+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

pmariappan2016

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Hi Friends,

I am Oct 8th application and got AOR on 20th Oct.

Last week, my manager got an email from Nominee office to confirm my NOC duties and employment.But Managar does not have an access to send the confirmation via his business email id as it is restricted to use only for official purpose.So he sent the confirmation via his Gmail Id to the nomination office stating he does not have access as per our company rules.

Is this acceptable? any of you guys faced this situation earlier?

mdzakir1

Mar 9, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2015
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
15-06-2017
Med's Done....
25-5-2017
Interview........
Not Require Currently
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dear All,

I have applied for NS and now my colleague change the company and left the country . Will they send email to check my details or not . Because he has given Company email id and it is close now .

Any suggestions from Seniors .

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
mehtab007 said:
***** URGENT QUERY ******

Hello seniors and all,

I recently saw a shocking post on the PNP section of this forum, where CIC rejected PR of someone with "Sask. Nomination" citing that the current job duties do not match to that of NOC.

I'm wondering if this could happen to any of us? It is very worrying that when we spend an year or more waiting for the NS nomination, put all our hopes and IF then CIC rejects it at later stage.. then it will be brutal! I wonder didn't the Sask. immigration office double check all the details before verifying?

Any one has any idea as to how well the NS Immigration office verifies all the details before handing out nomination? What is the approval rate for NS PNP nomination holders of getting PR?

Any inputs from all of you regarding this matter is appreciated.
Hi
I do not find anything shocking in this news as CIC has their own criteria to assess your documents and file thoroughly , CIC is not obliged to give you PR if you have nomination from any province.
Additionally it is clearly mentioned in NSNP guide that nomination does not guarantee that you will receive Permanent resident status and also you will see the same in nomination certificate.
And it make sense too.

Reasons:

1- Sometimes PNP has their own criteria to nominate people such as their point system and other requirements of documents, if you go in past when NSOI started this program they have different points system for your work experience but after that they updated and make it exactly same as Federal point grid system.
If you go further past you will see NSOI dint ask even for IELTS and also ECA but after that they update their criteria and make it same as Federal.

I do not know what is the Criteria of SINP for nomination but if it is not same as Federal requirement for sure CIC will refuse BUT IT RARELY HAPPENS CAUSE NOW A DAYS MOST OF PNP PROGRAM ARE THROUGH EXPRESS ENTRY SO EVERY ONE WHO HAS EE PROFILE MEANS THEY FULFILL FEDERAL CRITERIA.

2- AS FAR AS I KNOW SINP is online program BUT NSNP was paper based in the beginning and most of the applicants submit many documents to justify their situation specially for work experience, and its easy to read everything in detail for nomination officer and they can do as much research as much they want to determine if you meet the eligibility criteria and thats why they keep on asking additional documents till they dont get satisfied. BUT Express Entry system is not designed for CIC officer to have to go looking more information it is designed to be quick and thorough. If you do not provide the required information, clearing and in the manner CIC requests, you may be refused without opportunity to provide more information.

That is the reason when you get nomination email, nomination officer suggest you to submit all communication email and documents with your PR application so that CIC officer got to know everything quickly. And even if he dint suggest you its your duty to submit everything with your PR application as CIC officer may have same doubt which nominee officer had when he assessed your file.

3- If applicant does not submit proper documents in Express Entry, CIC will refuse immediately does not matter he has nomination. KEEP IN MIND IF DOCUMENTS ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO JUSTIFY CIC IS NOT GONNA ASK YOU ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS THEY REFUSE MENTIONING THE REASON.
That is why you can not blame any officer neither CIC officer nor Nominee Officer. Nominee officer has enough time to go through with all documents and ask additional documents to check your eligibility But CIC officer is stick to the requirement if your documents are as per requirement your file is OK , if he finds something is not as per requirement or as per they want to see you will get refused immediately.

DO NOT RELATE ASSESSMENT OF NOMINEE OFFICER WITH THE ASSESSMENT OF CIC OFFICER. CIC OFFICER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW NOMINEE OFFICER ASSESS YOUR FILE.
IF NOMINEE OFFICER ASKS YOU MANY DOCUMENTS IT MEANS YOUR DOCUMENTS WERE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO SATISFY HIM AND IT GIVES YOU A HINT THAT IF SAME DOCUMENTS REACH TO CIC OFFICER HE WILL REJECT YOUR FILE BECAUSE HE DOES NOT RESEARCH OR ASK ADDITIONAL HE JUST REFUSE OR ACCEPT.

regards
D

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drajpoot said:
Hi
I do not find anything shocking in this news as CIC has their own criteria to assess your documents and file thoroughly , CIC is not obliged to give you PR if you have nomination from any province.
Additionally it is clearly mentioned in NSNP guide that nomination does not guarantee that you will receive Permanent resident status and also you will see the same in nomination certificate.
And it make sense too.

Reasons:

1- Sometimes PNP has their own criteria to nominate people such as their point system and other requirements of documents, if you go in past when NSOI started this program they have different points system for your work experience but after that they updated and make it exactly same as Federal point grid system.
If you go further past you will see NSOI dint ask even for IELTS and also ECA but after that they update their criteria and make it same as Federal.

I do not know what is the Criteria of SINP for nomination but if it is not same as Federal requirement for sure CIC will refuse BUT IT RARELY HAPPENS CAUSE NOW A DAYS MOST OF PNP PROGRAM ARE THROUGH EXPRESS ENTRY SO EVERY ONE WHO HAS EE PROFILE MEANS THEY FULFILL FEDERAL CRITERIA.

