+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2012 Applicants Unite!

CANADIANNA

Nov 21, 2012
Had my husband call, after waiting for a while, we were told that we we're approved for the first stage on March 1.
So we have not received anything the mail yet. But so glad I have some peace of mind that our application wasnt lost or something!!

Now onto stage two..

elmo11

Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt!
bscinto92 said:
what a small world. have you lived in hamilton your whole life or are you the one being sponsored? i just love how convenient hamilton is. you can get anywhere in the city by bus or just by walking, but apparently lots of cities in ontario are like that, i just happen to like hamilton the most because it's become a home to me. my husband and i used to walk EVERY where together, especially when it was nice outside. i love the way the city is layed out but the people are little too much for me sometimes lol. my husband said the same thing about the winters, said theyre nothing like they used to be. i guess i lucked out lol, i spent last winter there and t snowed only a couple times and not very much at that. and this winter we actually got twice the amount of snow here in connecticut, i beleive hamilton only got just over a foot of snow during that blizzard and we got over 3 feet. and as far as not knowing how cold it is in other parts of canada, i'm glad i dont have to find out.... however i know from pictures and other friends/relatives living in alberta that it definitely is beautiful out there, and i'd love to visit it sometime.... but probably in the spring or summer ; )
No, I haven't. (Thank goodness (- - )) I'm a PR myself from Jamaica, I'm sponsoring my British girlfriend. I do think Hamilton has a lot of potential to be a nice city, that and it's infinitely nicer in the summer time with all the trees and waterfalls and that. Fun fact. Hamilton is the "The waterfall capital of the World" with over 120 waterfalls!

Don't even talk to me about Alberta, waaaaaaay too cold out there for my tastes! ^^

elmo11 ^^

jainanchal

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
09-03-2013
File Transfer...
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2013
so nice to hear fellow members getting Stage one cleared...still about 4 more to go as per the sheet...I hope they get their soon too...

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Good afternoon novemeber members,

Next month I will be going to see hubby it will be 5 months since he left canada to go home to his country to wait out his sponsorship journey. We were talking today he said he is feeling nervous to see me it's like the first time ever meeting. I'm feeling the same was wondering if any of you felt this way? Just some food for thought. I'm excited and having butterflies can't wait to be in his arms.

thedreadedpiper

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2013
CANADIANNA said:
Had my husband call, after waiting for a while, we were told that we we're approved for the first stage on March 1.
So we have not received anything the mail yet. But so glad I have some peace of mind that our application wasnt lost or something!!

Now onto stage two..
Great news! Best of luck for a speedy stage 2!

jainanchal

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
09-03-2013
File Transfer...
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2013
oneandonly said:

Next month I will be going to see hubby it will be 5 months since he left canada to go home to his country to wait out his sponsorship journey. We were talking today he said he is feeling nervous to see me it's like the first time ever meeting. I'm feeling the same was wondering if any of you felt this way? Just some food for thought. I'm excited and having butterflies can't wait to be in his arms.
Oh, awesome...I also went last year in December, and we were meeting up 6 months since I left after the wedding, and butterflies...and the thought of having my wife in my arms were just too good...and the best of all was, she never knew I was coming home and I had planned to wake her up in the morning (that's when I got there) and wish her good morning......ahhhh....still get chills when I think about that time...and can't believe my family (specially my dad) and I were able to keep this from her and surprise her all together...

all of us deserve to be with our spouses...and if not others, people who sponsor their spouses can totally understand what is it worth to be with each other...

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
jainanchal said:
Oh, awesome...I also went last year in December, and we were meeting up 6 months since I left after the wedding, and butterflies...and the thought of having my wife in my arms were just too good...and the best of all was, she never knew I was coming home and I had planned to wake her up in the morning (that's when I got there) and wish her good morning......ahhhh....still get chills when I think about that time...and can't believe my family (specially my dad) and I were able to keep this from her and surprise her all together...

all of us deserve to be with our spouses...and if not others, people who sponsor their spouses can totally understand what is it worth to be with each other...
Now that is the sweetest story I have ever read I'm the sponsor so I guess it's normal how I am feeling. Thanks for sharing. Hope you will see your wife soon.

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
jainanchal said:

:'(omg that's so sweet!! thank you for sharing!

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
elmo11 said:
No, I haven't. (Thank goodness (- - )) I'm a PR myself from Jamaica, I'm sponsoring my British girlfriend. I do think Hamilton has a lot of potential to be a nice city, that and it's infinitely nicer in the summer time with all the trees and waterfalls and that. Fun fact. Hamilton is the "The waterfall capital of the World" with over 120 waterfalls!

Don't even talk to me about Alberta, waaaaaaay too cold out there for my tastes! ^^

elmo11 ^^
yeah i agree, much nicer in the summer time when the trees can hide the ugly parts of it lol... but of course in the summer time the smog is horrendous. i really love dundas valley more than anything, me and my husband love being outside and going for hikes and going on adventures when we're bored so we would go down to dundas and do a different trail every time. my favourite one is the one to the peak and the one that goes to websters falls

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
oneandonly said:

That it's cute!
Honestly, from my own experience, it's super normal.
My hubby and I were away from each other for 8 months. I was super nervous with him coming to visit, and had already warned him that I'd probably have to learn how to kiss all over again.
But don't worry, once you are back in his arms, you'll feel like you had never left it.

Much love to you guys!

Ms Malawi

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
07-01-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
02-05-2013
Passport Req..
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013
LANDED..........
27-05-2013
Hi All, i apologize for the delay in updates.. I will get on them tonight.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
BrazilianGirl said:
That it's cute!
Honestly, from my own experience, it's super normal.
My hubby and I were away from each other for 8 months. I was super nervous with him coming to visit, and had already warned him that I'd probably have to learn how to kiss all over again.
But don't worry, once you are back in his arms, you'll feel like you had never left it.

Much love to you guys!
Aww thank you for your words it makes me feel a lot better that others feel the same way. Thanks for sharing

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
Happy Wednesday!

No change on our ecas yet :(. I had a really awful day yesterday with immigration-related stress. That and I'm currently off work with a recovering tendonitis injury so I haven't been very active lately. Hubby and I applied for GCMS notes this morning - just DOING something makes me feel like I've accomplished something :).

I have been lurking and it seems lots of first stage approvals are going through! Congrats everyone!

Have a happy week :)
Kate

nzandcanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
No AOR received
File Transfer...
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
19-10-2012
Ms Malawi said:
Hi All, i apologize for the delay in updates.. I will get on them tonight.
Thanks so much for doing this! It is really appreciated!