Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
JUNE 14 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Hello net_mo? Have you received your stamped passport? I was advised that it takes 2-3 days for VFS.

Praying for everyone whose waiting for their PPR!

Have a great new year!!

Reactions: joebacs

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi chey_nz

Did you receive your PPR email?

net_mo

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
Hello net_mo? Have you received your stamped passport? I was advised that it takes 2-3 days for VFS.

Praying for everyone whose waiting for their PPR!

Have a great new year!!
Hi, yes sorry for the delayed response..its been a hectic week for me...I'm sure you got your stamped passport already, gave mine at vfs last dec.19, then got text that it was stamped and ready for pick-up last dec. 22....since I had it sent thru courier, I went to check 2go express dec. 23, and thankfully, its already there!!!

Reactions: kristelgen

net_mo

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
My journey from PPR to visa stamp just a brief info:

I received my PPR mail last Dec.18, 2017, thru my agents cic account, then she forwarded it to me. In it is the PPR mail, and some instruction of how to submit passport to VFS Manila. Then on December 19, I submitted my passport at VFS manila personally (although you can also send it thru any courier). Had some problems with my ID picture, because according to the agent, it does not comply with the required specs, so I had to repeat it, good thing there is one shop nearby. (@alphaland south gate mall-they already know about the specs). So for anyone whose getting their picture taken, please check carefully the specs, you can cut the print out guideline from canada website and trace it over your picture, just to be certain.

After that, it was easy, just submit the letter and forms, pay necessary fee for the VFS, and if you want the courier to deliver at your home, pay additional. From some posts, it seems that Manila Embassy stamps passport faster than most, within a week is the usual trend. The line at VFS was not that long for those who will only submit their passport.

Then for Filipino citizens, we are required to have a Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS), whether you are a spouse or principal applicant, its required. Now they will need the passport before you can book online at CFO manila, but for those from the North, you can go as walk-in at CFO clark. I went at CFO-clark, as it is more convenient for me. The information provided is mostly about travel docs, airport info, Canada info, it was a good chance to hear more information. It is mandatory to get this PDOS for Filipino's because at the airport, immigration will check the sticker, and you cannot board without it.

Next info, will be about my experience at the airport!!!!Thanks everyone, I hope cian, bolt and chey_nz and everyone still waiting will get their PPR's sooner, its not a question of will you get it, but more of when.

***By the way, I noticed my visa's date of issue was about two weeks before my PPR mail, so I am sure your visa's are already just maybe sent by batch!!!

kristelgen

Star Member
May 1, 2012
PHILIPPINES
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
JUNE 14 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA

I received my PPR mail last Dec.18, 2017, thru my agents cic account, then she forwarded it to me. In it is the PPR mail, and some instruction of how to submit passport to VFS Manila. Then on December 19, I submitted my passport at VFS manila personally (although you can also send it thru any courier). Had some problems with my ID picture, because according to the agent, it does not comply with the required specs, so I had to repeat it, good thing there is one shop nearby. (@alphaland south gate mall-they already know about the specs). So for anyone whose getting their picture taken, please check carefully the specs, you can cut the print out guideline from canada website and trace it over your picture, just to be certain.

After that, it was easy, just submit the letter and forms, pay necessary fee for the VFS, and if you want the courier to deliver at your home, pay additional. From some posts, it seems that Manila Embassy stamps passport faster than most, within a week is the usual trend. The line at VFS was not that long for those who will only submit their passport.

Then for Filipino citizens, we are required to have a Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS), whether you are a spouse or principal applicant, its required. Now they will need the passport before you can book online at CFO manila, but for those from the North, you can go as walk-in at CFO clark. I went at CFO-clark, as it is more convenient for me. The information provided is mostly about travel docs, airport info, Canada info, it was a good chance to hear more information. It is mandatory to get this PDOS for Filipino's because at the airport, immigration will check the sticker, and you cannot board without it.

Next info, will be about my experience at the airport!!!!Thanks everyone, I hope cian, bolt and chey_nz and everyone still waiting will get their PPR's sooner, its not a question of will you get it, but more of when.

***By the way, I noticed my visa's date of issue was about two weeks before my PPR mail, so I am sure your visa's are already just maybe sent by batch!!!

