+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

cheyz_ns

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Hi Cheyz,

Did the BG status change after you got the PPR?

My AOR is Nov 2016, the BG is still reflecting NA.
Hi,

Actually my BG is NA for so long 3 days before I receive my PPR it became your BG is in progress. The last I check it is still the same. I will try again later then I will update you. Really It’s Nov 2016? Did you call or email your visa office? How about GCMS notes?

shivavb

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
You are eligible to apply for NS , atleast they this i am sure about . For other provinces might also but confirm it first.
Br,
G
Hi,

Actually my BG is NA for so long 3 days before I receive my PPR it became your BG is in progress. The last I check it is still the same. I will try again later then I will update you. Really It’s Nov 2016? Did you call or email your visa office? How about GCMS notes?
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, but can you kindly confirm under which category I am eligible as for category B Nova Scotia pnp my job code is not mentioned....It would be great help you could elaborate your reply

Thank you in advance

shivavb

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
You are eligible to apply for NS , atleast they this i am sure about . For other provinces might also but confirm it first.
Br,
G
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, but can you kindly confirm under which category I am eligible as for category B Nova Scotia pnp my job code is not mentioned....It would be great help you could elaborate your reply

Thank you in advance

shivavb

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Br,
G
Hi,

Thank you in advance

Haadiya

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Hi,

Thank you Cheyz for prompt response.

I did email my visa office there ,was no response but at least CIC account got updates after 1 year (not much - just said application in process).
I have requested for GCMS notes since Mid Dec 2017 but haven't received as yet. Just praying to get some positive news this month.

Reactions: cheyz_ns

cheyz_ns

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Thank you Cheyz for prompt response.

I did email my visa office there ,was no response but at least CIC account got updates after 1 year (not much - just said application in process).
I have requested for GCMS notes since Mid Dec 2017 but haven't received as yet. Just praying to get some positive news this month.
I hope that you get your PPR soon you have waited for so long. I tried sending email to my visa office which is London and after 2 days BG in progress then the 3rd day PPR. I think you have to try that one also.

fahadshah284

Aug 29, 2014
Riyadh
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018 SINP OID
Doc's Request.
28-08-2018 POF, intend to settle, Dependent Birth Docs Translation, Resident IDs
Nomination.....
10-10-2018
Hello Friends,

Please share good Whatsapp group for EE NSNP.

Thank you,

dpnc

Aug 28, 2016
Dear Zakir,

Very important question you asked..I am also looking for the right option to carry money with me. TC or Cash... which is better ? Is there anyone who already in NS can suggest and provide guidance?

Best Regards,
Shakhawet
hi,

I did a wire transfer of funds as described in this post: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/opening-bank-account-before-landing.511231/

Now need to activate this account after i land in Halifax. I also plan to carry some cash for emergency till this is done.

Regards,
Dpnc.

holygrail15

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
Hello everyone!

To the successful NSNP nominees - Do you have any tips and tricks re submission of application for Category B when error has been encountered? Like what web browsers to use, any VPNs to use? How to get past website error/ crash and when is the right time to login and submit application?

TIA.

tomtclai

Oct 2, 2017
Hi, I applied for Nova Scotia pnp skilled worker stream (not express entry) online on January 10.. can anyone advise what to expect from here?? How long will it take before I hear from them again?
I see people mentioning AOR, ADR, and more. but I don’t know what any of those abbreviations mean

manpreetcan

Jul 5, 2016
Hi, I applied for Nova Scotia pnp skilled worker stream (not express entry) online on January 10.. can anyone advise what to expect from here?? How long will it take before I hear from them again?
I see people mentioning AOR, ADR, and more. but I don’t know what any of those abbreviations mean
Hi, you have to wait, NS-Department will contact you if they need more info.

As far as abbreviations are concerned,please have a look:

AOR - Acknowledgment Of Reception
BG - Background check > IP - in process NN - not needed NS - not started
BOWP - Bridge Open Work Permit
CEC - Canadian Experience Class
CELPIP - Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program
CIC - Canadian Immigration Center
COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence
CPC - Case Processing Center
CRS - Comprehensive Ranking System
DM - Decision Made
e-APR - electronic - Application for Permanent Residence
ECA - Education Credential Assessment
EE - Express Entry
eTA - electronic Travel Authorization
FST - Federal Skilled Trades
FSWP - Federal Skilled Work Program
IELTS - Internation English Language Testing System
IRCC - Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
ITA - Inviation To Apply
LMIA - Labour Market Impact Assessment
LOE - Letter Of Explanation
NOC - National Occupational Classification
OINP - Ontario Immigration Nominee Program
PCC - Police Clearance Certificate
PGWP - Post Graduation Work Permit
PNP - Provincial Nominee Program
POF - Proof Of Funds
PPR - Passport Request
PR - Permanent Residence
RPRF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee
TRF - Test Report Form
TRV - Temporary Resident Visa
VAC - Visa Application Center
VO - Visa Office

Haadiya

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
I hope that you get your PPR soon you have waited for so long. I tried sending email to my visa office which is London and after 2 days BG in progress then the 3rd day PPR. I think you have to try that one also.
Thank you Cheyz. I did send VO email early last week and that is when after 15 good months my CIC account got updated to say application in process. I will write them a follow up email this week too. I am hoping PPR come soon.!

Reactions: cheyz_ns

cheyz_ns

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Thank you Cheyz. I did send VO email early last week and that is when after 15 good months my CIC account got updated to say application in process. I will write them a follow up email this week too. I am hoping PPR come soon.!
Yes you will have your PPR soon. Let’s pray for that.

guruprasath.j

Oct 24, 2016
Hi

I will surely update the forum... I too have ordered GCMS notes... My last update was medicals passed on 10 Aug 2017... After that no update... What discrepancy do u have with NOC???
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I requested to consider my profile under a different NOC code (Not in demand category) compared to the NOC(In demand category) the province nominated me. Not sure if that is causing this delay. 240 days since AOR. Still in NA2.

guruprasath.j

Oct 24, 2016
Guys,

Request your feedback. Now that I had applied under a different NOC code and submitted my PR application. Once I land in NS, if i don't find a job in the NOC I applied for , can I apply to move to a new province in say 3 months?