+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Hi cian,thanks for your wishes...our AOR was of 2017 August ppr received yesterday...Also according to Nov Scotis news they say maximum number of applicants have been cleared...do share ur Aor ...Drupad and myself were in August and recieved same day.I pray for all our friends that all of them receive ppr soon.
Maximum cleared ... :O in that case i fell in minimum category ...lol

still waiting for PPR .. (AOR is June)

Br,
G

Ishie23

Dec 18, 2014
seniors who have landed, i need your guidance please.
planning to land in Halifax this June, can i take a domestic flight while waiting for my pr card?
I wanted to visit my brother in Alberta before we finally start our life and settle in NS. Would you know how long can I stay in Edmonton?
thank you thank you!

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Maximum cleared ... :O in that case i fell in minimum category ...lol

still waiting for PPR .. (AOR is June)

Br,
G
Same here Sharmaji... 30 May AOR.... Still waiting...

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Same here Sharmaji... 30 May AOR.... Still waiting...
Yeah Cian... it’s been getting longer wait day by day ... looking like a we are about to make some record for waiting . Have u got any response from GCMS? And are you having any agent in between, if yes what’s his thoughts on this.
Br,
G

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Yeah Cian... it’s been getting longer wait day by day ... looking like a we are about to make some record for waiting . Have u got any response from GCMS? And are you having any agent in between, if yes what’s his thoughts on this.
Br,
G
No agent. I applied GCMS 3 days ago. It takes 30 days minimum to process.

Can we personally visit visa Office and inquire? My application reached NDVO on 22nd Sep 2017. That is confirmed. Is their any other way we could inquire?

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
No agent. I applied GCMS 3 days ago. It takes 30 days minimum to process.

Can we personally visit visa Office and inquire? My application reached NDVO on 22nd Sep 2017. That is confirmed. Is their any other way we could inquire?
Sorry .... but I don’t have any idea or info of how to contact them but only to wait for them to reply on portal itself.
Br,
G

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Another Friday gone by... How long more to wait... Nowadays weekends feel like an year... This is frustrating...

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
11/04/2017, Passed on 04/08/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Hello everyone,

As I can see, there are still some people waiting for PPR. What a journey has it been for all of us!

First, I'd like to apologize for abandoning the forum like this, as well as for not updating the spreadsheet anymore. Things were so rushed during my last few months before moving, and I had to focus on finishing everything I had still open on my job. Funny as it is, I was able to finish it on the night before traveling to Canada (on April 19). At 1 am! Arriving home, I still had to finish packing some stuff. Went to bed at 3 am, only to wake up at 6 and face a 2-hour car trip to the airport, followed by another 14 combined hours of flight, with 2 5-hour layovers. To make things worse, I sat next to one of those people that just can't keep their elbows inside their seat area, and only got about 2 hours' sleep out of the 10-hour flight from Sao Paulo to Toronto. When we arrived at the Airbnb (it was around 2 pm), we still had to go to a grocery store if we wanted to have something to eat. Then, we just pushed all our 13 bags inside, went to the nearest one, bought a few stuff for the dinner and next morning's breakfast, had our baths (after 2 days!), ate dinner, and fainted over the beds! That was our first, "wonderful", day in Halifax!

Soon, we got a place to rent and started the job hunting process. Our kids started going to school after 2 weeks, I got my driver license, bought a car, we started making friends. So, after about a month, everything seemed to be in place. Except, of course, for the jobs.

And it wasn't easy! Even though I have an engineering background, with over 20 years' experience, and there were quite a few openings available for me (not as many as IT, but still above the average), I wasn't successful in getting a single interview during my first month. Got 3 during the next, but still no luck in landing a job. Did everything possible to improve my resume, cover letter, was doing well on the (few) interviews, but started collecting a series of disappointments. Then, summer came, jobs disappeared, not a single call for interviews, and the money still flowing out.

After Labour Day, at least things started improving again, with new jobs posted, a few calls for interviews (5 in a 2-week span!), my wife actually got a job before me, even though she wanted to go back to school first. It's part-time, retail, and she makes barely above minimum, but at least we were starting to make some money. As for my interviews, all of them turned into disappointments, and soon all opportunities in my area started to disappear too. After 6 months, I started to get desperate and began applying to survival jobs as well. At least my wife moved to full-time and was doing well on her job, despite the busy schedule, including evenings and weekends.

But, when things were starting to look dire, I finally got a job. And a very nice one, doing the exact type of work that I wanted, the salary is on pair with my experience, not to mention that the office is on Bedford Highway, overlooking the basin!

I wanted to share my experience with those who are in a similar situation, so they don't give up on their dreams. Sometimes it's really hard, things get complicated, money starts getting tight, but you must keep the faith, either on your own beliefs (for those who are religious), or at least in yourselves, as it's not like that suddenly you became stupid, incompetent and all your previous years of experience are worth nothing. You just need to find the right job, in the right place, and then find a way of showing them that you are capable of doing the same as any other competitor, Canadian or not! There are people who are really afraid of hiring immigrants, for whatever reason they have, and especially in the Maritimes! But there are still a lot of open-minded people. Just keep looking and do your best to prove yourselves!
Thanks Skywalker for updating such experience....:)

SDKD

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Hello Friends, recieved PPT from VFS DELHI IT WAS THROUGH email ....I would like to thank you all for sharing all the updates and suggestions at all stages....

Congrats Bolt!!!....:):):)so you are relaxed nowww:):)

SDKD

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
My application is in New Delhi VO from 22nd Sep 2017. Their is no other way than email to contact Delhi VO.

Guys can I visit Delhi VO personally? Do they answer like that? Because they are not answering the emails I sent them through out the last month.
Cian have checked your CIC account too...just check in junk mail too....Dont know why they are taking this much of delay.....I hoped that you will get it in even 1st week of Jan but this is frustrating...they can just reply the status of your application....

SDKD

mdzakir1

Mar 9, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2015
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
15-06-2017
Med's Done....
25-5-2017
Interview........
Not Require Currently
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello Friend's,

I would like to get some details regarding point of entry....
I booked my flight from Doha to Montreal then Montreal to Halifax....I heard that I can't land in Montreal they won't do my immigration there and they might send me back to Doha . Looks strange to me . As per some guys I have to enter Toronto or Vancouver . Is there any information about this guy's .

Awaiting your response...

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Another Friday gone by... How long more to wait... Nowadays weekends feel like an year... This is frustrating...
Yeah .. another week gone without outcome... is there anyone else waiting for PPR apart from u and me , from May-June AoR?
Br,
G