2- AS FAR AS I KNOW SINP is online program BUT NSNP was paper based in the beginning and most of the applicants submit many documents to justify their situation specially for work experience, and its easy to read everything in detail for nomination officer and they can do as much research as much they want to determine if you meet the eligibility criteria and thats why they keep on asking additional documents till they dont get satisfied. BUT Express Entry system is not designed for CIC officer to have to go looking more information it is designed to be quick and thorough. If you do not provide the required information, clearing and in the manner CIC requests, you may be refused without opportunity to provide more information.

That is the reason when you get nomination email, nomination officer suggest you to submit all communication email and documents with your PR application so that CIC officer got to know everything quickly. And even if he dint suggest you its your duty to submit everything with your PR application as CIC officer may have same doubt which nominee officer had when he assessed your file.

3- If applicant does not submit proper documents in Express Entry, CIC will refuse immediately does not matter he has nomination. KEEP IN MIND IF DOCUMENTS ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO JUSTIFY CIC IS NOT GONNA ASK YOU ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS THEY REFUSE MENTIONING THE REASON.
That is why you can not blame any officer neither CIC officer nor Nominee Officer. Nominee officer has enough time to go through with all documents and ask additional documents to check your eligibility But CIC officer is stick to the requirement if your documents are as per requirement your file is OK , if he finds something is not as per requirement or as per they want to see you will get refused immediately.

DO NOT RELATE ASSESSMENT OF NOMINEE OFFICER WITH THE ASSESSMENT OF CIC OFFICER. CIC OFFICER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW NOMINEE OFFICER ASSESS YOUR FILE.
IF NOMINEE OFFICER ASKS YOU MANY DOCUMENTS IT MEANS YOUR DOCUMENTS WERE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO SATISFY HIM AND IT GIVES YOU A HINT THAT IF SAME DOCUMENTS REACH TO CIC OFFICER HE WILL REJECT YOUR FILE BECAUSE HE DOES NOT RESEARCH OR ASK ADDITIONAL HE JUST REFUSE OR ACCEPT.

regards
D
+1

Thanks a lot for the detailed clarification! :)

Sheuly

Oct 20, 2016
Hi,

Sorry for late reply. In my AOR they ask for updated information about my Job, bank statement, NOC table, Settlement plan etc.

I have few question

01. After getting ITA do I have to submit Tax related papers. I mean tax return with wealth statement?
02. My husband is a Chartered Accountant and he is practicing as an public accountant. He is practicing in partnership firm. Which documents should i have to submit in this regard?
03. I had applied canada immigration before express entry which was refused due to expiry of IELTS. After that i applied NS PNP. Now so far everything is fine. Do they cross check with my previous file which i submitted before Express Entry? I got that file back by DHL.

Please help me

Regards
Sheuly

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
drajpoot said:
Hi
And it make sense too.

Reasons:

regards
D

Great Info!

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Sheuly said:
Hi,

Sorry for late reply. In my AOR they ask for updated information about my Job, bank statement, NOC table, Settlement plan etc.

I have few question

01. After getting ITA do I have to submit Tax related papers. I mean tax return with wealth statement?
CIC do not need your Tax papers though if you want you can submit it as its a good evidence to prove that whatever money you have in your account its yours.

02. My husband is a Chartered Accountant and he is practicing as an public accountant. He is practicing in partnership firm. Which documents should i have to submit in this regard?

If your husband is dependent applicant in your application, No one require any documents from his side.

03. I had applied canada immigration before express entry which was refused due to expiry of IELTS. After that i applied NS PNP. Now so far everything is fine. Do they cross check with my previous file which i submitted before Express Entry? I got that file back by DHL.

Yes they do and they will ask you questions about the intended province you chose in your previous application and if you chose any other province in your previous application they will ask you WHY you chose NS now if you chose another one in your Federal application.
By the way if you got your file back which means it returned as incomplete not refused. There is a big difference between returned and refused.
I do not know they generated UCI for your file or not cause some applicant reported they got UCI when they got their application back for some reason So I will suggest you to give them true info whenever they ask you about your previous application.

Please help me

Regards
Sheuly

pranavtiwari80

Jun 22, 2016
ritawallu said:
Don't worry kotm@n..... Lets take it positive nd wait foe the decision to be in your favor. Good luck.
Hello Ritawallu
Did you receive AOR or nomination?
I have applied on October 26, 2015. Only pre AOR received. Nothing after that.
Thanks

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Hello Friends,

It appears that the pace of AORs has slowed down to trickle once again. I am a Nov 10th Applicant and am worried that since the NS office will be closed for Christmas and New Year Holidays (have no idea about how many days) at this pace my file wont come under consideration until next year....Does anyone know if this will affect the quota that NS Province has for 2016? Will our file be assessed under the 2016 quota or will they include us under the 2017 one?

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
pranavtiwari80 said:
Hello Ritawallu
Did you receive AOR or nomination?
I have applied on October 26, 2015. Only pre AOR received. Nothing after that.
Thanks
Hi,

I have not received any AOR yet. Still waiting for it. Lets hope for the best.

manesh80

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
pakimom said:
Hello Friends,

It appears that the pace of AORs has slowed down to trickle once again. I am a Nov 10th Applicant and am worried that since the NS office will be closed for Christmas and New Year Holidays (have no idea about how many days) at this pace my file wont come under consideration until next year....Does anyone know if this will affect the quota that NS Province has for 2016? Will our file be assessed under the 2016 quota or will they include us under the 2017 one?
Even if you get Aor in Dec(current speed), could get nominated by Jan which is 2017 quota.