lol.
I sent a copy of passport and all the pages with my initial application and was still given a request for a copy of the front page of my passport. I think it just depends on who is working on your application and how they are feeling. Truly, there is no rhyme or reason.
However, to answer your question, if they ask for your actual passport, you have to give it. I had a friend who didn't trust the mail and he flew over to the LA Visa Office. He hand delivered in his passport and when he received it back later that day, he was also given COPR and all the necessary documents to land.

libellula

Jan 18, 2013
bscinto92 said:
Hello there!

Because USA is a visa exempt country they,usually just request another copy of your passport.
I also sent in a copy of my passport in the beginning, but it seems that they like to have another copy of it,when they finalize things. Could be to double check that its current and matches up. Im just happy that they don't request my actual passport because my husband and I travel alot for our job! They also asked me to send in proof that my husband still resides in Canada.
When I received the PPR request I was so shocked and started to cry with relief, because I had imagined that we wouldn't see it for at least another 4-6 months!! Not because of what they say on the website,because this really depends on each persons case,it seems but because they had closed down the Seattle and Detroit offices. And from past history (buffalo) those people have had to wait for a year and longer,and some were even lost in the shuffle!
ps-I agree with you that I forget that some people don't get to see their loved one for quit a long time,and that is hard. My husband goes away for months at times for his job and my daughter and I suffer when he does.
I have been practicing being grateful everyday,and this has helped to remind me not to lament about my circumstances..

libellula

Jan 18, 2013
Congrats Margo bear and Lindissa!!!!

I knew that something had to give!! I had posted earlier,I think on this post or maybe the cpp-ottowa?? one, that it seemed strange that they hadn't started working on November's? I have another family that we sit in the evening's having conversations about how CIC works!
And how agonizing the wait can be. Last night we were all agreeing that CIC probably gets the easiest ones out of the way so that they can spend the time on the more complicated ones.

honjooshi

Mar 1, 2013
Woo-hoo! Congratulations to the fellow Americans getting PPR! My ECAS still says "Application Received," and I haven't heard anything, but it's good to know Ottawa is moving!
Here's hoping ALL VO's will get the Nov applicants finished soon!

Lindissa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
18-05-2013
My ecase says the same thing lol it's unreliable and slow as hell apparently. You'll get info way quicker via email

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
honjooshi said:
I haven't gotten anything via email yet, it's all been snail mail. Has anyone else had this experience so far?
Yes. We got the Sponsorship Approval by snail mail in Canada, and nothing else.