Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
7 months and 26 days since application submitted...

nuurueal

Oct 27, 2015
Good day house, I sorry for long silence. It's basically the movement. We entered canada today without any hitch. We entered through montreal, quebec and will be leaving for Halifax tomorrow. No issues regarding where your Port of entry is irrespective of your provincial nomination. Just remember to come along with your Copr letters. I will be happy to give any advice and headsup if need be.

cheyz_ns

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Good day house, I sorry for long silence. It's basically the movement. We entered canada today without any hitch. We entered through montreal, quebec and will be leaving for Halifax tomorrow. No issues regarding where your Port of entry is irrespective of your provincial nomination. Just remember to come along with your Copr letters. I will be happy to give any advice and headsup if need be.
Hi, So you stayed in Montreal for a day? I am planning to stay in winnipeg for 10 to 14 days before moving to Halifax. Do you think it would be fine? Thanks.

sanygair

Nov 21, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
Dear Friends,

Our family is flying to Halifax in 1st week of April 2018.I wish to seek advice from those who are in Halifax on following points :
1. Areas where we can get good budgetary rental accommodation(1-2 bedroom) with approx. rent.
2. Whether the accommodation provided on rent is generally a furnished accomodation and what types of facilities are included in it like bed, sofa sets, chairs, heating system, etc.
3. Do I need to bring blankets, quilts for next winter season from India only and can I book it through cargo if personnel baggage limit exceeds?
4. Any sample of the list of articles to be brought along while travelling to Halifax. Do I need to keep the bills/Invoices of the items for declaring value or an approx. reasonable value will suffice?

I look forward to advice from seniors who have already gone through above process.

Warm Regards.

Sany

nuurueal

Oct 27, 2015
Cio sanygair,

I just arrived Halifax and I will try and respond to your questions as brief as possible.

1. Use these two links: www.kijiji.ca and www.veiwit.ca, filter your search to what you want and you will see a lot of two bed houses. Select houses you like and start making contacts with the owner ahead. The prices of two bed range from 700 to 900 Canadian dollars per month. I am renting exactly one.

2. The apartments are mostly empty. You have to kit it up after rentage. However if you find any ensuit, you might be
paying a little higher.

3. Yes you can move your items through cargo. They will even ask you at the port of entry any other items you intend to move down later.

4. Your Copr letter, your cash, your passport are the most important documents. All other docs can only be taken as back up.

Please let me know if you need more clarification.

All de best.

harry592

Dec 6, 2014
I have one question regarding transit visa requirements at London Heathrow airport. I will be travelling by British airways on route Bangalore -> London -> Toronto -> Halifax.

In London, flight from Bangalore will land at Terminal 5 and next flight to Toronto is after 4.5 hours from same terminal.

Do I need any transit visa for changing flights in London?

Kindly provide your inputs whoever has travelled 1st time to Canada through London, as currently PR card is not available, only you have is IM-1 single entry visa.

I think there is lot of ambiguity on this topic.

nuurueal

Oct 27, 2015
I have not done such trip before. I can only advise that you take it up with your ticketing agent or the airline. Usually, when transit visas are required, the ticketing agents or the airline will make provision for it as part of your ticket package.

dpnc

Aug 28, 2016
I have one question regarding transit visa requirements at London Heathrow airport. I will be travelling by British airways on route Bangalore -> London -> Toronto -> Halifax.

In London, flight from Bangalore will land at Terminal 5 and next flight to Toronto is after 4.5 hours from same terminal.

Do I need any transit visa for changing flights in London?

Kindly provide your inputs whoever has travelled 1st time to Canada through London, as currently PR card is not available, only you have is IM-1 single entry visa.

I think there is lot of ambiguity on this topic.
hi Harry,

When are you travelling? I am also travelling on the same route on feb 4...
As far as i know, we dont need a transit visa as long as we dont step out. But i am told that even though its a single PNR for whole journey, we need to claim the baggage in Toronto and re-checkin since the last leg is not operated by British airways.
Considering the paper work and this baggage claim, managing time (~2hrs) at Toronto may be a challenge...

Regards,
dpnc.

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Nationals of south asian and other selected countries need transit visa to change flights at LHR airport if you do not have valid visa stamped on your passport for your destination. For e.g., if your passport does not have a valid visa stamp for Canada, you need a transit visa for UK. Otherwise, you will be deported back to India at LHR.

You might be wondering who may fall under this. People from US who have extended their H-1B visa from US may not have a valid visa stamped on their passport and will be going to India for visa stamping. During that time, they cannot travel via LHR since London authorities look for valid visa stamp on your passport for both the source and the destination.

sanygair

Nov 21, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
Dear Nuurueal,

Thanks for your response and advice.

1. Which part of Halifax, by the way.you are renting house?
How is Dartmouth Area for taking house on rent ?
2. How is the list of articles required to be prepared ? Do I need to keep the bills/Invoices of the items for declaring value of all the items in customs or only list with description and quantity will suffice?

Warm Regards,

Sany

harry592

Dec 6, 2014
Now all of us, will have visa stamped on our passport although it’s single entry visa. Without valid visa stamped, even our home country immigration will not allow to board any international flight. Last week, my colleague travelled to USA on business visa using same flight till London and she was not asked for transit visa. So, there is lot of ambiguity on this topic, so raised enquiry with British embassy, hopefully will get response.
Nationals of south asian and other selected countries need transit visa to change flights at LHR airport if you do not have valid visa stamped on your passport for your destination. For e.g., if your passport does not have a valid visa stamp for Canada, you need a transit visa for UK. Otherwise, you will be deported back to India at LHR.

You might be wondering who may fall under this. People from US who have extended their H-1B visa from US may not have a valid visa stamped on their passport and will be going to India for visa stamping. During that time, they cannot travel via LHR since London authorities look for valid visa stamp on your passport for both the source and the destination.
Now