11/04/2017, Passed on 04/08/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Happy New Year to All,

Just another post from my airport experience...Hope to answer some of those questions from previous post.

I flew from Manila to Toronto, Toronto to Halifax. So my port of entry was in Toronto. (But if you flew direct to Halifax, then that would be your port of entry).
Manila: My ticket did not include my travel tax (P1620 per person, higher if you fly business class) which I had to pay from the airport, terminal fee was included in my ticket, which was worth P550. Accordingly if you purchase thru PAL, all those fees are included, although I went thru PAL, I bought my ticket online (flight hub) and travel tax was not included. The payment center is inside the airport, just after the entrance inside, you will see it immediately.
After paying, I went inline for check-in, they check my ticket and passport, they gave me my boarding pass. So it turns out, as a rule, even if your baggage is labeled Halifax, you still have to get it in Toronto, to be checked in again, for all airlines. After check-in, immigration check, they did not ask me a question, just looked at my passport and ticket, and I am good to go. Airport check, x-ray and waiting time. After a few delayed hiccups from Philippine Airlines, finally we went on board.

Toronto: After arriving, you will be guided thru immigration. So since I have a connecting flight, I was separated in one line, to have my picture and declaration of goods done. Its a couple of self serving kiosk, but there is a attendant on hand to help in case you have any glitch. So what you do, is scan you passport on the machine, indicate if you are declaring any goods, or money more than 10K, then the machine takes a picture and prints out a document (A piece of paper with your name, picture, and indicates if you declare any goods). Keep this. After that, when you go down, there will be another line, it says there all passport and the other one is with ticket (the one printed our earlier). Show the attendant the print out you had earlier, and you will bypass that long line. Next is the border desk, she will ask are you declaring any goods, I declared my dried fish actually, but I think she probably waved it, I only brought a few pieces. Then she told me, go to the immigration, here is another line, just be patient.
The immigration officer ask me, (she was actually very nice and friendly), these are standard questions ok, have I been convicted of any crime, asked to leave Canada, and I think one more questions which I forgot. Also she asked me about my address, told her I am staying at this address but it won't be my permanent, she said, its ok, do I want my PR card sent there, I said yes. Then asked me to sign my CoPR, and that was it.
Before exiting, there was another sort of cubicle there, where they gave me pamphlets about arriving in Canada, booklet on Canada, and a red bag to put those booklets in. (awww how nice right?.!!)
Then, I went out, at the exit, there is a officer, give him that ticket, which you printed our earlier. Then go get your luggage. Get your cart, somewhere at the left side, near the money changer, sometimes there is a line, just be patient.
Then, since I landed in Terminal 3, I had to go to Terminal 1. There are clear signs, so I am sure you will get lost.
Halifax: So again, I checked my baggage. It was a breeze, I went thru Air Canada. Then another security check, then the boarding gate.
Arriving at Halifax, there were no more checks, went out of the plane, took my baggage and off I went....

good luck to everyone!!Happy new year

Thnkx Net_mo for this information....Keep in touch...:)

How is the weather in NS??Got accommodation??

SDKD

net_mo

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
Thnkx Net_mo for this information....Keep in touch...:)

How is the weather in NS??Got accommodation??

SDKD
hi, the weather is not as cold as other Canadian provinces, but still as someone from a tropical country, its still cold hehe....about -10 or -12C
I am currently staying with some friends of my sisters, although I am trying to find a place for my own...Hey when are you moving?:)

shakhawet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Happy New Year to All,

Just another post from my airport experience...Hope to answer some of those questions from previous post.

I flew from Manila to Toronto, Toronto to Halifax. So my port of entry was in Toronto. (But if you flew direct to Halifax, then that would be your port of entry).
Manila: My ticket did not include my travel tax (P1620 per person, higher if you fly business class) which I had to pay from the airport, terminal fee was included in my ticket, which was worth P550. Accordingly if you purchase thru PAL, all those fees are included, although I went thru PAL, I bought my ticket online (flight hub) and travel tax was not included. The payment center is inside the airport, just after the entrance inside, you will see it immediately.
After paying, I went inline for check-in, they check my ticket and passport, they gave me my boarding pass. So it turns out, as a rule, even if your baggage is labeled Halifax, you still have to get it in Toronto, to be checked in again, for all airlines. After check-in, immigration check, they did not ask me a question, just looked at my passport and ticket, and I am good to go. Airport check, x-ray and waiting time. After a few delayed hiccups from Philippine Airlines, finally we went on board.