Thank you for your detailed experience! All the best in your landing experience. I am still waiting for an update/ text from VFS regarding passport pick up. (Today is my third day)

Will keep everyone updated. God bless you!

shakhawet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Thank you for your detailed experience! All the best in your landing experience. I am still waiting for an update/ text from VFS regarding passport pick up. (Today is my third day)

Will keep everyone updated. God bless you!

Thanks for the details..Certainly very helpful..
Regarding landing in airport , I have one query:
Can I choose halifax as my first destination in canada? In that case My first time immigration procedure will be done in Halifax international airport.. right? But fif I choose any route via Toronto or Montreal in that case my immigration procedure will be completed in Toronto or Montreal airport.
Which one is better?Can you or anyone who already landed in Halifax suggest?

Best Regards,
Shakhawet

Last edited:
Reactions: net_mo

cheyz_ns

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Hi chey_nz

Did you receive your PPR email?
Hi cian,
It’s been a busy week for me that’s why I haven’t been active in this forum lately. Unfortunately still no update. I think my visa office is in London. How about you?

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017

Congrats net-mo, finally ur wait is over .. ur 2017 ends fruitfully...
al the best for NS
Br,
G

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
11/04/2017, Passed on 04/08/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....

Congrats Net_mo:):):)....so whn u r planing to go?? Everything is ready???

SDKD

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
11/04/2017, Passed on 04/08/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Wishing all of you a Happy new Year 2018:):):).....Surely this year will bring good news to all of you....

Cian dont worry....you will get it sooon......

SDKD

Bolt1204

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
bolton
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
30 august 2017
Nomination.....
15august2017
AOR Received.
28 august 2017
Med's Request
22 august 2017
Med's Done....
27 august 2017
Thanks for the details..Certainly very helpful..
Regarding landing in airport , I have one query:
Can I choose halifax as my first destination in canada? In that case My first time immigration procedure will be done in Halifax international airport.. right? But fif I choose any route via Toronto or Montreal in that case my immigration procedure will be completed in Toronto or Montreal airport.
Which one is better?Can you or anyone who already landed in Halifax suggest?

Best Regards,
Shakhawet
Congrats Net_mo:):):)....so whn u r planing to go?? Everything is ready???

SDKD
Hi net_mom,
Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing ur continous efforts and ur experiences throughout the journey...I m happy for you and pray for u ,sdkd ,nuureal and all our friends to land safely Ns.Do share ur experiences and pre boarding services...Once again thanks ....

Reactions: nuurueal

Bolt1204

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
bolton
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
30 august 2017
Nomination.....
15august2017
AOR Received.
28 august 2017
Med's Request
22 august 2017
Med's Done....
27 august 2017
Hi net_mom,
Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing ur continous efforts and ur experiences throughout the journey...I m happy for you and pray for u ,sdkd ,nuureal and all our friends to land safely Ns.Do share ur experiences and pre boarding services...Once again thanks ....

Reactions: nuurueal and net_mo

net_mo

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
Happy New Year to All,

Just another post from my airport experience...Hope to answer some of those questions from previous post.

I flew from Manila to Toronto, Toronto to Halifax. So my port of entry was in Toronto. (But if you flew direct to Halifax, then that would be your port of entry).
Manila: My ticket did not include my travel tax (P1620 per person, higher if you fly business class) which I had to pay from the airport, terminal fee was included in my ticket, which was worth P550. Accordingly if you purchase thru PAL, all those fees are included, although I went thru PAL, I bought my ticket online (flight hub) and travel tax was not included. The payment center is inside the airport, just after the entrance inside, you will see it immediately.
After paying, I went inline for check-in, they check my ticket and passport, they gave me my boarding pass. So it turns out, as a rule, even if your baggage is labeled Halifax, you still have to get it in Toronto, to be checked in again, for all airlines. After check-in, immigration check, they did not ask me a question, just looked at my passport and ticket, and I am good to go. Airport check, x-ray and waiting time. After a few delayed hiccups from Philippine Airlines, finally we went on board.