Toronto: After arriving, you will be guided thru immigration. So since I have a connecting flight, I was separated in one line, to have my picture and declaration of goods done. Its a couple of self serving kiosk, but there is a attendant on hand to help in case you have any glitch. So what you do, is scan you passport on the machine, indicate if you are declaring any goods, or money more than 10K, then the machine takes a picture and prints out a document (A piece of paper with your name, picture, and indicates if you declare any goods). Keep this. After that, when you go down, there will be another line, it says there all passport and the other one is with ticket (the one printed our earlier). Show the attendant the print out you had earlier, and you will bypass that long line. Next is the border desk, she will ask are you declaring any goods, I declared my dried fish actually, but I think she probably waved it, I only brought a few pieces. Then she told me, go to the immigration, here is another line, just be patient.
The immigration officer ask me, (she was actually very nice and friendly), these are standard questions ok, have I been convicted of any crime, asked to leave Canada, and I think one more questions which I forgot. Also she asked me about my address, told her I am staying at this address but it won't be my permanent, she said, its ok, do I want my PR card sent there, I said yes. Then asked me to sign my CoPR, and that was it.
Before exiting, there was another sort of cubicle there, where they gave me pamphlets about arriving in Canada, booklet on Canada, and a red bag to put those booklets in. (awww how nice right?.!!)
Then, I went out, at the exit, there is a officer, give him that ticket, which you printed our earlier. Then go get your luggage. Get your cart, somewhere at the left side, near the money changer, sometimes there is a line, just be patient.
Then, since I landed in Terminal 3, I had to go to Terminal 1. There are clear signs, so I am sure you will get lost.
Halifax: So again, I checked my baggage. It was a breeze, I went thru Air Canada. Then another security check, then the boarding gate.
Arriving at Halifax, there were no more checks, went out of the plane, took my baggage and off I went....

good luck to everyone!!Happy new year

Well described ...no speech ..how can I thank you...Great initiative...keep on posting....
I am planning to move in April 7.2018 in Halifax via Toronto and currently looking for apartment to rent online near downtown.Anyone already landed in Halifax or wishing to land in coming months, please share the timeline.

One more query: As I have three members in my family..how much USD will I have to take at least to pass the immigration in Toronto smoothly?
Can anyone suggest.

Take Care
Shakhawet

Reactions: halifax123

net_mo

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
Well described ...no speech ..how can I thank you...Great initiative...keep on posting....
I am planning to move in April 7.2018 in Halifax via Toronto and currently looking for apartment to rent online near downtown.Anyone already landed in Halifax or wishing to land in coming months, please share the timeline.

One more query: As I have three members in my family..how much USD will I have to take at least to pass the immigration in Toronto smoothly?
Can anyone suggest.

Take Care
Shakhawet
Congratulations Shakawet. For me, I mostly searched thru kijiji, and there are a lot of 3 bedroom apartments or if you are looking for a home, check out kijiji or contact a real state agent.

About the money, regardless of number of family, since you are considered one entity, the 10K lcash limit still applies. Like you cannot have your wife carry 5k, and maybe you carry 5k, your children 3K, or something like that. As one group, you carry less than 10K, if you want to carry more than that, you just have to declare your cash.

Best Regards

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
One more last day of the week. 7 months and 5 days passed... Hopefully today is the day or else wait for more days...

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Just to update on my application

London VO

AOR - 16th May

Medical Passed- 5th Aug

BG - NA till Nov 15th and changed to we are processing your............

Request for Biopage+eyeclour+height - 16th Nov

PPR- 27 Nov

Thanks to everyone for all your help in this group.