Toronto: After arriving, you will be guided thru immigration. So since I have a connecting flight, I was separated in one line, to have my picture and declaration of goods done. Its a couple of self serving kiosk, but there is a attendant on hand to help in case you have any glitch. So what you do, is scan you passport on the machine, indicate if you are declaring any goods, or money more than 10K, then the machine takes a picture and prints out a document (A piece of paper with your name, picture, and indicates if you declare any goods). Keep this. After that, when you go down, there will be another line, it says there all passport and the other one is with ticket (the one printed our earlier). Show the attendant the print out you had earlier, and you will bypass that long line. Next is the border desk, she will ask are you declaring any goods, I declared my dried fish actually, but I think she probably waved it, I only brought a few pieces. Then she told me, go to the immigration, here is another line, just be patient.
The immigration officer ask me, (she was actually very nice and friendly), these are standard questions ok, have I been convicted of any crime, asked to leave Canada, and I think one more questions which I forgot. Also she asked me about my address, told her I am staying at this address but it won't be my permanent, she said, its ok, do I want my PR card sent there, I said yes. Then asked me to sign my CoPR, and that was it.
Before exiting, there was another sort of cubicle there, where they gave me pamphlets about arriving in Canada, booklet on Canada, and a red bag to put those booklets in. (awww how nice right?.!!)
Then, I went out, at the exit, there is a officer, give him that ticket, which you printed our earlier. Then go get your luggage. Get your cart, somewhere at the left side, near the money changer, sometimes there is a line, just be patient.
Then, since I landed in Terminal 3, I had to go to Terminal 1. There are clear signs, so I am sure you will get lost.
Halifax: So again, I checked my baggage. It was a breeze, I went thru Air Canada. Then another security check, then the boarding gate.
Arriving at Halifax, there were no more checks, went out of the plane, took my baggage and off I went....

good luck to everyone!!Happy new year

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Happy New Year to All,

Just another post from my airport experience...Hope to answer some of those questions from previous post.

I flew from Manila to Toronto, Toronto to Halifax. So my port of entry was in Toronto. (But if you flew direct to Halifax, then that would be your port of entry).
Manila: My ticket did not include my travel tax (P1620 per person, higher if you fly business class) which I had to pay from the airport, terminal fee was included in my ticket, which was worth P550. Accordingly if you purchase thru PAL, all those fees are included, although I went thru PAL, I bought my ticket online (flight hub) and travel tax was not included. The payment center is inside the airport, just after the entrance inside, you will see it immediately.
After paying, I went inline for check-in, they check my ticket and passport, they gave me my boarding pass. So it turns out, as a rule, even if your baggage is labeled Halifax, you still have to get it in Toronto, to be checked in again, for all airlines. After check-in, immigration check, they did not ask me a question, just looked at my passport and ticket, and I am good to go. Airport check, x-ray and waiting time. After a few delayed hiccups from Philippine Airlines, finally we went on board.

Toronto: After arriving, you will be guided thru immigration. So since I have a connecting flight, I was separated in one line, to have my picture and declaration of goods done. Its a couple of self serving kiosk, but there is a attendant on hand to help in case you have any glitch. So what you do, is scan you passport on the machine, indicate if you are declaring any goods, or money more than 10K, then the machine takes a picture and prints out a document (A piece of paper with your name, picture, and indicates if you declare any goods). Keep this. After that, when you go down, there will be another line, it says there all passport and the other one is with ticket (the one printed our earlier). Show the attendant the print out you had earlier, and you will bypass that long line. Next is the border desk, she will ask are you declaring any goods, I declared my dried fish actually, but I think she probably waved it, I only brought a few pieces. Then she told me, go to the immigration, here is another line, just be patient.
The immigration officer ask me, (she was actually very nice and friendly), these are standard questions ok, have I been convicted of any crime, asked to leave Canada, and I think one more questions which I forgot. Also she asked me about my address, told her I am staying at this address but it won't be my permanent, she said, its ok, do I want my PR card sent there, I said yes. Then asked me to sign my CoPR, and that was it.
Before exiting, there was another sort of cubicle there, where they gave me pamphlets about arriving in Canada, booklet on Canada, and a red bag to put those booklets in. (awww how nice right?.!!)
Then, I went out, at the exit, there is a officer, give him that ticket, which you printed our earlier. Then go get your luggage. Get your cart, somewhere at the left side, near the money changer, sometimes there is a line, just be patient.
Then, since I landed in Terminal 3, I had to go to Terminal 1. There are clear signs, so I am sure you will get lost.
Halifax: So again, I checked my baggage. It was a breeze, I went thru Air Canada. Then another security check, then the boarding gate.
Arriving at Halifax, there were no more checks, went out of the plane, took my baggage and off I went....

good luck to everyone!!Happy new year
Really helpful info ... u r doing amazing job here ... thanks buddy... and congrats for finally getting landed to ur dream land.
Enjoy.. and happy new year.
Br,
G