Congrats SDKD on your PR too. It looks like we got it the same day. Don't know if you remember me but I have mailed you before on an issue and you asked me to contact Drajpoot.

My profound appreciation goes to Drajpoot. Really appreciate your help. Don't know what I would have done without you and my Friend Steve. God bless you

Funkyfolo (Now FavouredWoman)
Congrats!
I am sorry my friends, could not get much time to congrats you all who got PPR and landed in Halifax
Wish you a very Happy new year 2018, & All the very best to all who landed in Nova Scotia for their new life and career and Also good luck to everyone who are in process, All of you would be here soon..... Just wait and have a bit more patience.

Thanks everyone for your love and appreciation.
Best regards
D.

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
One more last day of the week. 7 months and 5 days passed... Hopefully today is the day or else wait for more days...
For me it’s 6 months and 12 days now . Need to wait a bit more , but time will come for sure .. don’t worry Cian.
Br,
G

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

As I can see, there are still some people waiting for PPR. What a journey has it been for all of us!

First, I'd like to apologize for abandoning the forum like this, as well as for not updating the spreadsheet anymore. Things were so rushed during my last few months before moving, and I had to focus on finishing everything I had still open on my job. Funny as it is, I was able to finish it on the night before traveling to Canada (on April 19). At 1 am! Arriving home, I still had to finish packing some stuff. Went to bed at 3 am, only to wake up at 6 and face a 2-hour car trip to the airport, followed by another 14 combined hours of flight, with 2 5-hour layovers. To make things worse, I sat next to one of those people that just can't keep their elbows inside their seat area, and only got about 2 hours' sleep out of the 10-hour flight from Sao Paulo to Toronto. When we arrived at the Airbnb (it was around 2 pm), we still had to go to a grocery store if we wanted to have something to eat. Then, we just pushed all our 13 bags inside, went to the nearest one, bought a few stuff for the dinner and next morning's breakfast, had our baths (after 2 days!), ate dinner, and fainted over the beds! That was our first, "wonderful", day in Halifax!

Soon, we got a place to rent and started the job hunting process. Our kids started going to school after 2 weeks, I got my driver license, bought a car, we started making friends. So, after about a month, everything seemed to be in place. Except, of course, for the jobs.

And it wasn't easy! Even though I have an engineering background, with over 20 years' experience, and there were quite a few openings available for me (not as many as IT, but still above the average), I wasn't successful in getting a single interview during my first month. Got 3 during the next, but still no luck in landing a job. Did everything possible to improve my resume, cover letter, was doing well on the (few) interviews, but started collecting a series of disappointments. Then, summer came, jobs disappeared, not a single call for interviews, and the money still flowing out.

After Labour Day, at least things started improving again, with new jobs posted, a few calls for interviews (5 in a 2-week span!), my wife actually got a job before me, even though she wanted to go back to school first. It's part-time, retail, and she makes barely above minimum, but at least we were starting to make some money. As for my interviews, all of them turned into disappointments, and soon all opportunities in my area started to disappear too. After 6 months, I started to get desperate and began applying to survival jobs as well. At least my wife moved to full-time and was doing well on her job, despite the busy schedule, including evenings and weekends.

But, when things were starting to look dire, I finally got a job. And a very nice one, doing the exact type of work that I wanted, the salary is on pair with my experience, not to mention that the office is on Bedford Highway, overlooking the basin!

I wanted to share my experience with those who are in a similar situation, so they don't give up on their dreams. Sometimes it's really hard, things get complicated, money starts getting tight, but you must keep the faith, either on your own beliefs (for those who are religious), or at least in yourselves, as it's not like that suddenly you became stupid, incompetent and all your previous years of experience are worth nothing. You just need to find the right job, in the right place, and then find a way of showing them that you are capable of doing the same as any other competitor, Canadian or not! There are people who are really afraid of hiring immigrants, for whatever reason they have, and especially in the Maritimes! But there are still a lot of open-minded people. Just keep looking and do your best to prove yourselves!

Last edited:

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hello everyone,

As I can see, there are still some people waiting for PPR. What a journey has it been for all of us!

First, I'd like to apologize for abandoning the forum like this, as well as for not updating the spreadsheet anymore. Things were so rushed during my last few months before moving, and I had to focus on finishing everything I had still open on my job. Funny as it is, I was able to finish it on the night before traveling to Canada (on April 19). At 1 am! Arriving home, I still had to finish packing some stuff. Went to bed at 3 am, only to wake up at 6 and face a 2-hour car trip to the airport, followed by another 14 combined hours of flight, with 2 5-hour layovers. To make things worse, I sat next to one of those people that just can't keep their elbows inside their seat area, and only got about 2 hours' sleep out of the 10-hour flight from Sao Paulo to Toronto. When we arrived at the Airbnb (it was around 2 pm), we still had to go to a grocery store if we wanted to have something to eat. Then, we just pushed all our 13 bags inside, went to the nearest one, bought a few stuff for the dinner and next morning's breakfast, had our baths (after 2 days!), ate dinner, and fainted over the beds! That was our first, "wonderful", day in Halifax!

Soon, we got a place to rent and started the job hunting process. Our kids started going to school after 2 weeks, I got my driver license, bought a car, we started making friends. So, after about a month, everything seemed to be in place. Except, of course, for the jobs.

And it wasn't easy! Even though I have an engineering background, with over 20 years' experience, and there were quite a few openings available for me (not as many as IT, but still above the average), I wasn't successful in getting a single interview during my first month. Got 3 during the next, but still no luck in landing a job. Did everything possible to improve my resume, cover letter, was doing well on the (few) interviews, but started collecting a series of disappointments. Then, summer came, jobs disappeared, not a single call for interviews, and the money still flowing out.

After Labour Day, at least things started improving again, with new jobs posted, a few calls for interviews (5 in a 2-week span!), my wife actually got a job before me, even though she wanted to go back to school first. It's part-time, retail, and she makes barely above minimum, but at least we were starting to make some money. As for my interviews, all of them turned into disappointments, and soon all opportunities in my area started to disappear too. After 6 months, I started to get desperate and began applying to survival jobs as well. At least my wife moved to full-time and was doing well on her job, despite the busy schedule, including evenings and weekends.

But, when things were starting to look dire, I finally got a job. And a very nice one, doing the exact type of work that I wanted, the salary is on pair with my experience, not to mention that the office is on Bedford Highway, overlooking the basin!

I wanted to share my experience with those who are in a similar situation, so they don't give up on their dreams. Sometimes it's really hard, things get complicated, money starts getting tight, but you must keep the faith, either on your own beliefs (for those who are religious), or at least in yourselves, as it's not like that suddenly you became stupid, incompetent and all your previous years of experience are worth nothing. You just need to find the right job, in the right place, and then find a way of showing them that you are capable of doing the same as any other competitor, Canadian or not! There are people who are really afraid of hiring immigrants, for whatever reason they have, and especially in the Maritimes! But there are still a lot of open-minded people. Just keep looking and do your best to prove yourselves!
Congrats!!! Nice to see your post and experience after a long time .
Most important thing which I liked in your experience, you mentioned that you got exact what you wanted.
Wish you a very Happy new year and this year will bring you more happiness and joy in your life.

regards
D

Last edited:

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I just applied for GCMS notes... Chey_nz I think you should too apply...

Reactions: cheyz_ns

taurushimmat

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Hello..though i understand that NSNP intake for Category B is closed yet..but can i fill up the form and submit it..when it opens..
Please advise..

manpreetcan

Jul 5, 2016
Hello..though i understand that NSNP intake for Category B is closed yet..but can i fill up the form and submit it..when it opens..
Please advise..
No you can only create login credentials (e.g. username and password) the rest you can only complete when the intake windows open.

Drupad

Dec 6, 2017
Any updates ?
Hi,

I received a mail from CIC with subject line "PPT Request Letter". What does it mean ?
What i know that the confirmation of PR mail usually have subject "Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa".

I'm a little bit worried. Kindly let me know if you know anything about "PPT Request Letter".

Many thanks in advance.